OT: - Nova v. Gtown | The Boneyard

OT: Nova v. Gtown

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is a negative thread, how do we keep it within 20?

Reaction Score
First let me just say that Nova will win.

But Honestly I feel like this is the kind of game Uconn will actually keep close for quite a bit and "only" lose by a respectable amount, say in the ballpark of 76-61 or something like that, maybe after being somewhat close at the under 12 or even under 8 in the second half.

It will make people have hope for the next game, but I think SMU is the team that will spank Uconn next, kind of how we expect Nova to.

Sigh.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
away games bring out the worst in Nova. This should be 30 at the half.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Why does this feel like category 5 Hurricane Nova is brewing and lurking in the ocean and UCONN is in the direct path of it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why does this feel like category 5 Hurricane Nova is brewing and lurking in the ocean and UCONN is in the direct path of it.

Watch Nova v. Gtown and you’ll understand. This is looking like a historic storm

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Watch Nova v. Gtown and you’ll understand. This is looking like a historic storm
From a college basketball fan's standpoint this is disappointing to see. "Should" be competitive but it's nowhere close. Georgetown has a history of success but it seems like yesteryear. How did Villanova, a perennial powerhouse, become so much better than the rest of the Big East and how did Georgetown and St. John's degrade to the point where they are now? 'Nova is up 37 points as I type this. Sad to say, but UConn kind of reminds me of Georgetown except the Huskies have 4 national championships while the Hoyas only have 1.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Classic. Spoken like some true reactionaries, huh?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Of the Wildcats' current 84 points (4:30 left to play), 51 of those are off 3-pointers. The Huskies are going to have to figure out a way to effectively guard the perimeter to be able to stay anywhere close on Saturday.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey at least it only costs like $60 to get in the door...they're practically giving the tickets away!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Yesterday we got the eggplant. Now Saturday we are about to get the watermelon. We can only hope Nova eases it in and has a little mercy.

Reaction Score
Oh- Im sure he recalls the post season disaster (im a Nova grad.. so, that game will remain described as a disaster)

Good to see Nova get Gillespie back from his broken hand. He will be a good player with a really good deep ahot for the Cats.

Reaction Score

I think with the right coaching in Nova's system Vital would be a 40% guy. He takes SO many bad shots but when he's squared up with a clean shooting pocket he's pretty good.

But the reality is that Wright and Ollie are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as coaches who have gotten the most out of their teams. Nova has damn good players, but they aren't exactly brimming with McDonald's all-Americans. It's been a lot about recruiting and developing players to thoroughly master the system. They've been the most disciplined, well-schooled program in the country and it hasn't been close. Their winning percentage speaks for itself over the last few years, but what impresses me the most is the fact that they just don't take games off. It's so easy for a college team to play down to their opponent, especially on the road against teams that are playing for their season. But they never trip up and stumble around against a mediocre opponent like we are this year. When they play a bad team they pound them.

Reaction Score
I think with the right coaching in Nova's system Vital would be a 40% guy. He takes SO many bad shots but when he's squared up with a clean shooting pocket he's pretty good.

But the reality is that Wright and Ollie are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as coaches who have gotten the most out of their teams. Nova has damn good players, but they aren't exactly brimming with McDonald's all-Americans. It's been a lot about recruiting and developing players to thoroughly master the system. They've been the most disciplined, well-schooled program in the country and it hasn't been close. Their winning percentage speaks for itself over the last few years, but what impresses me the most is the fact that they just don't take games off. It's so easy for a college team to play down to their opponent, especially on the road against teams that are playing for their season. But they never trip up and stumble around against a mediocre opponent like we are this year. When they play a bad team they pound them.

Yeah well said. His experience is first and foremost, but #1 is finding guys that fit his system and can learn, be coached to play within the system. Quite honestly on Saturday they will have the 5 smartest basketball players on the court most of the time and I only mean that in a basketball IQ sense. He recruits high IQ (skills also of course) basketball players no matter what size because he wants to know his kids will listen, learn and get better while also knowing when they take the court they are way ahead of the other team in that regard. Their defense is flawless at times, switching and rotating. Memphis took Jalen out of the game and they aren't close to what we will see on Saturday I'm afraid. Yeah Larrier may be back but the fact he can't handle or pass well enough will not make things any better vs these guys. Bridges will prove to him he needs to stay another year hope he gets that. The need for people who can pass and handle will be magnified in a huge way at noon Saturday.

Reaction Score
What’s amazing is that many fans will probably be happy with a 15 point loss.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yeah well said. His experience is first and foremost, but #1 is finding guys that fit his system and can learn, be coached to play within the system. Quite honestly on Saturday they will have the 5 smartest basketball players on the court most of the time and I only mean that in a basketball IQ sense. He recruits high IQ (skills also of course) basketball players no matter what size because he wants to know his kids will listen, learn and get better while also knowing when they take the court they are way ahead of the other team in that regard. Their defense is flawless at times, switching and rotating. Memphis took Jalen out of the game and they aren't close to what we will see on Saturday I'm afraid. Yeah Larrier may be back but the fact he can't handle or pass well enough will not make things any better vs these guys. Bridges will prove to him he needs to stay another year hope he gets that. The need for people who can pass and handle will be magnified in a huge way at noon Saturday.
I agree with both of you. You and champs got it right. I knew and it has been said that Wright was going to be a very good coach. I remember that back in the Okafor days. Close to Philly I was able to see our dogs play Nova when it was the Big East. The only change in Jay that see since those days is he is getting grey. Father Time has no mercy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom