OT: General knowledge test #579A | The Boneyard

OT: General knowledge test #579A

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Please do not hit "reply", nor discuss politics, nor do research.

1.."I'll hold your hands; they're just like ice."

2..This sea creature has 3 hearts, several brains and can reach 20 feet in length.

3.."Thank you kindly.
Desert Pete.
For what?

4..In 1969 a Native American group occupies..?..for 19 months.

5..The 1st state to ratify the Bill of Rights?

6..The twin towns of Hildale and Colorado City are known for..?

7..According to the WHO the world's most polluted big city is..?

8..Her friend asked Priya, What will you wear for your romantic date"?
Priya:: "I will be guided by a selection from Celine Dion's A NEW DAY HAS COME album,
____ ___ ____."

9..What shark is named for its main prey?

10..The "no filter" tour hits America in 2019. The act?

11..Alexander Prokopchuk vs. Kim Jong Yang for..?

12..In 1980 87 die by fire in a Vegas hotel(?).

13..The Stones, Beatles, Peter & Gordon and Sinatra and Dylan, all with songs having "Lady" in the title.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
2 .. squid

8 .. Something about a sari probably

9 .. Mackerel sharks?

13..Stones: She's a Lady; Beatles: Lady Madonna ; Peter and Gordon: Lady Godiva; Sinatra: The Lady is a Tramp (from Rodgers and Hart's Babes in Arms, an underrated musical); Dylan: Lay Lady Lay.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
2. Octopus
4. Alcatraz
5. New Jersey
6. Two things (1) they are separated by the Utah and Arizona border (2) They are populated by practitioners of the Fundamentalist Church of of Latter-Day Saints who are polygamists.
7. Tokyo
9. Tigers? Hammers? NFL refs?:) Goblins? Lemons? Whales? Yep! Whale Shark!!!
12. MGM Grand

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
1. line from song Baby It's Cold Outside. Much in the news lately
3. leaving water to prime the pump and instructions
4. Alcatraz
6. polygamy
7. Beijing
8. Sari(sorry) for love
9. Nurse sharks. Young shark medical students pursue them unrelentingly
11. leader of Interpol. Yang for the win.
12. Stones she's a lady or lady jane; Beatles Lady Madonna; P&G Lady Godiva; Blue eyes Lady is a tramp. Dylan lay, lady, lay

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
1..Yeah Bama...even here today, though Hartfordites wouldn't call it so.

2..To be precise. SVC, the Giant Pacific Octopus.

3..As Drive & Bama say.

4..Credit to Bama & SVC.

5..Did you know, SVC, it is known as the Garden State? I had one there once, but couldn't compete with woodchucks.

6..Yeah, but you guys ought to have mentioned their legal troubles. Unless of course you have sympathy for acquiring child brides.

7..The land of the sari--Mumbai.

8..Bama has it, while withholding caustic remarks about my question. Must have pained him.

9..Which got Bama thrown out of medical school. The salmon shark.

10..The Rolling Stones. Must be a new group, otherwise you guys would have heard of them.

11..If he took a partner, it would be Yin-Yang. It would add balance to Interpol, but in the past you
guys have railed against balance.

12..Drive & SVC got out, but their chips melted.

13..And I want to add, "That's why the Lady is a Tramp."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
5. Did you know, SVC, it is known as the Garden State? I had one there once, but couldn't compete with woodchucks.

I did know about New Jersey being known as the Garden State. Just always wondered why the misnomer. :rolleyes:;) Mrs. SVC and I used to visit her 90+ year old Aunt who stood 4 foot nothing in a Pittsburgh suburb. While there, we were entertain by her rushing outside with her broom to beat back a persistent woodchuck (groundhog locally) from her vegetable garden. As soon as we would hear her rev’ing up, we would rush to a window for the show. Even while typing this it brings smile to my face. She still bowled at 90+. Now she is with her beloved Matt.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I did know about New Jersey being known as the Garden State. Just always wondered why the misnomer.
If you get to southern Jersey, it is very much a garden state. Blueberries and tomatoes.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If you get to southern Jersey, it is very much a garden state. Blueberries and tomatoes.

Hey, I'm sure the southern Jersey gardens are right up there in beauty with the Jersey Devil. :oops::(:rolleyes:
1544544631408.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
9..Which got Bama thrown out of medical school. The salmon shark

BigB should get a shout out for mackerel shark.
"The salmon shark is a species of mackerel shark found in the northern Pacific ocean. "

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Lives in the pines.
I am not form New Jersey. i have heard people on the telly talk about a New Jersey devil. Is there a local name given to this creature? I saw a photo of a large creature on the beach surrounded by what appeared to smaller creatures. The narrator was saying something about the beach being closed to all but this creature's family. I think maybe the thing was called a Crispie? It was something close to that. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am not form New Jersey. i have heard people on the telly talk about a New Jersey devil. Is there a local name given to this creature? I saw a photo of a large creature on the beach surrounded by what appeared to smaller creatures. The narrator was saying something about the beach being closed to all but this creature's family. I think maybe the thing was called a Crispie? It was something close to that. ;)
Not that I ever heard. Jersey Devil or Leeds Devil. It's what the New Jersey Devils hockey team was named after.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Not that I ever heard. Jersey Devil or Leeds Devil. It's what the New Jersey Devils hockey team was named after.
My wise acre post ;) probably did not deserve an answer. But thanks for answering anyway!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom