OT- best golf course you've played | The Boneyard

OT- best golf course you've played

Reaction Score
I'm not much of a golf guy so I don't exactly appreciate a great golf course or what makes it great but my dad has the opportunity to play Pine Valley in NJ tomorrow, the #1 golf course in the world. Haven't heard him this excited in a while, wondering if anyone here has had a chance to play it or any other really good courses that are out there.

Reaction Score
Mission Hills (Dinah Shore course), Rancho Mirage, CA

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Royal County Down in Northern Ireland. Followed closely by old head, Ballybunion, Lahinch. Ireland golf trips are highly recommended

Reaction Score
In this area I would go Fishers Island, Bethpage Black, Country Club of Fairfield, TPC.

Across the country I have played The Medalist in Jupiter which is Tiger's home track. Troon North in Scottsdale, Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Nevada.

Reaction Score
I was going to say Wolf Creek. Actually stunned someone else has found it. I'd pay 20 bucks to walk that course with my clubs in the car. There's also Paiute in North Las Vegas (actually three courses) which has been a favorite vacation stop of mine, and Edgewood in Tahoe was awesome. Have never gotten to see Torrey Pines or Pebble Beach (or Bethpage Black, when I was a Long Islander) so I've missed the tip-top courses in places I've lived.

Reaction Score
Mid Pines and Pine Needles, near Pinehurst in NC.
The Connecticut Club in Easton.
Seaview Marriott in NJ.

And personal favorites, Rockledge and Shennecossett.

Reaction Score
It's a 3 way tie between The Dunes Club, TPC , and Wachesaw East in Myrtle Beach.

Reaction Score
Troon North in Scottsdale monument course

Dinosaur, Superstion Mountain both courses,Wild horsepass
The course at Sedona 10th hole is the most photographed hole in AZ. I parred the front uphill got killed on the downhill.
Wekeepaw is suppose to be great but I haven't gotten there yet.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
The stadium course at TPC Sawgrass here in Ponte Vedra, Florida.

It's sister course, The Valley, is quite nice too.

Reaction Score
Torrey Pines, TPC Raleigh, TPC River Highlands, Wellesley CC, Hartford GC, Caledonia GC, Lighthouse Sound CC, TPC Myrtle Beach, Rolling Greens CC (optional site of the US Open this year)..........

Will be playing Oak Hill, Rochester NY a few weeks after the PGA is held there this year.........looking forward to that!!

Reaction Score
How is that course I'll will hopefully in Cabo in Dec.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
But more honestly, I would have to say the Highland Course in Quechee, VT. I played the Plantation course in Kapalua but didn't like it so much.

Reaction Score
I've had the good fortune of playing Prout's Neck Country Club in Scarborough, Maine four times. To get on the course, you need to know someone who owns a certain amount of land in a certain vicinity and I happen to know someone. Landowners in the area include Julia Roberts, Glenn Close and the Rockefeller family.

Some folks call it the Pebble Beach of the North and it is so über exclusive there really aren't even pictures available to show the course. When I've walked this course, I felt high from the scenery. I went even par over four straight holes once and it was the best stretch of golf I've ever had in my life.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I've had the good fortune of playing Prout's Neck Country Club in Scarborough, Maine four times. To get on the course, you need to know someone who owns a certain amount of land in a certain vicinity and I happen to know someone. Landowners in the area include Julia Roberts, Glenn Close and the Rockefeller
You can get a tee time if you stay in the hotel there too. Hotel is silly expensive though.

Reaction Score
You can get a tee time if you stay in the hotel there too. Hotel is silly expensive though.

That's right. It's about five hundy a night. My buddy stayed there for an anniversary. He did NOT play golf that weekend. :)

Reaction Score
Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, Michigan. It is out of the way but consistently top 25 public courses in the US. If ever given the chance, definitely worth the 5 hours.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I suck at golf, but I like it nonetheless. I'm not good at it naturally, and I haven't put in nearly enough time to become good. But I understand a little more about it each time and eek out just enough good shots to deceive me into believing that I could be decent if I played often enough,

I don't know enough to evaluate the quality of a course from a sporting perspective, but the tracks I've liked best are the ones that are so incredibly scenic that they don't spoil the good walk, no matter how bad your game.

I'm an ocean guy, but the most stunning one for me--and one that was always fascinating to play--is Arrowhead in Colorado. It's like another planet. Large red rocks the size of houses and small buildings dot the course and present some of the most unique obstacles you've ever seen.

I also love the seascape setting of Farm Neck on Martha's Vineyard. Never tired of that walk, either.

Reaction Score
Bethpage Black, Tanglewood Champions Course, Atlanta Athletic Club, Southern Hills, Wolf Creek (Outside of Kansas City)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom