Oregon and Washington In Big Ten Officially | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon and Washington In Big Ten Officially

Reaction Score
I mean. PAC-12 has disintegrated. Big 12 can just take who they want now. ACC should go to 16 as well.

Right now 4 power conferences.

What programs are left out assuming asu, az and Utah to big 12?

Former BCS schools left out:

UConn
Stanford
OSU
Cal
Wash State
USF

G5 wannabes
Memphis
East Carolina
Temple
Boise State
Sdsu
Fresno state

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

... and there it is..
Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This move generates chaos, which may work well for us. All of UCONN's strengths are still in play. Perhaps the large size of the B1G motivates the Big XII to expand to 20, which would mean we are in (Colorado, AZ, ASU, Utah, UCONN, and another PAC school)

Reaction Score
As a Nebraska fan (sitting in downtown Omaha as I write this)- I hate it.
Nebraska football is now at risk of getting completely buried in the Big Ten. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, and USC all above the Huskers in the pecking order.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nebraska football is now at risk of getting completely buried in the Big Ten. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, and USC all above the Huskers in the pecking order.
Gotta win some football games or it will get bleak fast.

Reaction Score
Rose Bowl matchups now take a turn to the potentially very weird.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

U-dub seriously needs a good financial advisor. Did they think they'd never need to pay down the principal? If yes, why didn't they just enter into an interest only note (especially as a few years back rates were historically low)?

Having financial difficulty due to principal payments kicking in at a future date is complete lack of foresight.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Rose Bowl matchups now take a turn to the potentially very weird.
Yeah, it will be kind of like the Orange Bowl (1980?) when Nebraska played Oklahoma after the two schools finished the season against each other five weeks earlier.

Reaction Score
Welp. Just came back from a funeral and see this. We are done aren't we?

Reaction Score
This move generates chaos, which may work well for us. All of UCONN's strengths are still in play. Perhaps the large size of the B1G motivates the Big XII to expand to 20, which would mean we are in (Colorado, AZ, ASU, Utah, UCONN, and another PAC school)
Why would Big 10 and Big 12 want to overload their conferences with so many west coast schools? Are they not now national conferences?There’s a reason that the PAC is folding. Take 3 or 4 and add UConn.

Reaction Score
The insane addition of UCF by the Big 12 looks more and more insane as all of this unfolds.
it's a toehold into Florida with a large school that's sustained success over multiple coaching regimes. Really no other choice if the desire was to get into the Florida market.

Reaction Score
That's what makes no sense about this consolidation to 2 or 3 super duper power conferences. Teams that traditionally were winners are going to lose. Nebraska has had 6 losing seasons, mostly with very negative records, in a row. How much longer will they sell out Memorial Stadium if that continues? As it is, the actual gate count on a cold but clear day for last year's Wisconsin- Nebraska game was about 46K, meaning nearly 40,000 empty seats in a giant stadium. There are reports they are looking at a stadium renovation that will significantly reduce capacity. One would think TV interest is also falling with each losing season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's a toehold into Florida with a large school that's sustained success over multiple coaching regimes. Really no other choice if the desire was to get into the Florida market.
We heard the same exact thing about USF years ago. UCF is a huge school but it's basically an online school. No matter how hard they try and polish that turd it's still a turd.

Reaction Score
We heard the same exact thing about USF years ago. UCF is a huge school but it's basically an online school. No matter how hard they try and polish that turd it's still a turd.
perhaps? But it's a gateway into Florida that makes more sense than the other available options and there's been sustained success athletically.

Reaction Score
I think it's bad for the future of all College sports.
Traditions and regionality mean absolutely nothing
My analogy is Dr Seuss ( I know I am old) The Lorax. Pretty soon all the trees will be cut down and we will wonder what happened to the forest of a once vibrant landscape.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I think it's bad for the future of all College sports.
Traditions and regionality mean absolutely nothing
My analogy is Dr Seuss ( I know I am old) The Lorax. Pretty soon all the trees will be cut down and we will wonder what happened to the forest of a once vibrant landscape.
I'm thinking it will be closer to Soylent Green

Reaction Score
That's what makes no sense about this consolidation to 2 or 3 super duper power conferences. Teams that traditionally were winners are going to lose. Nebraska has had 6 losing seasons, mostly with very negative records, in a row. How much longer will they sell out Memorial Stadium if that continues? As it is, the actual gate count on a cold but clear day for last year's Wisconsin- Nebraska game was about 46K, meaning nearly 40,000 empty seats in a giant stadium. There are reports they are looking at a stadium renovation that will significantly reduce capacity. One would think TV interest is also falling with each losing season.
Bingo, it's like they haven't thought any of this stuff through.

And now people are talking about them getting rid of the tournament and starting their own tournament or their own version of the NBA playoffs with a bunch of cr@ppy teams in their conferences and leave out Duke, UConn, UNC, Nova, Gonzaga, Memphis, Stanford, Georgetown, UVA, Xavier, Louisville, Syracuse, Marquette, Creighton etc.

How does any of this make any sense?

Reaction Score

And now people are talking about them getting rid of the tournament and starting their own tournament or their own version of the NBA playoffs with a bunch of cr@ppy teams in their conferences and leave out Duke, UConn, UNC, Nova, Gonzaga, Memphis, Stanford, Georgetown, UVA, Xavier, Louisville, Syracuse, Marquette, Creighton etc.

Because if it makes them 1 penny richer on their balance sheet, they do not care.

Reaction Score

ACC should have grabbed all the BE football schools when they had the chance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom