Who will win this game?

• Notre Dame

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: Orange win, on a 12-0 run to end. 81-69.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Syracuse is really good when they're using their size advantage and getting offensive boards and hitting open threes. Not so good when they're chucking up deep, contested threes.

.....and decision making. Why Kiara Lewis has the ball late in the game when she shoots 60% from the free throw line versus Tiana who shoots 80%. Not sure why she didnt bring the ball up every time under the 2 minute mark.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Come on, we need the @Plebe standard meme of MM here....
Do you mean THIS one...

Muffet-Animated.gif

Reaction Score
I love watching Cardoso, she is gonna be a good one.
I love Westbeld, but Cardoso has probably surpassed her for the lead in the ACC FOY race* with her last few weeks of play.

*I think Cochran and Van Lith are too similar statistically for either to have a strong case. They neutralize each other in the conversation, if you will. They are both starters on the #1 team in the country, so I think they’ll be just fine :)

Reaction Score
I love Westbeld, but Cardoso has probably surpassed her for the lead in the ACC FOY race* with her last few weeks of play.

*I think Cochran and Van Lith are too similar statistically for either to have a strong case. They neutralize each other in the conversation, if you will. They are both starters on the #1 team in the country, so I think they’ll be just fine :)
Its tough to choose from because there really are so many great players.

I have been very impressed with the freshmen class across the country this year.

Reaction Score
When did Cosgrove come back? I saw her play today and I can't remember last time she played. Now I will say putting her in the game in the last few minutes after she had sat on the bench all game was an interesting choice

Reaction Score
When did Cosgrove come back? I saw her play today and I can't remember last time she played. Now I will say putting her in the game in the last few minutes after she had sat on the bench all game was an interesting choice
She was allowed to start practicing the same day as Miles. So this Monday or Tuesday I believe she has been back practicing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This was her first game back.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
While a blown lead is nothing to cheer about, ND can feel good about competing against a solid team on the road. Great performance by Brunelle. If she can keep it up, her improvement and Miles’ addition could be big news for the Irish.

I agree. While this yet another late collapse for ND, this was a game I didn't really expect the Irish to win today.

Hopefully everyone keeps pushing through until they learn how to win these games.

There is a core of young players that can develop into a very good team over time.

Reaction Score
This was her first game back.

I thought they would maybe ease her back in. They put her in for the first time all day late in the game when the game was close but just a minute or two left. Does not seem like a great spot for her

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I thought they would maybe ease her back in. They put her in for the first time all day late in the game when the game was close but just a minute or two left. Does not seem like a great spot for her
Glad to have you back posting! In looking at the games left on the schedule, 2 Louisville games, NC State and Syracuse again are going to be tough. Add in FSU that’s 5 tough games and then a game against Pitt who could be a problem (beat Clemson twice but lost to Miami and VPI).
They mentioned this during the DePaul game today that Only 4 teams have a longer NCAAT streak than DePaul- Tenn, UConn, Stanford and ND. Last year, the streak for ND would have been broken and this year is not looking so good with those games remaining. It’s the actual game coaching that has my head scratching. I can see ND finishing anywhere from 11-10 to 8-12. Long story short, do you see this team earning an NCAAT bid?

Reaction Score
Glad to have you back posting! In looking at the games left on the schedule, 2 Louisville games, NC State and Syracuse again are going to be tough. Add in FSU that’s 5 tough games and then a game against Pitt who could be a problem (beat Clemson twice but lost to Miami and VPI).
They mentioned this during the DePaul game today that Only 4 teams have a longer NCAAT streak than DePaul- Tenn, UConn, Stanford and ND. Last year, the streak for ND would have been broken and this year is not looking so good with those games remaining. It’s the actual game coaching that has my head scratching. I can see ND finishing anywhere from 11-10 to 8-12. Long story short, do you see this team earning an NCAAT bid?
I don't see this year ND team earning NCAA bid. Helps to have Miles, Brunelle played maybe her best game in a while but there is something missing, maybe true low post presence and reliable defense.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Come on, we need the @Plebe standard meme of MM here....
Alas, I was gripping my steering wheel for an extended duration at the time that this outcome was decided and celebrated by good people the world over.

At this point Notre Dame may not even be among the top 5 teams from Catholic-affiliated institutions. Off the top of my head: DePaul, Gonzaga, Villanova and I'm sure others whose names escape me right now have remained strong and admirable even as "Touchdown Jesus" has become more like "Interception-Fumble-Penalty-Swearing Jesus."

Muffet-Animated.gif

Reaction Score
Alas, I was gripping my steering wheel for an extended duration at the time that this outcome was decided and celebrated by good people the world over.

At this point Notre Dame may not even be among the top 5 teams from Catholic-affiliated institutions. Off the top of my head: DePaul, Gonzaga, Villanova and I'm sure others whose names escape me right now have remained strong and admirable even as "Touchdown Jesus" has become more like "Interception-Fumble-Penalty-Swearing Jesus."

View attachment 64127

Marquette, Dayton, and even Seton Hall would be the other three in my Top 6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom