Officially Official | The Boneyard

Officially Official

Reaction Score
Let’s hope our strong b-ball programs can help with our football scheduling. Great move for b-ball and I’m excited for that. Overall, I think in 20 years we might look back at this as one of the worst decisions ever made by UConn, but only time will tell if this was a good or bad move.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This will really nail down her next president's job.

Reaction Score
Let’s hope our strong b-ball programs can help with our football scheduling. Great move for b-ball and I’m excited for that. Overall, I think in 20 years we might look back at this as one of the worst decisions ever made by UConn, but only time will tell if this was a good or bad move.
[/QUOTE

I'm of the mind that in 20 years, this will turn out to be one of the shrewdest moves UConn has ever, or will ever, make regarding its athletic programs...including football.

Reaction Score
20 years from now football will probably be 8 v. 8 flag football.

Reaction Score
20 years from now football will probably be 8 v. 8 flag football.

Let’s hope this is the case. Obviously less kids playing football with all the head injuries reported, but it’s going to be a long time before the sport is totally changed I think. I think I said it in previous threads, but football drives the bus now but things change. Let’s hope 20 years from now b-ball is driving the bus.

Reaction Score

Kind of still to admit you made a mistake from the start. Oh well not my money. I feel bad for the taxpayers but happy that that UConn is coming home where they should have never left for basketball.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Kind of still to admit you made a mistake from the start. Oh well not my money. I feel bad for the taxpayers but happy that that UConn is coming home where they should have never left for basketball.

UConn (and Cincinnati/USF) received way more in Big East naming rights than the entry fee/exit fee will cost.

I believe the UConn total was roughly $30M.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This was one of the least dramatic departures in realignment history. No one tried to talk us out of it, there were not emergency meetings of presidents, just a quote from Navy's AD, and that was that. I think everyone knew this was coming for a while. That may be why the AAC gave up the Tier 3 so easily (we weren't going to be around for it anyway), and why we will probably have to pay $10 million to leave.

Reaction Score
This has got to be viewed as a stepping stone and not a final destination. When that next press conference comes, hopefully in a few short years, I'll gladly admit that this was the right move.

I would very generally disagree, but this is fair

Reaction Score
Let’s hope this is the case. Obviously less kids playing football with all the head injuries reported, but it’s going to be a long time before the sport is totally changed I think. I think I said it in previous threads, but football drives the bus now but things change. Let’s hope 20 years from now b-ball is driving the bus.
Exactly, things change. Football is hurting a lot at the youth and high school level. It's already becoming a more regional/poorer sport and it will carry over to college and the pros eventually (signs are it's already happening.) It's impossible to ignore how completely screwed up in the head so many players are. It used to be all the older retired players but stories keep coming out with current players which are beyond shocking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom