Nova or UConn | The Boneyard

Nova or UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are tied in conference record almost half way through conference play. Both have probably 2-3 more losses than expected. Who has the better outlook for the rest of conference play and post season?
Nova has two wins against St John’s and two against Georgetown (who hasn’t won a league game in 2 years) and lost every other conference game. Case closed.

Reaction Score
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Nova all along had the promise of adding pieces throughout the season and getting better, with probably their 2 best players not starting the season. Cam Whitmore will continue to get better playing with the team, now as an established starter. Moore’s return is still questionable.

Head to head, we saw a close game at UConn. The return game in Philly should show a different team than visited UConn.

On the down side for Nova, the line-up is still with a guard that has very limited contributions and we seem slow to hand the team over to Armstrong at point guard.

Current standings vs preseason Big East coaches poll is an interesting benchmark half way through conference play.

1674322970763.png

Reaction Score
Nova has two wins against St John’s and two against Georgetown (who hasn’t won a league game in 2 years) and lost every other conference game. Case closed.
Wait, UConn just lost to St John’s…. And UConn and Nova have the same conference record.

Sounds like an open case with the result not predetermined.

Reaction Score
Nova all along had the promise of adding pieces throughout the season and getting better, with probably their 2 best players not starting the season. Cam Whitmore will continue to get better playing with the team, now as an established starter. Moore’s return is still questionable.

Head to head, we saw a close game at UConn. The return game in Philly should show a different team than visited UConn.

On the down side for Nova, the line-up is still with a guard that has very limited contributions and we seem slow to hand the team over to Armstrong at point guard.

Current standings vs preseason Big East coaches poll is an interesting benchmark half way through conference play.

View attachment 83282
As of today, Nova. We aren’t trending in the right direction. We are 1-5 and they are 3-3 over the last 6. Who we’ve played doesn’t really matter because we are losing to good teams and meh teams. We even struggled with Georgetown.

We have the better overall record but we aren’t playing any better than Nova, probably worse.

Reaction Score
Wait, UConn just lost to St John’s…. And UConn and Nova have the same conference record.

Sounds like an open case with the result not predetermined.
How are they head to head?

Reaction Score
We are tied in conference record almost half way through conference play. Both have probably 2-3 more losses than expected. Who has the better outlook for the rest of conference play and post season?
Serious question, do you not have a Nova board?

Long absence, you beat St. John's and now you're back here trolling.

Reaction Score
Serious question, do you not have a Nova board?

Long absence, you beat St. John's and now you're back here trolling.
Not trolling, and no long absence I don’t think!

Nova and UConn both seem challenged at the moment vs higher expectations. I don’t think the thread is that inflammatory…. The topic has the potential for intelligent discourse.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're disappointed at this point in time, but we're not Nova level disappointing

Nova's at a whole different level of disappointment. And Jay Wright is not walking through that door

We lost our legend 11 years ago. We're actually rebounding, they're just beginning their tailspin

Reaction Score
Not trolling, and no long absence I don’t think!

Nova and UConn both seem challenged at the moment vs higher expectations. I don’t think the thread is that inflammatory…. The topic has the potential for intelligent discourse.
So no Nova board?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You came to the Boneyard for intelligent discourse?
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco
Come for the intelligent discourse, stay for the bickering.

This board increasingly doesn't get who the trolls are; if they're sufficiently snippy or despairing, they just seem like posters who tell it like it is, and somebody builds on that.

To nobody in particular: if your post invites bad energy, there's no shortage of people who will accept the invitation and either contribute more or sprinkle it around elsewhere when they leave.

Reaction Score
Its a little difficult to take this seriously, the similar conference record is the only things these two teams have in common. I mean, stranger things have probably happened but Villanova is a .500 team 2/3rds of the way through the season and have zero wins against teams that will make the tournament. That isn't the least bit comparable to UConn's situation. Even scuffling lately, UConn's odds of making the tournament are very high. Nova would almost have to win out against a schedule that is more difficult than UConn's remaining schedule to get in. I mean sheesh, we're still #7 in the NET and you're #87. This isn't even close and it seems pretty clear cut that our prospects in the post season are much better since we're likely to get there and Nova is not. As far as the rest of the conference season is concerned, does it really matter if Nova turned it on and went 8-3 and UConn went say 6-4? We'd still be dancing and Nova would be staying home. I'm not sure I would lose much time worrying about Moore. Whether he comes back or not, he's not likely to be the same player as before the injury. All injuries are different but achilles seem to take much longer for the player to return to previous form, if ever. Again, each individual is different but when Akok came from a torn achilles he was a shell of his former self.

I sure don't think of you as a troll but the postseason aspect of your post is far-fetched enough such that it seems to have some trollishness to it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Zissou is fine. Been coming around here for a long time. I don't see him trolling.

Never got why people get their panties in a bunch about other teams fans posting.

Obviously those fans need to have thick skin coming on here, no problem with that. I post elsewhere and take a load of crap too. It's fine to dish it out, but if they can take it, they can stay ( in my book).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom