OT ESPNC showing Kemba Walker 2011 | The Boneyard

OT ESPNC showing Kemba Walker 2011

Reaction Score
I listed the wrong channel

UConn men played D back then. And with all the "we need a post" talk that year showed how far a couple of outstanding guards can take a team that plays defense.

UConn-Pitt. Some great games and they show that games can be very physical without being dirty.

Reaction Score

UConn men played D back then. And with all the "we need a post" talk that year showed how far a couple of outstanding guards can take a team that plays defense.

UConn-Pitt. Some great games and they show that games can be very physical without being dirty.
Most impressive run I’ve ever seen. 5 in 5, then another 6. Lots of top teams ran into a buzzsaw.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

The 2011 team had plenty of bigs...Oriakhi, Smith, Olander, Okwandu, and even Giffey and Lamb had some size. Lamb also had an incredible wingspan for a guy his height. Compared to the emaciated stick figure bigs we currently have, the guys on the 2011 team were real men.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The 2011 team had plenty of bigs...Oriakhi, Smith, Olander, Okwandu, and even Giffey and Lamb had some size. Lamb also had an incredible wingspan for a guy his height. Compared to the emaciated stick figure bigs we currently have, the guys on the 2011 team were real men.
I blame the skinny jeans.

Reaction Score

LOL Yeah, size, but they had no offensive game other than dunking, for the most part. If Stokes were on the team those same folks would be complaining about her offense and that she wasn't 6'4"+. It's only in hindsight, after seeing her success as a pro, that some here now dream of having another like her.

I guess every time I read a poster dreaming of "twin towers" I am reminded of Gilmore & Burrows, the original TT's. 7'2" and 7' at a time when that meant something. They never won a title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom