2024 Recruiting: - Nowell Stats Through 5 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nowell Stats Through 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm kinda liking this tall guard thing we got going. But Bazz, Boat, Kemba and Special K are all-time greats

I'll enjoy watching him too

Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell, Imhotep Institute (PA)
Ranked 39 in the 247Sports Composite (30 in the Top247)
31 min, 17pts (7-20 FG, 2-9 3pt, 1-2 FT), 5reb, 9ast, 3to, 1blk, 3stl (58-41 win over DeMatha)

Nowell had an uncharacteristically poor shooting night, but nonetheless had his fingerprints all over his team’s win. Leading a team full of young talent, he sets the tone with his extreme competitiveness, on both ends of the floor. He’s aggressive, physical, and challenges people on both ends of the floor. He’s also making notable strides with his ability to run a team, which will be important at his size as his game translates up levels.

Reaction Score
I don't watch highlight videos. And some are better hs players than others. That's why I watch games. There are a whole lotta highly ranked players who don't perform when it matters. Justin Edwards was a top-3 recruit and didn't put up #s like this at Imhotep last year.

For example, I'll post a similar thread in the next few days on Abraham and some of the feedback isn't cute.
What do you mean by that? That the kid isn't a UConn caliber player?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It sounds like we're set at PG next year if Diarra comes back, between him and Nowell. We may want to add someone in the portal that can handle a few minutes of running the point ala Cam Spencer but those two at the top should have us in good shape.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by that? That the kid isn't a UConn caliber player?

He's a UConn caliber player--we offered. I'm really trying to get 5 HS games in before I post anything, but I've watched 3 this year, probably 4 from last year and we have all of his AAU stats.

Short version: He's got solid defensive potential (though it isn't translating to steals or blocks), but no offensive skill that I see benefiting a top-10 team right now without multiple years of development. Nothing wrong with a project player, but we'll need to be patient before we see the reward.

I'll be happy to eat crow, just one guy's opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't remember any guard we've had that looked as strong, powerful and quick as AN.
Sure KEA weighed about the same, but he was a couple inches shorter, "pudgy" and not as quick and strong.
AN looks like he could be really special.

Reaction Score
I don't remember any guard we've had that looked as strong, powerful and quick as AN.
Sure KEA weighed about the same, but he was a couple inches shorter, "pudgy" and not as quick and strong.
AN looks like he could be really special.
Hoping for a Terry Rozier type player.

Reaction Score
He's a UConn caliber player--we offered. I'm really trying to get 5 HS games in before I post anything, but I've watched 3 this year, probably 4 from last year and we have all of his AAU stats.

Short version: He's got solid defensive potential (though it isn't translating to steals or blocks), but no offensive skill that I see benefiting a top-10 team right now without multiple years of development. Nothing wrong with a project player, but we'll need to be patient before we see the reward.

I'll be happy to eat crow, just one guy's opinion.

This is not really that different from what Luke Murray said the other day.

Reaction Score
He checks all the boxes:
Very solid handle
Strong drive to basket
A variety of perimeter shots making even step back
Good court vision
A dawg in defense

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Been following your scouting on recruits for a bit now. Analysis is always excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom