OT: Anyone catch this trainwreck? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone catch this trainwreck?

Reaction Score
Jake Paul got a broken tooth and black eye, he's lucky he didn't get put to sleep. Floyd has never been much of a power puncher but he may kill him now in the ring, I won't be watching.
Floyd had power early on before he messed his hands up. He beat a very tough, much bigger Corrales to a pulp.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, Jake Paul isn't fighting Mayweather. It's his older brother Logan. He was just there to stir the pot and piggyback off the publicity.

Reaction Score
The UFC is “the brand” for professional mma, therefor the fights we should see, we usually see. Unfortunately, so many champions and great boxers are split with different promotions and politics become too involved (bud Crawford is a great example of this).
We have great young entertaining fighters, Teo, Shakur, Tank, etc, but the Mayweather model has really hurt the sport. The other thing with MMA is that we frequently see great fights run back for a rematch while it is relevant. Boxing has the opportunity often to do this, but refuse to.
For we got WilderxFury 2 & GGGxCanelo 2 (boxing corruption at its finest here), but we miss out on things like TeoxLoma2 & PAC x Mayweather. All to the detriment of the fans & sport

Reaction Score
Canelo Alvarez is literally going to fill up the cowboys stadium on Saturday. Hes the biggest name in all of combat sports, bar none. Tyson vs AJ is going to be the biggest heavyweight boxing fight this century. There are some big boxing fights happening this year. Just not as many as we would like.
No he is not.....unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Is it younger people or older people who are still big fans of the sport? Some of both? I don't know anyone who watches boxing any more. I remember all the big fights in the 1970s and 1980s had prominent articles in the Courant. I can't remember any fights being on the front page of the sports section in a long time. Maybe a couple? There's just no way there are as many boxing fans today as there used to be.
Boxing has more total fans in the US and worldwide than MMA. It is way more popular among minorities here in the US than MMA.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, Jake Paul isn't fighting Mayweather. It's his older brother Logan. He was just there to stir the pot and piggyback off the publicity.
Jake Paul is the better fighter of the two brothers (not saying much). Logan was beaten already by another YouTuber....... It's about to get real for Mr. Paul. Jake has even said Logan's making a big mistake.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Jake Paul is the better fighter of the two brothers (not saying much). Logan was beaten already by another YouTuber....... It's about to get real for Mr. Paul. Jake has even said Logan's making a big mistake.
If the goal is to make money, I'm not sure how this is a mistake. Logan Paul is promised $1.5 million in fighting plus 10% in PPV revenue. So he'll probably earn in excess of $10M for a night's worth of getting his face punched in.

It's not like he has a real boxing career he has to protect.

Reaction Score
As a long time message board pain in the ass, I truly appreciate Jake Paul's entire catalogue.

Reaction Score
They also could give Bud Crawford an opportunity to be a superstar by getting the Pac Man fight booked now and then following up with Spence in Dec. It's criminal the way they are wasting his prime like this.

Boxing could be great again but it sabatoges itself at every opportunity.
Last i heard Pac was ready to sign on to fight Bud but bud didnt sign because of a huge money disparity between what he`d be paid and what Manny would get. Thats disappointing as he is my favorite fighter but he needs to realize Pac is the attraction and gets all the benefits in negotiations.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Last i heard Pac was ready to sign on to fight Bud but bud didnt sign because of a huge money disparity between what he`d be paid and what Manny would get. Thats disappointing as he is my favorite fighter but he needs to realize Pac is the attraction and gets all the benefits in negotiations.
Think Pac is going to fight Mikey Garcia and Bud is looking at a move up to 154 lbs. He has one more fight on his Top Rank deal then hopefully links up with Al Haymon to make the fight with Spence. If we don’t get Spence - Crawford in their primes we riot

Reaction Score
Think Pac is going to fight Mikey Garcia and Bud is looking at a move up to 154 lbs. He has one more fight on his Top Rank deal then hopefully links up with Al Haymon to make the fight with Spence. If we don’t get Spence - Crawford in their primes we riot
Bud should absolutely not be moving up at this point especially if his contract is about to be up with TR. Now that you mention the one more fight thing that really makes me wonder if hes betting he can get a bigger pay day for a Manny fight without TR.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Bud should absolutely not be moving up at this point especially if his contract is about to be up with TR. Now that you mention the one more fight thing that really makes me wonder if hes betting he can get a bigger pay day for a Manny fight without TR.
Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano are fighting for the undisputed super welterweight championship in July. I would like to see Bud against the winner if Spence is off the table. Both of those guys are repped by PBC

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
He should be treating that Pac fight as a loss leader, and assume he'd make it up in the Spence fight. Even so, that would be his biggest payday of his career. No one cares about the disparity when you drop a legend and a name brand in 5. He's 33 and needs to get to work on putting a stamp on his legacy.

Reaction Score
Well, that's four minutes of my life I'll never get back.

The first and last Paul brother video I'll ever watch.

Reaction Score
Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano are fighting for the undisputed super welterweight championship in July. I would like to see Bud against the winner if Spence is off the table. Both of those guys are repped by PBC
If Charlo wins and Bud moved up and won that would be a pretty big notch on his belt. It could then set up a big fight at 154 with Spence.

Reaction Score
73,000 in attendance. Broke Ali's record.
If there weren't any covid restrictions he would have gotten over 100k. Once again, Canelo is the biggest star in combat sports bar none.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom