OT- Best athletes ever from CT. | The Boneyard

OT- Best athletes ever from CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw a thread over on the Providence scout board asking who are the beat RI athletes ever and it was a pretty unimpressive list. For a small state I feel like CT. has a really impressive list of athletes. I'll get the conversation started with a few names.- Steve Young, Jeff Bagwell and Dwight Freeney

Reaction Score
Jonathan Quick. One of the most insane, if not the most insane, goal-tending performances I have ever seen. Gold medalist and another Stanley Cup champ, Chris Drury. Bob Skoronski, who also went to Fairfield Prep, offensive captain of Green Bay Packers' Super Bowls I and II champions

Reaction Score
Bruce Jenner, Calvin Murphy, Bill Rodgers...

Reaction Score
Joan Joyce??? Wow, I used to go watch the Brakettes. She then went on to play some pro golf. I feel old.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can't forget about Scottie Burrell, who did it in two sports (NBA and Toronto Blue Jays minor league team). Also, Romanowski was from Rockville, I think. Marcus Camby has had a very long career in the NBA. Kristine Lilly is the most decorated U.S. women's soccer player of all time (if the list includes female athletes....if it doesn't, it should). And I just saw an article today on Lindy Remigino of Hartford who won two gold medals (100m and 4x100m) in the 1952 olympics. I'll think of more, but those came to mind.

Reaction Score
Andre Drummond...maybe in 10 years he will cement his name on this list

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure if I could include Vin Baker, who had a pretty long NBA career. He was born in Florida, but he went to high school in Old Saybrook and I saw him play his college ball at UHart. Maybe he's "honorable mention."

Reaction Score
Certainly not the best athlete ever but he has a certain record that will probably never be beaten anytime soon, gotta go with Chris Smith.

Reaction Score
I saw a thread over on the Providence scout board asking who are the beat RI athletes ever and it was a pretty unimpressive list. For a small state I feel like CT. has a really impressive list of athletes. I'll get the conversation started with a few names.- Steve Young, Jeff Bagwell and Dwight Freeney

Some good lists. I bet if we compile a list of everybody mentioned, it would be quite impressive.

Reaction Score
I guess if steroids are allowed we can throw Bagwell on there.......otherwise he really has no right to be mentioned with Jenner, Young, Murphy, Burrell etc etc..........

Reaction Score
I vote for Scott Burrell. As we sit in basketball purgatory lets remember one of the greatest moments in UConn basketball history. Yes this vid has been played ad nauseam (assuming the vid even posts here LOL) but Burrell is my bias choice.

Funny thing is for us die hard UConn fans we all remember where we were when "The Shot" was made. Man seems like yesterday...

Reaction Score
Would John Carney count? even though he was born in Hartford, but moved to Florida when he was younger.

How about former NASCAR drivers, Jerry Nadeau and Randy LaJoie?

Also, Indy car sensation Scott Sharp.

Reaction Score
I think Bruce Jenner spend much of his life including HS in Ct. Calvin Murphy as well.

Reaction Score
Calvin Murphy , lb for lb was the best. He also was a world class baton twirler. I saw him perform at halftime at a Uconn FB game in the mid sixties at MemorIal Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom