ONO - AAC player of the week | The Boneyard

ONO - AAC player of the week

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1574125327246.png

Reaction Score
Congrats on the first of many, I am sure. ESPN college player of the week is the next step! Huge improvement from last year.
Well deserved. While I have commented on several areas of growth, I don't believe UConn would have won 2 of the first 3 games without ONO's offensive and particularly defensive contributions.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To paraphrase Geno, the best thing about Liv right now is, “She’s the worst she’ll ever be.”

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think we all wondered what sort of sophomore leap we'd see from Olivia. She appears stronger, more confident, better shooting touch, and really locked in defensively. Even tho she still tomahawk chops on blocks, her timing and eye on the ball is good enough that she doesn't touch the player and therefore is avoiding fouls.

She seems to be everywhere on defense. A tremendous eraser when teammates get beat off the dribble. And her passing - holy cow. Haven't seen passing like that from a center since Stef, and Olivia is only a young sophomore!! She's averaging just about 13 PPG and 12 RPG. Really really good. And she's 2nd on the entire team in assists - behind only Anna.

I know the coaches will continue to work with her, but everyone should be really pleased with the growth. So glad we get to watch this young lady for 3 more years!!!

Reaction Score
Congrats on the first of many, I am sure. ESPN college player of the week is the next step! Huge improvement from last year.
That is a pretty big deal, considering the pool of talent in the US.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Congrats to Liv. Her biggest improvement is not stated here. She is Averaging 36mins/game and has only committed 8 personal fouls in three games so far this season. That is 1 foul for every 13.5 minutes played this season compared to 1 foul for every 7.5 minutes last year. Not sure why Megan Walker didn't get this award though, IMO Megan had a better week.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Liv. Her biggest improvement is not stated here. She is Averaging 36mins/game and has only committed 8 personal fouls in three games so far this season. That is 1 foul for every 13.5 minutes played this season compared to 1 foul for every 7.5 minutes last year. Not sure why Megan Walker didn't get this award though, IMO Megan had a better week.

If you count the week as (CAL, Vanderbilt) then MW probably had the better week, but if you count it as (Vanderbilt, Temple), I would go with ONO. I think the award was for the second case. Either way, they both had a very good week.

Reaction Score
I think we all wondered what sort of sophomore leap we'd see from Olivia. She appears stronger, more confident, better shooting touch, and really locked in defensively. Even tho she still tomahawk chops on blocks, her timing and eye on the ball is good enough that she doesn't touch the player and therefore is avoiding fouls.

She seems to be everywhere on defense. A tremendous eraser when teammates get beat off the dribble. And her passing - holy cow. Haven't seen passing like that from a center since Stef, and Olivia is only a young sophomore!! She's averaging just about 13 PPG and 12 RPG. Really really good. And she's 2nd on the entire team in assists - behind only Anna.

I know the coaches will continue to work with her, but everyone should be really pleased with the growth. So glad we get to watch this young lady for 3 more years!!!
And one of the things that really impresses me is that every minute she's on the floor, she never takes a play off. She's 100% involved. Like Collier, you either have that will or you don't.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

A HUGE improvement from last year. Just think how much more she will improve by this time next year after playing STARTER'S minutes all year. She has a much better idea of what she's doing now. She'll be where Megan is now. She'll be very hard to guard next year. I expect her fg% to increase dramatically. She'll be another year older, a little stronger (heavier), and more experienced. And the best thing is she will have lost that "tomahawk" somewhere along the way. :cool:

I remind everyone once again that I am the self appointed president of the Olivia Nelson-Ododa Fan Club.
Let there be no doubt as to my support for ONO (and the rest of our girls) :)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Are there voting results attached to these awards? A link?

Would be interesting to see who was in the running.

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think this is what you are looking for.

Thanks. Hhhm. Meg did not even make the honor role? :confused:

Maybe, since we are leaving the AAC, our players will have to fight some extra resentment to win some of these awards? I know. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom