O.T. television theme songs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

O.T. television theme songs

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It's funny how TV theme songs can stick in the recesses of your mind. Whenever I visit Disneyland here in So Cal, and go to their "Fort Wilderness" attraction, this song always comes to mind. :)
It's also funny how we can remember the words to this song from 67 years ago, and the verses, yet can't remember where we left our car keys, or why we entered a room.

Reaction Score
Richard Rogers composed the theme and donated it to the show. I think Victory at Sea was the most powerful documentary ever made. My father was a Regular Navy pilot who flew big transport sea planes from Alameda and Hawaii across the Pacific.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Richard Rogers composed the theme and donated it to the show. I think Victory at Sea was the most powerful documentary ever made. My father was a Regular Navy pilot who flew big transport sea planes from Alameda and Hawaii across the Pacific.
My father never talked about the war, but watched Victory at Sea religiously. Later I found out he served with Army corp of engineers, carving landing strips out of the jungles of New Guinea, all while being strafed by Japanese Zeros.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not particularly musical but a real classic (known only to the old folks...).

Here are the short version and a link to a longer one with both the music and a program intro featuring Jack Webb as the star detective. Some may note a few differences between this (starting with black and white TV) and the old shows, criminals/crimes, and police of today. ;)

Dragnet Opening and Closing Theme 1951 - 1959 and 1967 - 1970

I first watched Dragnet in 1954 with a very young Jack Webb. His partner was played by Ben Alexander. They drove 1954 Fords.

Carnac

Reaction Score

OMG LC!! I haven’t seen a Clutch Cargo cartoon in over 60 years. You reached way way back for this one. :)

OK, here's one for you...............

This cartoon in the 1950's was only featured on 1 children's TV show in the greater Los Angeles area market. Sheriff John's Lunch Brigade on KTTV (now Fox11). It was a mid-day program that aired from 11:30 am -12:30pm.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Another one of my favorites......................Rocket J. Squirrel and his side kick Bullwinkle J. Moose.

Reaction Score
Going way, way back, are the theme songs for the Howdy Doody Show (which had the "peanut gallery" singing the theme); and, a really bizarre kids show, "The Buster Brown Show." with "pluck your magic twanger, Froggy" and "Andy's Gang."

How many of you remember watching those programs?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Going way, way back, are the theme songs for the Howdy Doody Show (which had the "peanut gallery" singing the theme); and, a really bizarre kids show, "The Buster Brown Show." with "pluck your magic twanger, Froggy" and "Andy's Gang."

How many of you remember watching those programs?
Who can forget the Peanut Gallery. I can't believe all those kids are older than me. ( I was born in 1947.) I don't believe very many people even had a TV in 1947.

Reaction Score
OMG LC!! I haven’t seen a Clutch Cargo cartoon in over 60 years. You reached way way back for this one. :)

OK, here's one for you...............

This cartoon in the 1950's was only featured on 1 children's TV show in the greater Los Angeles area market. Sheriff John's Lunch Brigade on KTTV (now Fox11). It was a mid-day program that aired from 11:30 am -12:30pm.
Interesting how memory works.
Here's one from the deepest recesses of mine. Not a theme song, per se, rather, an introduction. It still lingers there, inexplicably, after all these years.

Reaction Score
Another one of my favorites......................Rocket J. Squirrel and his side kick Bullwinkle J. Moose.

I just got a flashback,
6 foot metal munching mice !!!

On edit:
Now you've done it. I was involuntarily compelled to research more of R & B on the internet. An extremely satisfying endeavor that enveloped me in the warm glow of childhood memories, in times, long past.
For those who are interested:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom