OT: - OBDII Scanner for iphones | The Boneyard

OT: OBDII Scanner for iphones

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I posted a question about apps a week ago, but didn't see any replies about OBDII scanners/apps for iPhones.

Anyone own one they'd recommend?

I own a Chevy Colorado if that matters.

Reaction Score
I posted a question about apps a week ago, but didn't see any replies about OBDII scanners/apps for iPhones.

Anyone own one they'd recommend?

I own a Chevy Colorado if that matters.
Lemur BlueDriver

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The document scanner in the notes app is my go-to

I took a picture of my truck, with it's hillbilly gun rack and off road tires, then created a Note, and scanned it as you suggest.

The output came back as "Redneck. "Big Redneck," to be more accurate.

Damn, that would have been a great username.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I got one. It’s semi useful. I did reply in the prior thread. Every auto parts store will do it for you. So it’s not really essential unless you are in the boonies.

You will need an app plus a unit that pugs in to your sensor as posted above. Make sure it works with all apps and download an app that works with all sensors. Some of them are proprietary.

Reaction Score
Waste of money if the vehicle is newer and has all the safety features like TPMS, ABS, VSC and so on. I bought a professional scanner on Amazon that was cheaper than a full blown pro scanner because it only comes with the software for one manufacturer. It is $10 to download additional manufacturers. It is a good deal for people with only 2 or 3 makes in their driveway. With the pro scanner you can get live data of every system in the car and reset and program just about all of them. It is the Autel Diaglink which is the DIY version of the MD802.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom