Oregon press conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon press conference

Reaction Score
It seemed like the intensity wore Oregon down at the end of the first half. While Dana got them up for the second half , they spent all the rest of their energy in 12 min. We were the better conditioned team.They were cocky and had an easy time of there first 4 games and were at home to boot. They weren't ready and we were.

C

Chief00

Altman got too much credit for what his team did the last few years. He has the Nike money as well as all the Nike swag for his players - there is an inherent advantage there. Good players produce good results and he had them in past few years.

I would love to hear from all those who on the chat room and game thread who were saying that Altman outcoached KO in the second half. I thought the go at them with one on one from the PG/SG position was key - Oregon does not have the quickness at either position to handle UConn's guards. And all the bithcin about the lack of assists - who was hitting from the outside or looking to shoot from the outside and what big was really allowing themselves to be a target? - Not saying that is what I want to see every game but that style was suited fir the match-up vs Oregon

This was a very good win for this team - I think it will give them some confidence as well as a swagger. Do I expect a victory after midnite vs. MSU? No But I expect we will see a much more energized step than the one we would have seen vs DePaul and the one we saw most of last year.

Agree - the way it looked to me - was KO out coached him! Tough one tonight!

C

Chief00

Pretty flawed logic then. Our undermanned team played them close in a year when they had the best team they’ve had in the modern era. This year’s Oregon is nowhere near as good, and this year’s UConn is better, even if just by virtue of depth.
He had to explain to the local media - what happened to Oregon. It’s like if the AAC MBB tournament is in Hartford and UConn loses to what is thought to be a weak team early. It’s the crazy Jeff Jacob’s emotional way to view the sport - but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do...

Reaction Score
I am a UConn Fan. I don't need validation from a coach we just brat. His pain makes me happy. I hope we leave about 30 more coaches in a similar mood this year.

Reaction Score
I lost some respect for Dana Altman watching that video, no credit given to UConn at all, they just all played poorly and shot poorly and didn't execute their offense and even mentioned the free throw advantage for us in the FIRST HALF without mentioning their huge second half advantage until they started fouling us intentionally in the last 30 seconds

what a crybaby

But there is one thing I absolutely loved about all his excuses, it reminded me of the 25 years of excuses I heard about our opponent having "bad days on offense". This team can play defense, and the guards can disrupt our opponent on offense much like Bazz and Boat did in the 2014 post season. Of course, that's going to take consistent effort, but they have potential

PS: Memo to Dana, UConn is better than you, and UConn beat you, and UConn's defense chewed you up and spit you out. Deal with it
Ha ha lost
I lost some respect for Dana Altman watching that video, no credit given to UConn at all, they just all played poorly and shot poorly and didn't execute their offense and even mentioned the free throw advantage for us in the FIRST HALF without mentioning their huge second half advantage until they started fouling us intentionally in the last 30 seconds

what a crybaby

But there is one thing I absolutely loved about all his excuses, it reminded me of the 25 years of excuses I heard about our opponent having "bad days on offense". This team can play defense, and the guards can disrupt our opponent on offense much like Bazz and Boat did in the 2014 post season. Of course, that's going to take consistent effort, but they have potential

PS: Memo to Dana, UConn is better than you, and UConn beat you, and UConn's defense chewed you up and spit you out. Deal with it

Haha, glad you lost respect! I never had any for that empty of rings fingered . He worked the refs all game, hoping for an advantage and he got it. The refs did their best to keep Oregon playing in Oregon tonight against someone other than DePaul bwahahahaha! This team we have is legitimate. I started off the night by telling my compadres that all I wanted was a 1 point win here and an under 10 pt. Loss to State. I never hope for any kind of loss, but I’m ready for the uptick back to the top to begin and it did last night. Keep in mind we shout terribly from the free throw line when we got there, shot poorly from 3, played a brand of basketball that likely won’t be what we settle for, but overcame some odds, I won’t call them great odds because we are flat out 15-20 points better than that band of joke merrymen. My thought process for the scenario was that if we could get those results out West in a November then we would be a beast in February and March. Make no mistake we are deep very deep. Cobb didn’t play, Polley and Carlton going to keep getting better, Whaley is nice but green, but our Adams, Gilbert, Vitals, Larrier, Anderson guard collection is a problem for the rest of our opponents. Onuorah plays hard but not sold, Williams no clue, but I’m stoked. LET’s GO!! Now I’m thinking that Izzo , who knows damn well not to overlook us better come up with a pretty good plan because now I think we have a good shot to beat their asses! My Son said wouldn’t it be great to go into NYC. December 5th, 8-0? It’s pissible, but so far this year the BONEYARD which I am grateful to be a part of just has to be pumped because we really didn’t know until last night! That Oregon coach is a flat out POS for not recognizing as KO famously reminded a reporter in 2014 during the NCAA tournament: “WE AIN’T NO CINDERELLA WE UCONN”!!!!!! So my fellow yarders, put your seatbelts on, take a power nappy nap and let’s go Farty on Sparty!!! ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
LETS GO HUSKIES LETS GO HUSKIES LETS GO HUSKIES LETS GO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom