OT: Any LadyVol fans or anyone familiar with the State of TN | The Boneyard

OT: Any LadyVol fans or anyone familiar with the State of TN

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Couldnt find the OT Button....

Looks like I may spend 24 hours in Chattanooga in the coming months. Anyone familiar with the city? Any recommendations on a good lunch/brunch spot? Thanks in advance

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I have only been there once. Just passed through the town.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I live in Chattanooga! We have so many good brunch places that are local only. Some of my faves are State of Confusion, The Daily Ration, Clyde’s on Main, Feed Co., Stir...if you’re looking for a good, unique burger, try Urban Stack. Lots of good ice cream and dessert places too!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I know where the Choo Choo is...(as in “Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo)...:rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn’t resist

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I live in Chattanooga! We have so many good brunch places that are local only. Some of my faves are State of Confusion, The Daily Ration, Clyde’s on Main, Feed Co., Stir...if you’re looking for a good, unique burger, try Urban Stack. Lots of good ice cream and dessert places too!

My friend came across Stir and suggested it to me. I came across the Public House and Beast+Barrel.... there are so many places to choose from downtown and on the north shore. I love a burger.. and I saw Urban Stack listed..... but i dont think my friend would approve of going to a burger place for lunch. :oops:

It will be my first time visiting your city. Hopefully I get to visit a few times in 2020.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
My friend came across Stir and suggested it to me. I came across the Public House and Beast+Barrel.... there are so many places to choose from downtown and on the north shore. I love a burger.. and I saw Urban Stack listed..... but i dont think my friend would approve of going to a burger place for lunch. :oops:

It will be my first time visiting your city. Hopefully I get to visit a few times in 2020.
Both Public House and Beast+Barrel are good as well! You really can’t go wrong with any of those places. Enjoy Chatt...it really is a beautiful, fun little city.

Reaction Score
I know where the Choo Choo is...(as in “Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo)...:rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn’t resist
I stayed in the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hilton for a meeting/convention about 30 years ago. Interesting hotel (actual rail cars for some of the rooms). Bad part of town tho. Don't know if it's still there.

I got curious and googled it - there is still a Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel - not Hilton. No mention of the rail car rooms. ??

I stopped in Chattanooga on my way driving from Atlanta to Knoxville (for a UConn game at TBA). Someone had recommended Lookout Mountain as an attraction. You can see 4 states from the Summitt (pun intended). Otherwise bleh - don't waste your time. There's a little cave up there with miniature doll-house type rooms lit up in little alcoves if that's your thing (snore....).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I stayed in the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hilton for a meeting/convention about 30 years ago. Interesting hotel (actual rail cars for some of the rooms). Bad part of town tho. Don't know if it's still there.

I got curious and googled it - there is still a Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel - not Hilton. No mention of the rail car rooms. ??

I stopped in Chattanooga on my way driving from Atlanta to Knoxville (for a UConn game at TBA). Someone had recommended Lookout Mountain as an attraction. You can see 4 states from the Summitt (pun intended). Otherwise bleh - don't waste your time. There's a little cave up there with miniature doll-house type rooms lit up in little alcoves if that's your thing (snore....).
So we were there for the Rutgers NCAA fiasco back in the Cappie days. She was sort of tricked into saying something that sounded disrespectful of the Lady? Mocs and it was all over but the shouting. That was the game where they fouled Cappie out for hacking one of the Chattanooga players who commented (too loudly) to her teammate - "Wow, she never touched me".

In any case, we thought the aquarium was quite nice. Also the scenery. And - the complete absence of cars downtown outside of business hours. IT was odd.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So we were there for the Rutgers NCAA fiasco back in the Cappie days. She was sort of tricked into saying something that sounded disrespectful of the Lady? Mocs and it was all over but the shouting. That was the game where they fouled Cappie out for hacking one of the Chattanooga players who commented (too loudly) to her teammate - "Wow, she never touched me".

In any case, we thought the aquarium was quite nice. Also the scenery. And - the complete absence of cars downtown outside of business hours. IT was odd.

I think downtown Chattanooga has changed quite a bit in the past two decades... at least thats the word on the street.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I think downtown Chattanooga has changed quite a bit in the past two decades... at least thats the word on the street.
It definitely has...the northshore and downtown are all great tourist places and “part” of the Southside is the new, up and coming area where a lot of new restaurants and tourist places are popping up. A lil over a decade ago, no one would have set foot in the Southside at night. Now, it’s full of people.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Any good cake and or donut places in Chattanooga? Asking for a friend

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
The BEST place for desserts is the Hot Chocolatier it’s on the Southside off main st. So good! We also have Julie Darling Donuts on the Northshore and Krispy Kreme on Brainerd Rd.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The BEST place for desserts is the Hot Chocolatier it’s on the Southside off main st. So good! We also have Julie Darling Donuts on the Northshore and Krispy Kreme on Brainerd Rd.

My goodness. :eek:... if you come across some passed out in a Duke sweatshirt covered in cake crumbs or a half eaten box of donuts. by his side...... just wake me up

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The part that tells where the Choo Choo is describes the departing track 29 ... at Penn Station in NYC. :)

Loved the video, thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom