NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend. | The Boneyard

NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Per Pitino “I told him, I’m going to give you these seats on one condition: You do not say anything to the officials. He’s a genius gas trader, and he’s got deep psychological problems with officials.”

Not sure what a "genius gas trader" is but I know some people with deep phycological problems with officials. Lol.!
You can't make this stuff up. :eek:

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
P.T. Barnum said "all publicity is good publicity." And Danny sure knows how to get ink.
This is what I think whenever he stirs it up out there. BE fans around the league should be thankful because he's certainly bringing in eyeballs (and NCAAT dollars).

Also, this league needs to establish these rivalries where every game is like a cage match like it was last night. People are seeking authenticity, and Hurley is as real as it gets. You're not getting anything like this with the tasteless box of mashed potatoes that is Neptune.

It's thrown around that Hurley's antics are a "bad look", but I'd rather have a bad look than no looks. It's 2024 afterall and even though the realignment doomsday clock is in it's 11th hr - Hurley rings the BE cash register every time he takes the floor or grabs the mic.

Reaction Score
No he shouldn’t. He’s a master troller and it’s fantastic.
He and Pittino are 2 of the best at it
And if a fan is truly a) on the court or where they shouldn’t be and b) unleashing a stream of profanities at a coach or player from a spot where they shouldn’t be in the first place and approaching a coach, then yeah, I have zero problem with Hurley “engaging” with them.

Reaction Score
Oscar Wilde said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." And Danny sure knows how to be talked about.

Reaction Score
Per Pitino “I told him, I’m going to give you these seats on one condition: You do not say anything to the officials. He’s a genius gas trader, and he’s got deep psychological problems with officials.”

Not sure what a "genius gas trader" is but I know some people with deep phycological problems with officials. Lol.!
You can't make this stuff up. :eek:

Pitino is a clown. He is an entertainer in addition to a superb coach. This guy is going to be giving the Big East quotes/headlines for a long time. So glad to have him around.

That's why I don't mind Hurley's antics either. Hurley is on his way to becoming a great all-around character/personality. Let's be honest - part of what makes College Basketball so much fun is these coaching personalities. The antics, the quotes, the drama, keeps everyone hooked between the games and draws the casual college basketball fan

Reaction Score
Pitino is a clown. He is an entertainer in addition to a superb coach. This guy is going to be giving the Big East quotes/headlines for a long time. So glad to have him around.

That's why I don't mind Hurley's antics either. Hurley is on his way to becoming a great all-around character/personality. Let's be honest - part of what makes College Basketball so much fun is these coaching personalities. The antics, the quotes, the drama, keeps everyone hooked between the games and draws the casual college basketball fan
Pitino is the perfect heel and St. John's is the perfect place for him. Hurley v. Pitino is going to be the best rivalry in the Big East and the best coaching matchup in the country the next few seasons. The on the court action is going to be great but it's the personalities and trolling that's going to take it to the next level.

Reaction Score
Pitino is the perfect heel and St. John's is the perfect place for him. Hurley v. Pitino is going to be the best rivalry in the Big East and the best coaching matchup in the country the next few seasons. The on the court action is going to be great but it's the personalities and trolling that's going to take it to the next level.
It’s like Jim Boeheim/John Thompson lite from the early days of the Big East.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That’s true. But it made for great entertainment.
It did.

And man, last night was so fun. Most of my work colleagues are in their 30s so all they know of the Big East is the 30 for 30 doc and old highlights. I had to explain to them that this is how the tournament was basically every year for as long as I could remember it (probably '84) until about the mid-'00s.

It made me miss 'Cuse, Pitt (I LOATHED Pitt fans) and even BC.

Hope the money was worth killing their hoops programs. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom