OSU beats Ashland 110 - 80 | The Boneyard

OSU beats Ashland 110 - 80

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
80 points.... guess they are still working on that dedication to defense then huh? Lord if we give up 80 points... Geno will explode.
I'll be very curious to see how UCONN does against the exhibition competition compared to other schools. Having said that, 4 tOSU starers played over 29 minutes?? Not sure how many are on their roster, but if ANY UCONN starters play more than 25 minutes I'll be very surprised. With no less than 13 players on the roster, I think Geno will want to give some extended minutes to the non-starters. we may not score more than 100 given the amount of time on the court the players see, but I'd bet a lot of $ that Ashland won't score over 60 (probably not even over 50)...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll be very curious to see how UCONN does against the exhibition competition compared to other schools. Having said that, 4 tOSU starers played over 29 minutes?? Not sure how many are on their roster, but if ANY UCONN starters play more than 25 minutes I'll be very surprised. With no less than 13 players on the roster, I think Geno will want to give some extended minutes to the non-starters. we may not score more than 100 given the amount of time on the court the players see, but I'd bet a lot of $ that Ashland won't score over 60 (probably not even over 50)...
Ohio State held out Alexa Hart and Makayla Waterman due to injury and, according to this article, only played 8 players in this exhibition, including a walk-on:

Five Takeaways From Ohio State's 110-80 Exhibition Win Over Ashland

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
OSU is consistent....still can't play defense
The problem to me is simple. Most players insist that they want to play up tempo. Indeed, OSU does just that. But in order to play defense you need to play up tempo as well: High intensity, both ways for 4 quarters. This requires players willing to committ to a high level conditioning regimen, and I've seen few teams in WCBB other than UConn willing to do so.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
The problem to me is simple. Most players insist that they want to play up tempo. Indeed, OSU does just that. But in order to play defense you need to play up tempo as well: High intensity, both ways for 4 quarters. This requires players willing to committ to a high level conditioning regimen, and I've seen few teams in WCBB other than UConn willing to do so.
Yeah people forget that part. You must have the endurance. tOSU does not seem to have it. I got a little curious about Ashland and found this: Reigning DII champs Ashland to face Ohio State and UConn women's basketball teams in one-week span

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom