Less then 30sec left in OT Number 2 goin down

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ohio St by 8 in OT Number 2 goes down

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OSU 100-92 in OT.....before a huge crowd in Columbus...second loss for Iowa...first was 2 months
ago against Kansas State. Clark...45 points.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This was one of the first games that the refs actually did a good job with the foul calls. They didn't protect Clark like I've seen in some of the Big 10 games. Didn't like it at the end where the fans rushed the court, someone could have gotten hurt. Got to give it up to Kevin he did a good job coaching. In overtime the only player that scored for Iowa was Clark, while Ohio State had 4 different players score.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only watched the last 4 min of regulation, plus overtime. Remember that kid, McMahon, well from last year. She is a beast, and only a soph. Easy one of top 5 players in the nation! Great win, Clark is super, but Ohio State's defense was very porous!

Reaction Score
A great game to watch on National TV. a good game for WBB. It was a very exciting game with Clark doing Clark things (45 points) but the POG was McMahon. Strength, dexterity, feel for the ball, great rebounding. Very impressive!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This was one of the first games that the refs actually did a good job with the foul calls. They didn't protect Clark like I've seen in some of the Big 10 games. Didn't like it at the end where the fans rushed the court, someone could have gotten hurt. Got to give it up to Kevin he did a good job coaching. In overtime the only player that scored for Iowa was Clark, while Ohio State had 4 different players score.
I was in another thread posting, and wondering how Clark got 16 attempts, as that seems like a lot. The disparity of 17-9 pts in overtime was a bit of a surprise.

Reaction Score
IMO the refs were too active and inconsistent. 47 fouls, many of them “touch fouls” does not make for a good game. But both teams had their chances down the stretch and OSU converted. Wonderful crowd in the arena as well.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What the heck is wrong with people? That fan didn’t even stop to make sure Caitlin is OK. (She is. She was in the press room after the game and said she just got the wind knocked out of her)

Some idiot with their phone raised high in the air to record the event. Not watching where they are going. Phones have caused more injuries than any modern device.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
IMO the refs were too active and inconsistent. 47 fouls, many of them “touch fouls” does not make for a good game. But both teams had their chances down the stretch and OSU converted. Wonderful crowd in the arena as well.
What I was talking about doing good on the foul calls is they called the game evenly, not one sided like they have done in previous games that Iowa was playing.
Clearly two people not watching where they are going in that clip.
Only one person should have been on that court and it wasn't the guy with the phone. I think the Big 10 should fine OSU for the fans action after the game. There should be no fans on the court until at least the opposing team has left. They are lucky that Clark wasn't seriously injured.

Reaction Score
Only one person should have been on that court and it wasn't the guy with the phone. I think the Big 10 should fine OSU for the fans action after the game. There should be no fans on the court until at least the opposing team has left. They are lucky that Clark wasn't seriously injured.
Do you want fans to get excited about women's basketball or not? There have been court and field stormings for generations in the men's game and football. That one was very mild.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Do you want fans to get excited about women's basketball or not? There have been court and field stormings for generations in the men's game and football. That one was very mild.
Rarely will a fan storming a court in the men's game or football game outweigh the person. The guy that ran into Clark was a good 50 lbs heavier and running full speed. Like I stated earlier they need to put a stop to it for the safety of the players.

Reaction Score
Rarely will a fan storming a court in the men's game or football game outweigh the person. The guy that ran into Clark was a good 50 lbs heavier and running full speed. Like I stated earlier they need to put a stop to it for the safety of the players.
It was a man? The X video was not very clear, but it looked like a woman no taller than Clark. She was knocked down too. Is there other video that makes it clearer?

Reaction Score
not one sided like they have done in previous games that Iowa was playing.
I have watched virtually all of Iowa's games this year and I just haven't been left with the impression that Iowa has benefited from one-sided refereeing. Unquestionably players such as Caitlin (and Paige) will get more calls, but your statement is just not representative of what neutral fans would recall.

Reaction Score
She hoisted 53 or their 91 shots - pretty typical she has been running just over 50% of all of their shots this year. Even with better refereeing she went to line for 16 foul shots- wow.

Reaction Score
It was a man? The X video was not very clear, but it looked like a woman no taller than Clark. She was knocked down too. Is there other video that makes it clearer?
Ahhh, the deepest cut of all for that Buckeye fan: not only will he/she likely get "called on the carpet" in some way, the millions who have seen his/her action aren't sure what gender he/she is. No matter, it just goes to show both men and women can act non-sensibly.

I'm glad Caitlin came out of it apparently uninjured.

Good call on your prediction of an Ohio State win, Bone Dog. Cotie McMahon was really impressive, yet IMO it was the play of Jacy Sheldon over the final three quarters-plus that really got the Buckeyes back in the game.

We can look forward to lots more exciting basketball in the Big Ten over the next five weeks or so.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They can get excited in the stands. This country's history is rife with dumb traditions that should be left in the past.

Reaction Score
She hoisted 53 or their 91 shots - pretty typical she has been running just over 50% of all of their shots this year. Even with better refereeing she went to line for 16 foul shots- wow.
Excuse me, Big Fan, who is 'she?'

My best bet is you mean Caitlin Clark... if so, your arithmetic is somewhat off target. Including her 16 free throws, Caitlin 'hoisted' 41 of Iowa's 92 shots today, and just 25 of the Hawkeyes' 65 field goal attempts.

For the season, Big Fan, she's averaging 34 percent of Iowa's shots. To me, for a player averaging about 32 points per game, that's not an outrageous number.

Reaction Score
I have watched virtually all of Iowa's games this year and I just haven't been left with the impression that Iowa has benefited from one-sided refereeing. Unquestionably players such as Caitlin (and Paige) will get more calls, but your statement is just not representative of what neutral fans would recall.
Ok, I'm watching a replay of the game now and while the reffing appears to be pretty reasonable, in the final minute of the 1st quarter I saw a ridiculous touch foul out near the logo called against Caitlin's defender. It's just one call, but there's no way that gets called if it's not Caitlin -- not even Paige. Sorry, @The deacon. It's not like these calls happen all the time. But even just a few of them can "set a tone" for a game that becomes an unfair advantage. I'll be watching to see if this continues or is isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom