Only 1 Walk On? | The Boneyard

Only 1 Walk On?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why? I recall having 3-5 playable walk ons in the past

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why? I recall having 3-5 playable walk ons in the past
Matt Garry was in a walking boot on Wednesday. Saw him on campus Thursday limping. Only one available today (Temi)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Garry was walking around in a boot earlier this week.

Reaction Score
Assuming Sid out don't we need to just pull a big guy off street for the 5 fouls before the Houston game? How do play a good team with only Whaley and JC inside.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How tall is Gary? Any football players available? All hands on deck!

Reaction Score
Didn't they hold a tryout for guards during the season a while back and a French kid (forgot his name) was put on the team?

Reaction Score
A typical basketball team roster includes 12 players. However, the actual roster size is often at the discretion of the coaching staff and may be significantly smaller or larger, depending on the level of play and rules set forth by the governing body of the league.

In college, the NCAA does not enforce roster size at the Division I level, though there is a limit of 13 scholarship players per school at once, with no limit on the number of walk-ons.

we have 12 scholarship players, limited 1that dates back to the KO penalty (I think).

Would enjoy at least 1 more walk-on to get the roster up to 15.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We also had another walk-on from France by the name of Predrag Matteric. I think he was on the team in 95-96 and wore #44 but never played in a game, despite being there all season.

Reaction Score
Frankly, if you went into the season with only ten scholarship players and two walk ons, if the coaches didn't already know who they would call if injuries occurred they were malpracticing. Given showing up for a game with 8 bodies happened today, they apparently did malpractice. It would be nuts to not add two or three bodies at this point. You can't add Diarra, but you can add football players or any good high school player you can find that you could use in an emergency.

Reaction Score
Frankly, if you went into the season with only ten scholarship players and two walk ons, if the coaches didn't already know who they would call if injuries occurred they were malpracticing. Given showing up for a game with 8 bodies happened today, they apparently did malpractice. It would be nuts to not add two or three bodies at this point. You can't add Diarra, but you can add football players or any good high school player you can find that you could use in an emergency.
Give us a 300lb linebacker to just clog the middle and tackle people when they come into the lane

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom