Nova getting annihilated by Butler | The Boneyard

Nova getting annihilated by Butler

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we get them again in the BET, we have to find a way to get Sanogo the ball inside. Golden is absolutely abusing Nova down low.

Reaction Score
Nova on the ropes right now. I expect one big counter punch to come.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I was just about to post this exact same title lol.
Why couldn’t we have gotten Nova on a bad day? sigh. It won’t affect Nova but the parity in this conference may be its undoing on selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Nova seems easy to beat if they aren't hitting 3s. This would be a bad loss for the conference and might cost Nova their 2 seed in the Tourney.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
chuckster with 17, so far. but youse knew that, amiright?
'a favorite of mine, since the very first moment that i saw him against us, is chuck harris, now being mentioned for all big east rookie team. playa. in the past few weeks, his stats are rocketing. not surprising, at all. in the past 2 games, he played 39 minutes in each. they play nova today, and im hoping he gets some d time against gilly. mebbe he can knock that guy back into the stands a couple of times, tho common sense would favor that veteran. hey chuck! don't leave ur feet!' 11 am, this morn.
5a3f5da29d030184bfd9bd3bd7d58db5.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we get them again in the BET, we have to find a way to get Sanogo the ball inside. Golden is absolutely abusing Nova down low.
Nova is obviously a really well coached team. They're great with their ball movement, three point shooting, and they score in the paint with backdowns from their guards and forwards but they have no shot blocking down low and they just aren't very athletic. When they aren't hitting threes they look really ordinary.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That is a terrible technical call. I am all for calling flops, but Villanova mowed the defender down there. It was inside the circle, but it doesn't mean that the Butler defender didn't get hammered. Maybe the refs should stand under the rim and see what happens when a 6'6, 220 pound 21 year old with 5% body fat barrels into them.

Reaction Score
Lol wasn’t someone in the 1st team BE thread saying Gillespie was talented or a good player?? Lol

Reaction Score
That is a terrible technical call. I am all for calling flops, but Villanova mowed the defender down there. It was inside the circle, but it doesn't mean that the Butler defender didn't get hammered. Maybe the refs should stand under the rim and see what happens when a 6'6, 220 pound 21 year old with 5% body fat barrels into them.
Wow that was a terrible call. Trying to let Nova back in the game?

Reaction Score
I hate charges in basketball but that flop call was ridiculous.

We just didn't play well against Nova. After a hot start they loaded up on Bouknight, he looked exhausted and we never really adjusted and missed a ton of open shots and Nova hit theirs in the second half. Gillespie was an awful matchup for Cole who usually shuts down point guards. He couldn't deal with Gillespie's backdowns and the refs letting him do whatever he wanted. If we face them again we need to push pace and get things inside, we're way more athletic than them.

Reaction Score
Would think Butler winning is good for us since we beat them twice.

No danger of Nova loss becoming a bad one obviously.

BET will be wide open.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate charges in basketball but that flop call was ridiculous.

We just didn't play well against Nova. After a hot start they loaded up on Bouknight, he looked exhausted and we never really adjusted and missed a ton of open shots and Nova hit theirs in the second half. Gillespie was an awful matchup for Cole who usually shuts down point guards. He couldn't deal with Gillespie's backdowns and the refs letting him do whatever he wanted. If we face them again we need to push pace and get things inside, we're way more athletic than them.

The team played well. Don't blame the players for that loss.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was just about to post this exact same title lol.
Why couldn’t we have gotten Nova on a bad day? sigh. It won’t affect Nova but the parity in this conference may be its undoing on selection Sunday.
We did get nova on a bad day. We were worse. We could’ve won that game, but bouks falls shook up him and rest of team. Nova in no way got our best shot, but in fairness we didn’t get theirs either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom