OT - Cal beats us to the punch, unveils their new "more aggressive" logo | The Boneyard

OT - Cal beats us to the punch, unveils their new "more aggressive" logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess we aren't the only school "upgrading" to a more fierce logo, but hopefully ours turns out better than theirs. Maybe a hint of what we can expect next week.

cal-logo.jpg

http://college-football.si.com/2013/04/10/cal-bears-new-logo/

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I actually think their new logo is pretty good

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I like it....wonder what Cal fans think.
This 25 year season ticket holder who grew up a few minutes from campus really likes it. The uniforms are basically the same just with a bears head on the shoulder

Reaction Score
These logos are both pretty good. IF they keep the general look of our current Husky with a few minor changes I will b pretty happy.

Are people going to the Logo unveling?

Reaction Score
What is with the front view of all these logos? It works for the bulldog I think. Less so for the bear and it doesn't work at all for others...BC's looks more like a duck than an Eagle and I think they have more or less relegated it to second tier status and replaced it with the eagle in flight. I think a husky would look better in a profile type view but I think Nike is now into the front views and that's what we'll get.

Reaction Score
Because it's aggressive! It's coming at you! Coming to get you!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I give this bear a "meh" and hope the new husky does not instill the same.

Now, I would love to see Cal-SC go foward with an evil banana slug. That could be cool.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I understand the rebranding, but all these logos are a little too similar. They look pretty good and I could live with the style, but I'm apprehensive. I'd rather be a little different.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This 25 year season ticket holder who grew up a few minutes from campus really likes it. The uniforms are basically the same just with a bears head on the shoulder

I like the bear head a lot... probably looks perfect on a uniform... and other than maybe being a little heavy handed with the blue the whole logo is pretty good.

Reaction Score
I understand the rebranding, but all these logos are a little too similar. They look pretty good and I could live with the style, but I'm apprehensive. I'd rather be a little different.
That is a good way of putting it. They all come out of the same shop. They are fine, but nothing special I guess. Kind of a quasi-cartoon character. Don't love them. Don't hate them. And I guess as long as we don't go with Rutgers style diet coke helmets I'm good.

Reaction Score
I like the bear head a lot... probably looks perfect on a uniform... and other than maybe being a little heavy handed with the blue the whole logo is pretty good.
Seems like it would be better if it was just the head and they left off the "striding" body
cal-logo.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Seems like it would be better if it was just the head and they left off the "striding" body
cal-logo.jpg

If you had that, and took out the grey tongue, it would be awesome.

Reaction Score
Connecticut College updated their mascot a few years ago to make it more aggressive looking. Consensus seems to be that it looks more like the Loch Ness monster than a camel.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Connecticut College updated their mascot a few years ago to make it more aggressive looking. Consensus seems to be that it looks more like the Loch Ness monster than a camel.

Probably a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak