OL Matt Peart to the N.Y. Giants (Round 3 - #99) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OL Matt Peart to the N.Y. Giants (Round 3 - #99)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not that anyone cares about the AAC at this point, but Peart was 6th AAC guy to get picked - all were in 3rd round - and 2nd OT from AAC after Houston's Josh Jones (#72). Not a single AAC pick in first two.

Congrats to Peart on a fine UConn career and wishes for success at the next level.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
As a big blue fan I couldn't be happier for Matt. While agonizing over the football team for the last few season one player stood out play after play and game after game and that was Matt. Congratulations and best of luck!!

Reaction Score
Do Giants see Peart as a LT or RT? Solder is one year and then done.
I just wonder where The Georgia tackle plays and assume Peart will be the other side.

Reaction Score
As A Patriots fan, its hard seeing these Huskies go to rival teams... But im happy that Peart is in a position where he could become a long term starter. Cant wait to see how NFL training treats him.

Reaction Score
Do Giants see Peart as a LT or RT? Solder is one year and then done.
I just wonder where The Georgia tackle plays and assume Peart will be the other side.

The prevailing wisdom seems to be that Thomas is starting RT on day 1, and they try to make Peart the LT after Solder is gone.

Reaction Score
The prevailing wisdom seems to be that Thomas is starting RT on day 1, and they try to make Peart the LT after Solder is gone.

Prevailing wisdom based on what?

Reaction Score
You know, the so-called experts. Mainly media reports.

Ok, haven't seen much on it. If I'm not mistaken, Peart started college at LT before moving to RT and Thomas went the other way from RT to LT.

I'm confident they'll both get a shot regardless of where on the line then end up.

Reaction Score
If Thomas isn’t a LT, why even draft him? I don’t know how much more difficult the blind side is, but a No. 4 pick should be a LT. I just don’t want to see Solder at LT. Put Solder at RT for 2020. Peart steps in 2021 at RT.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Thomas isn’t a LT, why even draft him? I don’t know how much more difficult the blind side is, but a No. 4 pick should be a LT. I just don’t want to see Solder at LT. Put Solder at RT for 2020. Peart steps in 2021 at RT.

Agree you don't draft an RT at #4.

Reaction Score

because it’s the Giants, and nothing they do makes sense.

Reaction Score
Peart needs to get a hell of a lot stronger and clean up his technique or he is going to get absolutely dominated in the NFL!

Reaction Score
Thomas is a left Tackle, he should start there right away, move Nate Solder over to the right side for a year, while Peart starts the year on the practice squad, he will be coached up by Marc Columbo the new coaching staff looks like they have more of a clue then the past regime time will tell.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully another Will Beatty minus the back issues, good for Matt and the Gmen

Reaction Score
Peart needs to get a hell of a lot stronger and clean up his technique or he is going to get absolutely dominated in the NFL!
This is a bad year to be a rookie as there is limited contact with the team, coaches and teammates.

That said, did you watch the Senior Bowl? He performed as well as any college lineman. Matt is not nearly as far away as may of the talent evaluators say. He has to learn a new system. That will be his biggest challenge. I suspect he will get many snaps in the preseason and get a little work in the regular season as well.

He is still only 22, he will not benefit from NFL strength conditioning and diet. And he will grow and get stronger naturally as he ages. But even if forced to play early, I doubt he will get absolutely dominated.

Reaction Score
Peart had a great Senior Bowl. Has the potential to be an anchor on the Giants offensive line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom