Open Practice | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Open Practice

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
White team beating the blue team multiple times is pretty fascinating. Sounds like Andre was the best player at practice..

Reaction Score
Any word on AJ’s 3 PT% in the scrimmages? Looks like he’s knocking them down. I’m wondering at what rate.

Reaction Score
It's going to be really hard to keep him off the court with all the things he can do, if he's hitting threes it's going to be impossible to keep him off the court.

Andre with a decent 3 point shot has CPOY potential. Especially if he dials in on defense. Maybe not this year considering how disjointed his first year was... but junior season--look out.

Reaction Score
Overall disappointing night for starters in blue. DH at one point said it best "Blue you're old and stale like a gross stale bagel." Cole was a non factor throughout and didn't attempt anything outside. Sanogo struggled finishing but not a big concern, needs to improve on passing out of doubles and post in general to take next step(also was non-factor in rebounding). Polley made most of his shots but didn't take many. Andre Jackson looked outstanding, great facilitator and looks improved from outside. Based Off scrimmage I'd much rather him with the ball than Cole facilitating offense. Freshman looked all around very good, Samson both in his shooting and athleticism. Floyd looked very confident even down low against bigs. Hawkins forced shots but overall looked solid. Diggins looked comfortable as well and fit in within offense. Many questions linger especially who is the guy with ball in his hands to take last shot. Future looks very bright....
PG- Floyd
SG- Hawkins
SF- Jackson/Karabn
PF- Samson
C- Sanogo/Clingan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some other general takeaways:

-I really liked how Gaffney pushed the pace off of defensive rebounds, looking for fast break opportunities
-Diggins looked really good especially considering he’s apparently missed a bunch of time with a bum knee. Looked comfy and in control running offense most of the time and also played pretty good tight 3/4 court D
-Whaley looked strong on D (no surprise) but was very quiet on offense
-AJ was a beast on D, pushed pace well, made some really great dishes in the paint that were mishandled by the receiver at times
-Sanogo is gonna be a handful for opponents

Reaction Score
White team beating the blue team multiple times is pretty fascinating. Sounds like Andre was the best player at practice..
This team has so much depth that it's not really too surprising. Also, the white team had the more athletic team.

Reaction Score
Andre with a decent 3 point shot has CPOY potential. Especially if he dials in on defense. Maybe not this year considering how disjointed his first year was... but junior season--look out.
It sounds crazy when you look at his nonexistent stats but his athleticism and vision is uncommon. Once the shooting/scoring clicks for him everyone is going to have to watch out. It's really cool when you see it happen for a talented player where it clicks/the light bulb turns on. Hoping it happens this year and earlier rather than later, he has the talent to change the entire outlook for this team.

Reaction Score
It's going to be really hard to keep him off the court with all the things he can do, if he's hitting threes it's going to be impossible to keep him off the court.
I think the only thing that keeps him off the floor is his propensity to foul. If he plays better D with his feet this year, his talent and size are so impressive that he’ll greatly impact the game, whether he’s draining jumpers or not.

Reaction Score
Any word on AJ’s 3 PT% in the scrimmages? Looks like he’s knocking them down. I’m wondering at what rate.
I wasn’t tallying, so just a guesstimate here.

Over the course of entire practice (some 5v5 live, the rest during various drills), I would estimate he hit something like 30-35% on maybe ~15 shots.

Reaction Score
When you run your offense through your big and he hits 7-15 while the other team is making 3's you lose. Sanogo should not be the main offensive feature.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

pterodactyl is a phenomenal nickname.

Hope this team isn’t so deep and balanced that it makes figuring out roles and a rotation impossible ala 2011.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom