Olander appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Olander appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I came here just to make this thread. I've ragged on him all year but he was a beast today, he really showed the skills that he has but has been unable to translate to game play for the most part. Knocked down his jumpers and showed good post moves in the paint, which I've always felt he's had dating back to his freshmen year. Also, kudos to KO for believing in TO, TO had a mismatch downlow and he made it a point of emphasis to the guards to feed him the ball. Given the way TO has played this season not alot of coaches would've done that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Two threads going. But he was a beast!

Reaction Score
Would like to see more of that. Hope it's a confidence booster that he can be effective in this league.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Big game TO needed. Hopefully he woke up today and can keep it going; if there's one thing he's consistent at it's being inconsistent

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really like how we kept going to him when he was on a roll. Made me smile to see such great execution.

Reaction Score
We beat a very good team. Great job Tyler, and the entire team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Very happy to see this and the other thread on the same subject. A most satisfying win. ND is good and did not play poorly, but was beaten by a well-coached team, and TO today was everything his detractors have complained about him not being. Give this team room to grow before your eyes. So glad I planned my afternoon around watching.

Reaction Score
I really like how we kept going to him when he was on a roll. Made me smile to see such great execution.
The announcer made a terrific point about that. Olander had the mismatch against Scott, and - like NBA teams typically do - UConn kept exploiting it until Notre Dame was forced to switch lineups.

Me thinks Ollie picked up a few things playing for 27 coaches in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Great game for TO. He played really well on both ends. 16 and 8 with 2 blocks. No W today without a great job by TO.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
thank you Tyler, keep it up

Reaction Score
The announcer made a terrific point about that. Olander had the mismatch against Scott, and - like NBA teams typically do - UConn kept exploiting it until Notre Dame was forced to switch lineups.

Me thinks Ollie picked up a few things playing for 27 coaches in the NBA.

YES, it seems all too often in the college game a big will have a smaller guy in the post and never get the ball. Not the case today with TO.

Reaction Score
Hand's down TO's best game of his career. If he can play half as good as he did today, this team is going to win a lot of games. I hope he keeps it up and that EW continues to improve and play with more consistency.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well our front court players have performed this season, especially on the boards the past 2 games.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
YES, it seems all too often in the college game a big will have a smaller guy in the post and never get the ball. Not the case today with TO.

And good for KO to keep working to develop Tyler, give him opportunities, then ride him for as long as it would go. Tyler seemed to find his balance today...very impressive the way he stayed confident and focused

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And good for KO to keep working to develop Tyler, give him opportunities, then ride him for as long as it would go. Tyler seemed to find his balance today...very impressive the way he stayed confident and focused
What I like about KO is he recognized TO's problems are confidence and a kid who gets down on himself too easily. Hence he put TO back as a starter even though EW had outplayed TO the last several games. That, too me, says KO is not only a coach that understands bb, but a coach who understands people.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Great game by TO. And, as others have mentioned, great job by KO making the offense run through TO. Exploited the mismatch and great execution by TO!

Great rebounding all-around today as well.

If we can rebound hard and have ours bigs combine for any offense to go along with our terrific guard play we're tough to beat. Tonight it was TO, other nights it was Wolf... we just need SOMETHING out of the 4/5 spot.

I don't understand how we can't get 1 highly-reated big man recruit that would want to play the 4 or 5 in our system. The guards attract so much attention and the 4/5 is our team's glaring weakness. I would think it should be an attractive situation to be in.

I like how KO has utilized what we've had to work with so far this year. Can't wait to see what he can assemble with better pieces around our talented guards.

Reaction Score
In a game where guard play was a wash (numbers wise) it's both refreshing and surprising to have our front court be the difference. TO showed out today and could be sign of things to come. Wolf and Olander progressing nicely. Who's charged with that turnabout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom