OT: - Notre Dame Football Fans | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame Football Fans

Reaction Score
With Freeman at the helm, a win on January 1st will do more for Notre Dame’s recruitment and momentum at this point than if Kelly was at the helm and him leaving for LSU.

Reaction Score
Fans of ND just walk around with a rain cloud over their head. I can’t take them seriously. Like when they tell me they have a shot against Bama that’s like a 1 year old telling me he’s gonna beat me up.

Reaction Score
With Freeman at the helm, a win on January 1st will do more for Notre Dame’s recruitment and momentum at this point than if Kelly was at the helm and him leaving for LSU.
I hate ND football, but their recruiting was top notch almost every year. Recruiting was not an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My father is an ND alumni and I grew up going to South Bend... What a terrible thing BK did, but on to new days. Freeman will be good, but can he manage this major program? I'm nervous, but we shall see.

Reaction Score
My father is an ND alumni and I grew up going to South Bend... What a terrible thing BK did, but on to new days. Freeman will be good, but can he manage this major program? I'm nervous, but we shall see.
What did he do that was so terrible??? What did I miss??? He left for a new job.

Reaction Score
Yeah that tower collapse situation was really messed up.

Reaction Score
What did he do that was so terrible??? What did I miss??? He left for a new jo
He left all his players before the playoffs/bowl games. ND could have made it if the cards fell for them, but they didn't. Regardless, it's a major snake move by BK, one of the worst in college football history.

Reaction Score
He left all his players before the playoffs/bowl games. ND could have made it if the cards fell for them, but they didn't. Regardless, it's a major snake move by BK, one of the worst in college football history.
Whatever involvement he had with the incident in which the student died in the scissor lift tower collapse during a high winds storm (50 mph+) is what I'll remember him for during his time there. No offense regarding your point about leaving his players before their big day, but this was the worst thing Kelly did while at ND IMO.

Reaction Score
What did he do that was so terrible??? What did I miss??? He left for a new job.
He left in a pretty terrible way though, coaches definitely leave but lying to recruits on a recruiting visit is bad. Only made worse by taking 2 assistants with you who have no idea you've already taken a new job and lying to their face about it

Reaction Score
He left Cincinnati the same way at 11-1 right before the Fiesta bowl for the ND job.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Kelly showing his true nature. Best of luck to HC Freeman. Irish will be fine.

Reaction Score
My parents are ND grads, and I lived in graduate family housing there as a kid. Brian Kelly leaving ND was the best thing that could have happened. Freeman will crush it there. Rumor is that Kelly's own daughter didn't even know he took the job. She's a senior at ND trying to finish up her last year and get her degree. Can't be easy for her. Him lying to recruits about it and making his assistant coaches look like fools led to not a single one of them following him to LSU. That clip of Kelly and his fake southern accent was priceless. What a .

Reaction Score
What was up with that stupid accent!?!? Embarrassing. Should’ve told LSU to wait until January 2 to make the announcement. But I hear the football recruitment signing timeline pressured him to leave now. Regardless, if Notre Dame gave him a penny more than LSU he still wouldn’t have stayed. He was here long enough, no ill will on my end. Time to turn the page.

Reaction Score
He left Cincinnati the same way at 11-1 right before the Fiesta bowl for the ND job.
Hey at least Eddie Edsal left us after the Fiesta Bowl, the #$()’jg bag.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What was up with that stupid accent!?!? Embarrassing. Should’ve told LSU to wait until January 2 to make the announcement. But I hear the football recruitment signing timeline pressured him to leave now. Regardless, if Notre Dame gave him a penny more than LSU he still wouldn’t have stayed. He was here long enough, no ill will on my end. Time to turn the page.

Yup. Recruiting is the reason the coaching carousel starts so early.

If the ncaa really wanted to fix it they could just move the timelines

Reaction Score
if Notre Dame gave him a penny more than LSU he still wouldn’t have stayed.
Reportedly never gave ND a chance to counter. Dude was making 7 mil a year at ND, not peanuts. Truthfully BK always had 1 foot out the door, he did interview with a NFL team a day after the national championship game in 2013.

Reaction Score
the most "holier than thou" fanbase out there. part of me wishes they made the playoffs just so to see them rolled by an sec team in most embarrassing fashion yet again

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I am completely at a loss as to why the NCAA doesn't figure out how to set up a schedule and procedures such that coaches cannot or have no reason to move before the postseason.

This is ridiculous. Everybody plays hard all year long to put them in a position to get into the playoffs or a bowl game, and then the schools and coaches end up playing this elaborate game of musical chairs at the players' and fans' expense.

Move the stupid recruiting timeline!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom