Now it's the women's turn! | The Boneyard

Now it's the women's turn!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
35 - 19 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

We have Paige and they don't.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Doing their best to blow it

good call.

IMG_4179.jpeg

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I was at the game. The women came out playing terrific defense - missed a ton of threes but otherwise getting baskets as needed. Held duke to 13 first half points and led by 10 at the half....but did not sub a single time until Edwards picked up her third foul midway through the second quarter and Ice Brady subbed her out for a couple minutes. Edwards started the second half and the lead stretched to 20 at one point, but she picked up her fourth and Brady played all the minutes Edwards didn't (about 15). Geno didn't use a single sub and it was clear that they were running on fumes in the final 6 or so minutes when Duke came back. Buekers is Buekers.

Can't see them winning with only 6 players; watched the USC- Baylor game as well and they are good - Juju Watkins is the real deal.

Still Final Four and Elite Eight - basketball capitol of the world.

Reaction Score
For the women, this is the "house money" part of their tournament. Proud of them for making it to the E8 with all the setbacks and injuries. I do wonder what could have been with a healthy team, but oh well.

Reaction Score
Beating Duke and reaching the elite 8 is a success for this squad and another year of injuries.

Their 5 losses are to teams at the elite 8 level so any further wins beyond Duke would be unexpected gravy.
Not their year or last few years because of injury but Paige is a special player. I want to see her take them as far as they can go. She can't do it by herself.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doing their best to blow it
Defend this comment as anything better than an unforced error.

What conceivable good could issue forth from this self-satisfied sarcasm that runs contrary to what I presume is your rooting interest?

I'm glad it didn't prove out.

If the team plays well on Monday, and makes it to the Final 4, I'll be delighted.

If the team's resources have been so reduced by injury that they cannot compete effectively for the full 40-minute game against USC, I'll be sad for (but fully accepting of) the loss, and still quite grateful for having followed the team's very challenging season.

Reaction Score
UConn women are favored over USC? You’re kidding right?
Watched USC a lot this year, if we play our game. We win. But the players looked off tonight and USC rebounds well, and we are limited there but a very evenly matched game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom