Ok Lets move on what does it take to beat Stanford | The Boneyard

Ok Lets move on what does it take to beat Stanford

Reaction Score
1 .Does Paige still have her cape ready.
2. Will we adjust to Stanford playing I Big and 4 guards with the same and Keep one of our bigs ready for foul trouble. Or will they adjust to us playing 2 bigs.
3. Will Geno play more Caroline in our 4 guard offense or Evina. I guess it depends who plays well?
4. Who will Nika pester when she get in the game Hailey Jones, Anna Wilson
5. How does Liv match up against Brink?
6. Who guards Lacey Hull
7. Can we outscore them in a run a gun battle or can we out defense them?
8 Will will still count on our guards for most our offense?
9.What type of defense do we play to beat them?
10. Any other topics please jump in

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Piath will come to Minnesota with the team, as we may need her if we get in a desperate situation with our Bigs. Just having that extra body to fill in if they get into foul trouble will help immensely, if just to be in the way to block the hoop. With no Dorka, we need another body.

Reaction Score
Stanford is sooo tough. However, They have games when they can't hit outside shots and Haley Jones has games where she struggles a lot offensively. I'm a huge fan but she's not a scorer per se, even though she's their go to player. But they are a really good team. Liv would seemingly match up well with Brink, an inch taller, a bit longer arms, just as fiery. But Brink just seems to find ways to score randomly.
I do think Paige can have a similar performance to last night. She's been hooping for about a month now, so it kind of make sense she's starting to find a rthym. I was super impressed with Azzi last night and her ability to get to the basket. I wonder if they will put Anna Wilson on her.
Id love to see more CD, just cause of her versatility. Obviously, EW came back because of unfinished business so I'd love for her to have some big moments on Friday as well.
In any event the keys to me r defending the three point line, getting Azzi good looks, and then defending Haley Jones during crunch time. She has a Candace Parker I can do anything and get anywhere on the court type vibe that I'm not exactly thrilled that we're matched up against. I think Stanford is super confident

Reaction Score
AE and ONO simply have to stay out of foul trouble. If they have to sit for an extended period of time then Brink will take over. Who guards Jones and Hull? Christyn will be given one, and Azzi is a better defender then she looks but presume Nika will maybe get more than 8 minutes and try and tighten it up defensively. When our bigs are in foul trouble and now with Dorka out E came in and played the 4 a bit, so she could have a big role coming up.

Reaction Score
Stanford is sooo tough. However, They have games when they can't hit outside shots and Haley Jones has games where she struggles a lot offensively. I'm a huge fan but she's not a scorer per se, even though she's their go to player. But they are a really good team. Liv would seemingly match up well with Brink, an inch taller, a bit longer arms, just as fiery. But Brink just seems to find ways to score randomly.
I do think Paige can have a similar performance to last night. She's been hooping for about a month now, so it kind of make sense she's starting to find a rthym. I was super impressed with Azzi last night and her ability to get to the basket. I wonder if they will put Anna Wilson on her.
Id love to see more CD, just cause of her versatility. Obviously, EW came back because of unfinished business so I'd love for her to have some big moments on Friday as well.
In any event the keys to me r defending the three point line, getting Azzi good looks, and then defending Haley Jones during crunch time. She has a Candace Parker I can do anything and get anywhere on the court type vibe that I'm not exactly thrilled that we're matched up against. I think Stanford is super confident
Exactly how I feel about them. Jones is a playmaker more than a scorer but she does get a bucket when they need it. She smart and knows how to get fouled at the very least. She also has games where she is completely off and a non factor. Aubrey would help a lot here. We don’t necessarily have anyone but Aubrey who matches up well with her. Caroline may be because she has the size and foot speed. Jones is probably not definitely too fast for our bigs and too big for out guards. Hull has been on fire too. She’s aggressive as hell and we need to make her a priority. If we stop those two, then I think we win. If they get theirs and then some, then we need another special performance from Paige. We can beat them but they are very well put together. Gonna be epic.

Reaction Score
There is not enough difference in talent between many of the top teams in WCBB anymore so it will always be an any given night thing. While Stanford is probably the better team, they are not that much better that it would take too much to beat them. The Hall sisters have not been hot lately, so UConn needs to hope it stays that way. If they get hot the odds become very slim for UConn. Ultimately it depends on who is hot and who is not.

Reaction Score
The Team needs to maintain its composure as it did in the NC State game. In addition, the Team needs to make, at least, 15 3's from a diverse number of shooters, becareful not to get into foul trouble, and defend like crazy making Stanford earn every basket.

Reaction Score
Our guards are in for a tall task against Stanford's. Stanford has the size, but if Cameron Brink finds herself in foul trouble, Liv and Aaliyah will be battling an undersized Fran Belibi, and Ashten Prechtel who isn't a traditional post-player. This game can honestly go either way and I'm excited nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Piath will come to Minnesota with the team, as we may need her if we get in a desperate situation with our Bigs. Just having that extra body to fill in if they get into foul trouble will help immensely, if just to be in the way to block the hoop. With no Dorka, we need another body.
That’s who I haven’t seen, where is she? have they mentioned why she hasn’t been with the team

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
For UCONN to win they need Williams/Fudd to knock down open shots, Bueckers to continue to hunt her mid range pullups and for ONO/Edwards to avoid foul trouble and crash the boards hard. Also need to beat out Hull and Co. for loose balls. If they can do that I think UCONN wins. Defensively bait Brink with perimeter looks, she's a lot more effective on the block than she is 15-20 feet from the basket.

For Stanford, the key is to dominate the glass and having Jones hunt her shots. Support players Wilson/Lacie Hull wont score much, but they need to knock down open looks. Defensively their ability to slow down UCONN's guards will be crucial. Brink also needs to stay on the floor defensively for Stanford to be at their best. She's an eraser inside and will allow Stanford's guards to pressure UCONN's on the perimeter. I think it'll be a very competitive game.

Reaction Score
The Huskies will have to play at their best for 40 minutes to win Friday night. If they don't, they will have a very steep hill to climb to get to the final game. No room for error now.

Reaction Score
Exactly how I feel about them. Jones is a playmaker more than a scorer but she does get a bucket when they need it. She smart and knows how to get fouled at the very least. She also has games where she is completely off and a non factor. Aubrey would help a lot here. We don’t necessarily have anyone but Aubrey who matches up well with her. Caroline may be because she has the size and foot speed. Jones is probably not definitely too fast for our bigs and too big for out guards. Hull has been on fire too. She’s aggressive as hell and we need to make her a priority. If we stop those two, then I think we win. If they get theirs and then some, then we need another special performance from Paige. We can beat them but they are very well put together. Gonna be epic.
Aubrey? Who are you talking about???

Reaction Score
Y’all are rising on how we can match up with Stanford. But how they match up with us? I can see the bigs, but how they stop Paige, Azzi and Christyn? I see a big match up advantage here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom