Not Off Topic: Remember Allison Feaster? | The Boneyard

Not Off Topic: Remember Allison Feaster?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Allison was a star in the Ivy League. She was much-recruited coming out of high school but had wanted an Ivy education so she went to Harvard. As a senior, she led her #16 seeded Harvard team over #1 seeded Stanford. Allison was a remarkable player.

After college she married former NC State player, and high school sweetheart, Danny Strong. They eventually had a child, a daughter named (drum roll) Sarah. Who is Sarah Strong? See below.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A Charlotte Sting (RIP) Legend ... was a running mate of Dawn Staley

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley
Andrea Stinson
Allison Feaster
Charlotte Smith
Vicky Bullet
Rhonda Mapps
RIP Sting :(

:( Somewhere around the house or in storage, I still have my Sting Towel...

Charlotte_Sting_1997-2003.png

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Among the baseline group I see Wes Moore and Jolette Law. I think I should know who is talking to Wes, but I can't place him.

Reaction Score
I read (somewhere?) that Ms. Sarah Strong has taken "unofficial visits" to
North Carolina State, North Carolina, Clemson, UCONN, and Harvard. So, thinking
of her U 18 Women's FIBA 3X3 teammates There some possibility that KK Arnold
could have a very ++ influence on her choice of colleges. That said, Mom's (Harvard) and
Dad's (North Carolina State) schools would seem to have the "edge. Sahara Williams is
a verbal commit to Oklahoma and Mikaylah Williams is a verbal commit to LSU. There is
that Boston Celtic connection with Mom and whether the young lady sees a WNBA career
in here future like MOM or the academic pedigree of a Harvard is an interesting choice. One can get a good
education at all these schools but I am hoping that her unofficial visit to UCONN is more
than a whim. I'm looking forward to some late nights of watching the FIBA 3X3 games from Hungary
later this month. Much success to TEAM USA and good wishes to Sarah. May she choose
the dream school of her choice! (Has she met the cute UCONN mascot yet ??). Go Huskies!

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
How ironic would it be if Tara tried to recruit Sarah?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Dang, I feel old! I met Allison at our apartment workout facility in Marina del Rey when I was working on project in the L.A. area, and she was a member of the Sparks. That was 1999-2000.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Dang, I feel old! I met Allison at our apartment workout facility in Marina del Rey when I was working on project in the L.A. area, and she was a member of the Sparks. That was 1999-2000.

You feel old? I still remember Feaster shredding the Cardinal apart like it was yesterday. Not a good night back then, haha.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t she in my 10th grade English class with Mrs. Fetzler?

Reaction Score
Allison is a SC prep legend. I remember watching her play at Chester High School when I was a kid. She was always a class act both on and off the court.

Reaction Score
You feel old? I still remember Feaster shredding the Cardinal apart like it was yesterday. Not a good night back then, haha.
1998. Allison had 35 points in that 71 to 67 shocker, she also had double double. In 1998 Allision was the Division I top scorer with 28.5 PPG. To continue in the same vein, Ms. Feaster was also the Ivy Leagues Women's Basketball Player of the Year for the third time in a row as well as the " rookie of the year" when she was a freshman. At that time there were only two
Ivy League Basketball players with career totals of over 2,000 points and over 1,000 rebounds. The only player was some
male player from Princeton by the name of William Bradley (Alias " Dollar Bill"). With this time of genetic pedigree
(Note that Sarah's Father Danny is 6'6"). I would not be surprised if Harvard accepts her. One report has Allision
now working for the .... Boston Celtics.!! But then again Boston, MA is closer to Storrs than any school in North
Carolina. So, I'm very much looking forward to watching Sarah in 18 3X3 Women's Basketball Championship
in Hungary later this month (with TEAM USA teammate KK Arnold!!) Go KK! Best Wishes to Sarah! and
Sahara W., and Mikaylah W.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
lawsonfeaster.jpg

I didn't know that they worked with the Celtics at the same time. This pic was taken during the Playoffs in May. Strong's mother went to a academically strong private school, and her father attended a school in the Triangle. Seems to me, a academically strong private school that is also located in the Triangle is the way for the young lady to go. :cool:

Reaction Score
View attachment 78083

I didn't know that they worked with the Celtics at the same time. This pic was taken during the Playoffs in May. Strong's mother went to a academically strong private school, and her father attended a school in the Triangle. Seems to me, a academically strong private school that is also located in the Triangle is the way for the young lady to go. :cool:
We will all be able to follow Sarah's story for a few years to come! Go USA Women's U 18 3X3 team!
I will see you all in Hungary later this month. Go Huskies! (KK Arnold and Future Huskie??, Sarah Strong ??)

Reaction Score
Just watched the Stanford game -- thanks for posting the link to it. The whole time, I was looking for similarities to her daughter's game. In general terms, Feaster is smooth and Strong is a bruiser. But that doesn't really catch it, I think. Feaster seems to have been very clever with her footwork and getting position under the glass. This enabled her to be competitive against taller opponents -- she wears out the Stanford bigs, even pushes them into foul trouble, even though she's giving up 3 inches or more to all of them. I think her daughter must have learned this same skill set from her mom, and it's why several of us have noticed her similarity to Aneesah Morrow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
View attachment 78083

:eek: I agree Shaw University would be a great choice should the Sarah & her family decide not to attend UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom