Off the dribble | The Boneyard

Off the dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it me, or were they able to get in the lane at will off the dribble?

Reaction Score
and whoever DHam is guarding goes right by him with ease.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well, Melo Trimble does that to everyone but Gibbs had trouble with Sulamon

Melo Trimble will never, ever be Shabazz. But now I know how it feels to play against a guard with a similar ability to penetrate.

Reaction Score
Melo Trimble will never, ever be Shabazz. But now I know how it feels to play against a guard with a similar ability to penetrate.

Hate to say it as a soph he's pretty close. He does some things better, some not as much. It's close and if ever stays 4 I'm pretty sure it would be at least a stalemate. Just my thoughts but I guess he'd also have to win a couple titles and throw some serious daggers in big games huh?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hate to say it as a soph he's pretty close. He does some things better, some not as much. It's close and if ever stays 4 I'm pretty sure it would be at least a stalemate. Just my thoughts but I guess he'd also have to win a couple titles and throw some serious daggers in big games huh?

I think he'll be gone after this year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Looks good agree. Really good player, potentially not as good a college player as Bazz but potentially a better NBAer?

I hate myself for saying it but I definitely think Trimble will be the better NBA player unless Bazz steps his game up big-time.

Reaction Score
I hate myself for saying it but I definitely think Trimble will be the better NBA player unless Bazz steps his game up big-time.

Wanted you to answer before me LOL

Me too!;)

Reaction Score

You guys are high. Trimble is Marcus Williams v2. He's marginally athletic, has great vision, but gets soft foul calls in college and he lives on it. he shot 15 FTs today. Trimble is very marginal at next level.

I'm not comparing the two, just a note on Trimble.

Reaction Score
You guys are high. Trimble is Marcus Williams v2. He's marginally athletic, has great vision, but gets soft foul calls in college and he lives on it. he shot 15 FTs today. Trimble is very marginal at next level.

If I'm high you're on your way down looking for the needle once again!:eek: He shot 15 FT's because he's a marginal athlete? LOL

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Oh I forgot, the guy who wore the UConn jersey is automatically a better prospect. Right.

Reaction Score
Oh I forgot, the guy who wore the UConn jersey is automatically a better prospect. Right.

Did I say the UConn guy is a better prospect? I don't see that anywhere. Can you read?

Reaction Score
If I'm high you're on your way down looking for the needle once again!:eek: He shot 15 FT's because he's a marginal athlete? LOL

He got a bunch of fouls while dribbling, 3 or 4 flails near the rim off PnR. I was watching with a UMD grad, and he was telling me the entire game that Melos' greatest skill is drawing fouls.

If you look at Melo Trimble and you think he's successful because of athleticism, I don't know what to tell you. He's an exact clone of Marcus Williams.

Reaction Score
He got a bunch of fouls while dribbling, 3 or 4 flails near the rim off PnR. I was watching with a UMD grad, and he was telling me the entire game that Melos' greatest skill is drawing fouls.

If you look at Melo Trimble and you think he's successful because of athleticism, I don't know what to tell you. He's an exact clone of Marcus Williams.

He's not a dunking machine but he's so much quicker than Marcus Williams it's not close. Marcus had zero explosion this guy can get past people and to the rim, much better pro prospect - he can guard too.

Reaction Score
I agree but during the game Melo sure did remind me of Bazz last night. Its good Jaylen played against him so early in his career, because he now knows how an AA plays at Div. 1, on the big stage.

Trimble was toying with us last night and we couldn't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom