Notre Dame Fighting Irish 2023 Post-Season Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Fighting Irish 2023 Post-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Emma Risch, one of the two remaining Irish freshman for 2023, moves into her dormitory for summer session, accompanied by the Irish coaching staff. Hannah Hidalgo should be joining shortly. Cass Prosper, who signed in November 2022, played from December 2022 until the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tourney and is now classified as a sophomore athletically.

That's true dedication by the staff.
I couldnt imagine living in a dorm as a grown up! ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's true dedication by the staff.
I couldnt imagine living in a dorm as a grown up! ;)
I've stayed in that dorm for a class reunion...it's not bad :rolleyes:!
Actually, I'm always surprised that the entire coaching staff shows up to meet and greet the newbies: Mabrey will probably be her position coach and Ivey, of course, is the HC, but more of a "nice" that Coach Owens -- the post coach -- came along.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND recently offered Jacy Abii, a 15-year-old member of the Class of 2026. She's 6'1" from Plano Texas, plays for Liberty High School and Texas U Elite. ND, specifically assistant coach Charel Allen, has been going to a number of AAU events in which Abii has played.
Abii also made and played for the U.S.A. U-16 team in Mexico. Here's a link to her bio page from that event, which includes her stats and pictures.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND just offered #4 Hoopgurlz prospect (2026) McKenna Woliczko, the 6'2" wing who plays for Archbishop Mitty and, this June, the U.S.A. u-16 girls team. Apparently, her dad is an Irish fan.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
In-depth article -- including an interview -- from local publication on Olivia Miles, it indicates that Miles did have major surgery some 11 weeks (nearly three months) ago, but doesn't indicate exactly what for.

“I’m supposed to be cleared to run soon,” offered the 5-foot-10 Notre Dame All-America point guard, who still walks with a limp. “But as far as when I’ll be all the way back, I don’t even really know. It’s out of my hands. It’s up to my surgeon and my trainer.

Miles has been attending practices and observing all that goes on. She offers comments on incoming freshman Hannah Hidalgo, but has nothing but effusive comments for incoming grad transfer (from Fordham), Anna DeWolfe:

“Anna is actually the one who’s impressed me the most,” Miles said. “She just is so good, and I just love watching her play. She’s such a good 2 guard/1 guard. She really can do anything. She’s kind of small, but she uses her height so well. She’s so cerebral. Her mind works so fast on the court.

“She just understands spots and positions. She’s really impressive to me.”

Kudos to The Bench's RI Steve for posting this article.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
KK Bransford Fractures Tibia. Wearing Boot

Sophomore guard KK Bransford, according to her mother's Facebook account (thanks Murcer68 on the Bench) fractured some part of her tibia bone (the really long one in your lower leg)and is expected out for three months. She's currently sporting a boot.
Bransford joins Olivia Miles on the sideline. Miles is working her way back from knee surgery (of some sort).

Bransford jumped into the starting lineup in 2022-23 when Dara Mabrey suffered her own knee injury and stayed there through the NCAA's. While she helped Sonia Citron with lead guard duties, she's primarily an off-guard. She drives hard to the basket and has a solid mid-range game, plays aggressive and solid defense. Needs to extend her range but, overall, had a solid freshman year.

My gut is that Sonia Citron will slide to the #2 slot, while Cass Prosper will play wing (#3). Hannah Hidalgo will probably start as point guard, although Niele Ivey recruiting combo guard Anna DeWolfe from Fordham looks more prescient all the time. DeWolfe can play the #2 and fill in at point guard. Expect her to play both, while Citron will play off-guard and wing,

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND in Midst of Trip to Greece, Croatia

The ND Fighting Irish arrived in Athens for the Greek segment of their trip to Greece and Croatia and they hit the Parthenon.
The main reason for posting this is the picture of the team outside of the ruins: neither Olivia Miles (fourth from right in gray T-shirt) or KK Bransford (center in white top and powder blue shorts) are wearing braces and/or boots. Bransford was seen in a boot as recently as last week, so this is possible good news. And while rehab for Miles (as of yet unknown specific knee surgery), she's appeared more mobile in recent team videos.

Hannah Hidalgo (fourth from left), who just finished her stint with the U.S.A. U-19 team in Spain, went to South Bend, took a side trip to Chicago to see a Sky Game and is now back in Europe, as is Cassandre Prosper (2nd from right), who was in Spain with the Canadian National Team.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND, Illinois To Face Off in Washington D.C. in November

According to an ND press release (thanks El Kabong over at the Bench, "...the Irish will play Illinois on Nov. 18 in Washington D.C., as part of the second Citi Shamrock Classic (CSC). The game will tip off at Entertainment & Sports Arena, which is the home of the Washington Mystics, at 1 p.m. ET on NBC." ND played the initial Shamrock Classic vs. Cal in St. Louis last year.

This gives ND some more solid P5 competition after starting the season in Paris with South Carolina. Shauna Green has done a fine job at Illinois once she came over from Dayton. She's gootten some more tranfers (Shay Bollin from Duke) to join Kendall Bostic and Genesis Bryant. Cori Allen, one-time Irish player of interest, is there as a freshman.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
2023: A Very Good Year for Domer Guards in the WNBA

Jewell Loyd of Seattle Storm makes AP first team while Arike Ogunbowale of the Dallas Wings and Jackie Young of the Las Vegas Aces are named second team AP All-League Stars. Congrats to all three former Irish players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom