Notre Dame-Tennessee game preview | The Boneyard

Notre Dame-Tennessee game preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great job as usual!
One thing though, I think Allen's ppg is overstated. Her season high was 15...maybe 7.3?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wow! I can't believe what I just read. A fair and balanced analysis by DD of a game involving Tennessee. Good job and kudos for the restraint you've shown and for not piling on.

While I do tend to pile on at times, I believe I am mostly fair and balanced about the Tennessee teams performance.

But thanks for the compliment, I think.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn could very well get beat down badly in this game. It may wake them up. They have the talent and pieces to the puzzle to be good but lack basic fundamentals. There have been internal problems at Tenn for a while now. I expect to see the same Tenn team we saw the past few games and ND will feast on it. Tenn will be facing a much improve Texas A&M this week too. If Tenn loses both they could be out of the top 25 and the witch hunt will be in full gear.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Terrific Doggy,
I very much enjoyed reading it.
I look for Notre Dame to exceed your spread and for Tennessee to implode.
With fascinating repercussions I am unable to predict.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Terrific Doggy,
I very much enjoyed reading it.
I look for Notre Dame to exceed your spread and for Tennessee to implode.
With fascinating repercussions I am unable to predict.
Yeah, I woulda like that too...lol.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You're right ND hasn't played that tough of a schedule, but I still think they're the 2nd best team in the country. I think their experience in the Big East last year, is going to pay dividends in the ACC. Can't see them losing more then one conference game this year. I also like how balanced ND's scoring is and have at least three players that can score 20 plus points in any game. Predict a double digit win by ND. Depending on how the bracket is laid out, I'm seeing ND vs UConn for the National Title.

Reaction Score
I am going to make a rare prediction here, and say that tomorrow night, Tennessee fans will hail their heroes and celebrate a great showing.......

.............which still be a 14 point loss.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
What's the deal with Graves? I saw she came off the bench, but I heard that it was an injury thing. Is that still the story or is it something else?

Reaction Score
What's the deal with Graves? I saw she came off the bench, but I heard that it was an injury thing. Is that still the story or is it something else?
She had a calf injury but in their last game (Miss State) she played well and appeared injury free. Coach Elzy said that everyone is now 100%.

Reaction Score
I bet this forum has experienced a sudden increase in Tennessee fans, at least for one day.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
DD - well done!

I think this is going to be a very long night for Tennessee. Despite the height in the front line, they are not as good, as a unit, as ND and many other teams. Russell will get eaten alive by Achonwa.

Tennessee's guards are average at best and that is bad news when playing ND.

ND runs an offense very similar to us. And as we know, the read-option is very difficult to defend if you have the right pieces to make it work. ND has those pieces in place. Tennessee's defense is not that good from what I have seen.

Coaching wise - Muffett by a mile over Warlick.

I see Tennessee losing by at least 20.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice analysis and appreciated because I haven't watched any ND and little TN this season. Should be a fun game. I think Graves is the player most unhappy at the moment - she had a great USA summer on a well coached talented team and then came back to this. It is really hard for posts to excel if the guards are not playing well and looking to involve them.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the balanced analysis.

When I read about Tennessee crumbling, I think, That could be us a couple of years after Geno retires, before the new coach ramps it up again.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
DD, very nice work.... as always. Thanks

YOPB

Clicking like just for your avatar.

On topic: How does your 6'6 center not average 6 rpg? How? Is it a matter of not enough minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom