OT: - Orient Point to Greenport by bike? | The Boneyard

OT: Orient Point to Greenport by bike?

Reaction Score
Have any of you biked from Orient Point to Greenport New York? I looked online for the feasibility of this trip and found several conflicting answers. We want to take the ferry from New London with our e-bikes, and then bike to Greenport. I just want to make sure it’s feasible before I start planning.

Reaction Score
As you can see by the answers above it is quite doable. Back in 1988 I met my wife on the 3 day American Lung (or Heart Assoc) bike ride starting in CT and including a ferry ride to/from Orient Point. With your ebikes you'll have lot's of options and I suggest you check out at least one local winery. BTW, my wife and I celebrated our 33rd anniversary last month by cycling the Dolomite mountains in Italy-still riding together:) Be safe and have a great ride!!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's pretty flat and there's usually a good shoulder - and drivers are pretty respectful. The breeze along the causeway is fun. Lol.

Reaction Score
I used to take the ferry from New London to Orient Point and rode to Greenport and Shelter Island and beyond. There are two ferries on Shelter Island so you can ride to Montauk if you want. I don't believe that I rode that far but I did get to Shelter Island and took the South ferry to Sag Harbor and continued to the Atlantic. It was twenty years ago so I was much younger but it was not a difficult ride and I was on a 12 speed.

Reaction Score
As others pointed out Google maps says 49 min by bike and can't ask for any flatter ride.

1692039320381.png

Reaction Score
Greenport is not too long a bike ride from Orient Point ferry. Have ridden from Greenport to the State Park in Orient, very nearly at the ferry terminal.
on an e bike the ride would be even easier. I think the total distance is about 13 miles, it is almost all flat terrain. Scenic, bucolic, stop at a farm stand for wonderful berries, peaches, corn, melons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom