OT: General knowledge test #575A | The Boneyard

OT: General knowledge test #575A

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Please don't press "reply" nor do research nor talk politics.

1..In 1970 10% of babies were out of wedlock. Now 18, 26, 33, 40, 46, or 52%?

2..WNBA player is (humorously) "Drippy Smallmouth".

3..Famous scientist who worked out of Menlo Park?

4..A Fragrance und ein Deutcher Stadt?

5..Edith Carow & Amy Hathaway Lee?

6..Only 2 active NFL QB's have defeated every team. Who?

7..First constitutionally elected Prez of the Republic of Texas?

8..In 1845 Alexander Cartwright pens the 1st set of..?.

9..The Met's 1883 grand opening featured _______'s FAUST.

10..About the 1st 6 words of Dylan's WITH GOD ON OUR SIDE; well, yes it is, if talking about a famous 1960's B'way star. Who?

11..Edson Arantes do Nascimento is better known as..?.

12..(Word play) The fashionable resident of a disputed state in India wears a _______ s_______.

13..In the mid/late 60's there were 2 guys vying for USSR leadership. Who?

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
3. Thomas Edison
6. This is a good 'un: Ryan Fitzpatrick may be one of them.
7. Stephen Austin

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
1. 33?
3. Edison
4.Cologne
5. Teddy Roosevelt's wives (edit I thought the first wife was Alice,not Amy)
6. Drew Brees and Tom Brady
7. Austin
8.baseball
10. Zero Mostel aka Max Bialystock
11. Kashmir sari
12. Breshnev and Andropov (His name is the butt of many Russian chauffeur jokes)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1..52%

3..Edison

4..Cologne

5..? and lead singer of Evanescence

7..Davy Crockett?

9..Gounod

11..Pele

12..Kashmir sweater

13..Brezhnev and Kosygin

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
THANKS for being the QUIZMASTER!!!!!

3. Thomas Alva Edison - inventor, businessman, and a scientist in the spirit of Michael Faraday
4. cologne and Cologne
6. Only active QB to defeat all 32 NFL teams is Drew Brees. Tom Brady and Ben Roethllsberger have defeated 31 teams. Inactive QBs Peyton Manning and Brett Favre defeat all 32 teams. (Edit: I am staring at my answer which I now find confusing. How can a QB defeat all 32 teams since one of the those teams has to be his own team? Dah! So is the answer Drew, Tom and Ben? Yet I swear I read Brees won against all 32 teams. Hmmm, Did he defeat the Saints when he was with San Diego ergo 32? May have to look into Manning and Favre. Wait! Favre finished his career with the Vikings and did beat Green Bay. Leaves Manning. No it does not. Manning finished his career with Denver and had defeated Indy. So Brady and Roethlisberger cannot have defeated every NFL team since they have played for the same team their whole career. Do practice scrimmages count?:) I was confused, now you probably are confused by my rambling!:rolleyes:)
7. Sam Houston
9. Richard Wagner's FAUST.
11. Pele
13. Leonid Brezhnev and Nikita Khrushchev

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. 46
3. Thomas Edison
6. Brady and Eli
6. Brady & Brees
7. Sam Houston
11. Pele
12. Mari sari
13. Kruschev and Brezhenev

Reaction Score
6. Well it ain't Brady because he has never beat the Patriots. Brees and ..... Alex Smith?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
6. Well it ain't Brady because he has never beat the Patriots. Brees and ..... Alex Smith?

Precisely: this is why I thought of Fitzpatrick - somebody's who been around a long time, played for a few franchises, and has had some success, engineered a few upsets.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
3. Edison
6. Brees just did it. I didn't remember that there was a 2nd active. I thought they said Favre did it, but I could be wrong.
7. SF Austin, maybe. Houston also served, at least as Governor
8. rules of baseball, I think.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
1..All your guesses acknowledge the hefty change in this phenomenon--it's 40.

2..How soon you forget the bench in Phoenix. For shame.

3..It seems "Menlo Park" is seared in the brains of so many.

4..Bama and Big are on the scent.

5..Hah! My own notes say "Alice", Bama; then Big comes along to show how I went astray.

6..SVC has convinced me that beating your own team is like the sound of one hand clapping. Let's move along.

7..Texas' largest city honors him. SVC & VAUC have it.

8..Bama & Knight say Boston and LA are eternally grateful.

9..Big claims SVC has sour notes. He's right.

10..Bama says. "Keep giving me puns; I live for puns".

11..Big, SVC & VAUC identify the Brazilian.

12..But, Bama, you gotta take the blanks seriously. See Big.

13..Once again, see Big.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
1..All your guesses acknowledge the hefty change in this phenomenon--it's 40.

2..How soon you forget the bench in Phoenix. For shame.

3..It seems "Menlo Park" is seared in the brains of so many.

4..Bama and Big are on the scent.

5..Hah! My own notes say "Alice", Bama; then Big comes along to show how I went astray.

6..SVC has convinced me that beating your own team is like the sound of one hand clapping. Let's move along.

7..Texas' largest city honors him. SVC & VAUC have it.

8..Bama & Knight say Boston and LA are eternally grateful.

9..Big claims SVC has sour notes. He's right.

10..Bama says. "Keep giving me puns; I live for puns".

11..Big, SVC & VAUC identify the Brazilian.

12..But, Bama, you gotta take the blanks seriously. See Big.

13..Once again, see Big.
Chief, I am drawing a blank on your #12 admonition. I do not see how Big, with sweater, is more accurate than my "female garment from the Indian subcontinent" sari. Like all good students, i await the enlightenment our teacher bestows. BTW, Big is tough to beat! :confused::confused::confused:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Chief, I am drawing a blank on your #12 admonition. I do not see how Big, with sweater, is more accurate than my "female garment from the Indian subcontinent" sari. Like all good students, i await the enlightenment our teacher bestows. BTW, Big is tough to beat! :confused::confused::confused:

Very simple...Sari takes 4 blanks; sweater requires 7. I gave you 7 blanks. Secondarily, "cashmere sweater" is well known in pop culture, so it is more likely to result in Boneyard understanding of the word play.
The Testmeister has spoken; let the doubters beware.

And what of the bench in Phoenix, huh?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Very simple...Sari takes 4 blanks; sweater requires 7. I gave you 7 blanks. Secondarily, "cashmere sweater" is well known in pop culture, so it is more likely to result in Boneyard understanding of the word play.
The Testmeister has spoken; let the doubters beware.

And what of the bench in Phoenix, huh?
I do not doubt you ,sir. At least ,I do not doubt your intentions. However, when the question /clue appears on my screen, there are two blank lines of equal length. Nothing to denote number of letters, or spaces. I certainly grant your assertion that cashmere sweater is more common. I beg to differ , however, that anything leads to Boneheads understanding ! Our raison de etre is misunderstanding, opinion, argument, and a general sense of unfulfilled purpose. That being said, please keep posting these quizzes. They are great fun. Thanks be to you! Or, to mimic another contentious thread of yours, gratias tibi. ;):D As far as a bench in Phoenix, I have never been there to visit let alone loaf in the park.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I do not doubt you ,sir. At least ,I do not doubt your intentions. However, when the question /clue appears on my screen, there are two blank lines of equal length. Nothing to denote number of letters, or spaces. I certainly grant your assertion that cashmere sweater is more common. I beg to differ , however, that anything leads to Boneheads understanding ! Our raison de etre is misunderstanding, opinion, argument, and a general sense of unfulfilled purpose. That being said, please keep posting these quizzes. They are great fun. Thanks be to you! Or, to mimic another contentious thread of yours, gratias tibi. ;):D As far as a bench in Phoenix, I have never been there to visit let alone loaf in the park.[/QUOTE

OK, between you and me here's a chance to redeem yourself. I will provide a question about the musical
"Oklahoma," and your answer will be, "The Sari with the fringe on the top".
No, no, thank me later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom