OT: Davis / Garcia | The Boneyard

OT: Davis / Garcia

Reaction Score
So I inadvertently recorded a few episodes of the All Access on Showtime for the Tank Davis / Ryan Garcia fight. I know a little bit about both of these dudes but always thought of Garcia as more of an internet star than anything else. I am not remotely plugged into boxing these days.

I know we have some serious boxing heads on this board: is this a good fight? how do the people who know boxing anticipate that it’ll go? and is it worth buying?

Reaction Score
It’s a big deal. Garcia has beaten legit fighters recently, though none of this level. And then Tank is proven but can look beatable for large stretches.

We don’t get these fights (young undefeated fighters in their prime). And then there are 4 other studs around this weight class. This fight could be the beginning of an incredible era.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Interesting matchup because the difference in size and styles, but end of the day, I expect tank’s power to be too much for Garcia. Garcia is a lot taller though and a very fast . if he can keep tank on the end of his jab he definitely has a chance.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It's a good fight. Both are young undefeated stars, Garcia by way of social media (mostly) and Davis the old school way. Both have power and speed. Garcia has looked better recently and is the bigger fighter, so he has an advantage there, but I still question how good he really is. This is his time to show it. Davis has been at the top for some time, albeit against mostly favorable matchmaking to protect him but he has been in there with real guys. I think Davis ultimately stops Garcia late.

When looking at buying the fights I often check out the undercard. There are some entertaining fighters on it. David Morrell is must watch and will be a superstar very soon. Bektemir Melikuziev looks for revenge against Gabe Rosado. Bek the Bully is an interesting prospect because he is talented and entertaining but does not really have a weight class at the moment.

Reaction Score
Interesting matchup because the difference in size and styles, but end of the day, I expect tank’s power to be too much for Garcia. Garcia is a lot taller though and a very fast . if he can keep tank on the end of his jab he definitely has a chance.
Agreed on Garcia. However, it is highly debatable that Tank has more power. Garcia is taller, faster, and more powerful by many accounts. Tank is considered the better fighter in terms of overall skill. I see this as a too close to call fight. One guy is lucky to be 5’5” (Tank) and the other is probably closer to 5’11” than his listed 5’10”. Everything on paper would lead me to choose Garcia, but Tank is tough and presumed better. Definitely worth watching this fight. If anything, it’s a curiosity due to the huge height difference.

I’d probably bet on Tank, only because most people are picking him, so I presume they know what they are talking about. This is at least where we’ll see if Garcia is a paper Tiger or not.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
the first few rounds will be interesting as Tank is a slow starter and Garcia I think will come out very fast. That might be Garcia’s best chance because Tank will find his chin eventually…

Garcia is a great offensive fighter looking good under Joe Goosen, but he still keeps his head on center line too often and that’s a bad combination with Tank’s devastating power. He’s more than capable of winning a bunch of the first 6 rounds, but I just can’t see this making it to the cards

Reaction Score
Unrelated but Shakur is so god damn good. I know he doesn’t have the resume just yet, but I honestly think he’s the best p4p in the world at the moment. 135 is absolutely STACKED so he’ll be able to show it too.
I think it’s going to come down to him and Tank. Not sure who wins.

Reaction Score
Unrelated but Shakur is so god damn good. I know he doesn’t have the resume just yet, but I honestly think he’s the best p4p in the world at the moment. 135 is absolutely STACKED so he’ll be able to show it too.

He's looked amazing as of late and showed out again last night. There is a ton of talent in boxing right now and the past couple years, we have started getting the fights we all want to see. This Garcia/Tank should be awesome, but Haney/Loma is another great one. Hoping to get Crawford/Spence in a few months too.

As far as the David/Garcia, I have to agree with everyone that I think Tank will eventually catch him. Garcia is lightning quick though, so if he can crack him first, things could get very interesting!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'll be buying this fight. There haven't been many opportunities for high level boxing fights for purchase, but this is one of interest. Davis could get the knock out, or it could go to a Garcia decision. Either wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction Score
Ive been watching all these light weights the last few years and out of Tank, Teo, Garcia, Loma, Haney, Garcia and Shakur, Shakur is the truth. He is going to beat every single one of these guys. He is simply special on a level i have not seen in a long, long time.

Reaction Score
It should be a good fight. Not sure who I will pick. May be the biggest fight of the year, unless Crawford vs Spence actually happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom