OT: Chris Obekpa (SJU) | The Boneyard

OT: Chris Obekpa (SJU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid is a beast defensively. Reminds me of Okafor. We'd be a different team had we gotten him.

Reaction Score
Uncertainty is a f@ck!

Obekpa has 11 blocks tonight and the game isn't over yet. Easily best shot blocker in the nation. Not close. SJU not playing real good ball last 2 games, but Obekpa has been getting better every game.

Reaction Score
If there was a plan for succession we would have him or someone like him now. I understand Calhoun wanting his own guy. Coach Calhoun mist see Warde as and outsider. But this game of cat and mice is costing us the present. One ggod thing Ollie seems to have command of the team. We'll be back in a couple of years don't worry.:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There will be others. At least he landed himself at St Johns instead of Kentucky, Syracuse, or Louisville. Or Cincinnati for that matter. Or Georgetown. Or even Providence, yeah Providence.

Reaction Score
There will be others. At least he landed himself at St Johns instead of Kentucky, Syracuse, or Louisville. Or Cincinnati for that matter. Or Georgetown. Or even Providence, yeah Providence.

The interesting part of it is that it came down to Cincy, SJU and Providence. the story I heard was this. Once Providence dropped out, Cincy seemed the heavy favorite. From what I was told, Obekpa was very torn between Cincy and SJU. Cronin wanted him signed by the spring signing period and wasn't willing to wait and pressured him. Heard he didn't care for the ultimatums. Ultimately, Lavin just gave him the time he needed to decide and didn't pressure him to commit. He ended up signing in the summer. At this rate he will go on to best Walter Berry's season blocks record in the next few games. Who knows what after that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The interesting part of it is that it came down to Cincy, SJU and Providence. the story I heard was this. Once Providence dropped out, Cincy seemed the heavy favorite. From what I was told, Obekpa was very torn between Cincy and SJU. Cronin wanted him signed by the spring signing period and wasn't willing to wait and pressured him. Heard he didn't care for the ultimatums. Ultimately, Lavin just gave him the time he needed to decide and didn't pressure him to commit. He ended up signing in the summer. At this rate he will go on to best Walter Berry's season blocks record in the next few games. Who knows what after that.

Is he any good offensively? Or can he just shot block?

Reaction Score
He is terrible at the FT line, but will get you offensive boards and put backs. Defensively - he is a 10 armed Hindu god.

Reaction Score
Basically, SJU and Lavin gave him the "extra benefits" and that's why he ended up there...
Vitamin Water and all, SJU has not been to impressive so far this year.

Reaction Score
If there was a plan for succession we would have him or someone like him now. I understand Calhoun wanting his own guy. Coach Calhoun mist see Warde as and outsider. But this game of cat and mice is costing us the present. One ggod thing Ollie seems to have command of the team. We'll be back in a couple of years don't worry.:

Better edit this quick, the grammer birds are going to be out in full force

Reaction Score
Basically, SJU and Lavin gave him the "extra benefits" and that's why he ended up there...
Vitamin Water and all, SJU has not been to impressive so far this year.

Spoken like a true, bitter Friar fan.

Reaction Score
Can Jessica Alba sing?

Who cares?

If he's a beast defensively that's plenty good enough.

Here is Jessica. Also starring the BONE-yards Fleudslipcon and Mauconn with Jessica. Fleud and Mauconn have since moved on in their lives to the BBD (Bigger and better deal) and now grace us with their presence on this magnificent message board!

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Here is Jessica. Also starring the BONE-yards Fleudslipcon and Mauconn with Jessica. Fleud and Mauconn have since moved on in their lives to the BBD (Bigger and better deal) and now grace us with their presence on this magnificent message board!

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

We did Campari body shots on Jess after the shoot BLUEDOG........:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member