OT: - Old UConn videos on Youtube | The Boneyard

OT: Old UConn videos on Youtube

Reaction Score
Not sure if OT or not, but I've noticed older UConn videos don't seem to be very clear on Youtube. Is it maybe the laptop that I'm using? It's a pretty recent Dell. Or, do videos degrade over time? I just assumed that when content goes on Youtube that it becomes digitized. Wouldn't it last without issues then?

I was looking at the UConn Washington NCAA tourney game where Hamilton scored at the last second ("Hamilton! Hamilton!") and it is pretty poor quality. Actually, I just looked and found same game but different video and it is better. But that first video is pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Not sure if OT or not, but I've noticed older UConn videos don't seem to be very clear on Youtube. Is it maybe the laptop that I'm using? It's a pretty recent Dell. Or, do videos degrade over time? I just assumed that when content goes on Youtube that it becomes digitized. Wouldn't it last without issues then?

I was looking at the UConn Washington NCAA tourney game where Hamilton scored at the last second ("Hamilton! Hamilton!") and it is pretty poor quality. Actually, I just looked and found same game but different video and it is better. But that first video is pretty bad.
Some of it is that the video wasn't recorded in high definition to begin with. Actual television broadcasts were then, we just forget.

Reaction Score
Some of it is that the video wasn't recorded in high definition to begin with. Actual television broadcasts were then, we just forget.
You mean weren't*

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Typically, vids more than 5 or 6 years old were both broadcast and recorded at lower resolution than current standards.

Reaction Score
Actually to us they were high def, could see player numbers, basketball nets and all the action without guessing. Didn't have a large TV, and still could follow the action the same as today. Of course we had no other options.

Nowadays however, the new hi-def makes the old look prehistoric and unfortunately unwatchable.

Just saying, my old 100 pound Sony TV was a glorious treat when watching UConn games and especially HBO boxing back in the day.

Reaction Score
I used to have a page for a huge library of old UConn basketball games, was it @tcf15 's page? I subscribed to him on YouTube but I don't see the year by year stuff that I used to have on that link. Can anyone help with that?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I wish I could inject the 89-90 Huskymania season into my veins. But I settle for YouTube.

Reaction Score
I used to have a page for a huge library of old UConn basketball games, was it @tcf15 's page? I subscribed to him on YouTube but I don't see the year by year stuff that I used to have on that link. Can anyone help with that?
Look up top here on the Boneyard under tcf's stuff.

Reaction Score
I wish I could inject the 89-90 Huskymania season into my veins. But I settle for YouTube.
I recently watched our game at Providence from 1990 on Uconnhuskygames.com. That was one great defensive team. If I ever get back into coaching that is the team I would study. It was like they had 6 defensive players every possession

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Look at the top menu of this forum.

1659033991379.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom