Not much to be encouraged about tonight | The Boneyard

Not much to be encouraged about tonight

Reaction Score
It's hard to expect much when you have grad transfers from Fordham and Cornell playing significant minutes along with a trio of three star freshman who have some tools but still can't take two dribbles in a row. To say Vital and especially Adams are swimming upstream surrounded by this personnel is an understatement. They're just very, very limited.

But another 20+ loss to another mediocre team is tough to stomach. Only so many of those can pile up before change is made. There are plenty of places where you can discuss whether that will happen or whether it should, but regardless of where you stand it's been a rough couple days for Kevin Ollie. I didn't expect us to win and I'm not shocked by the blowout, but I had hoped for a competitive game and I had hoped that Wednesday signified a step forward. More likely, this is just a young, limited team that will occasionally rise above the sum of its parts at home and get shredded away from home by anybody with a pulse.

The only hope I am holding out is for Larrier to return and lift the team up a level. We were playing decent basketball before he went down and adding another scorer to a limited offense, especially at the four, can open things up a lot. Jalen will be happy to have him back, certainly. I get the sense that we are a lot more equipped to handle his absence at home than we are on the road. Energy guys like Whaley and Polley can take you a long way in front of a home crowd. Away from home you need guys who can put the ball in the basket. We were a +8 in our last two road games with Larrier and a -52 without, all those games against teams of similar quality.

Two of the best defenses in the country on the schedule next week, so just what the doctor ordered. Hopefully Larrier can help us to victory against UCF on Wednesday so we at least feel like we have a prayer against Cincy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Down 8 or so with 5 min to go in the first half and the team completely checks out. So sad

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's hard to expect much when you have grad transfers from Fordham and Cornell playing significant minutes along with a trio of three star freshman who have some tools but still can't take two dribbles in a row. To say Vital and especially Adams are swimming upstream surrounded by this personnel is an understatement. They're just very, very limited.

But another 20+ loss to another mediocre team is tough to stomach. Only so many of those can pile up before change is made. There are plenty of places where you can discuss whether that will happen or whether it should, but regardless of where you stand it's been a rough couple days for Kevin Ollie. I didn't expect us to win and I'm not shocked by the blowout, but I had hoped for a competitive game and I had hoped that Wednesday signified a step forward. More likely, this is just a young, limited team that will occasionally rise above the sum of its parts at home and get shredded away from home by anybody with a pulse.

The only hope I am holding out is for Larrier to return and lift the team up a level. We were playing decent basketball before he went down and adding another scorer to a limited offense, especially at the four, can open things up a lot. Jalen will be happy to have him back, certainly. I get the sense that we are a lot more equipped to handle his absence at home than we are on the road. Energy guys like Whaley and Polley can take you a long way in front of a home crowd. Away from home you need guys who can put the ball in the basket. We were a +8 in our last two road games with Larrier and a -52 without, all those games against teams of similar quality.

Two of the best defenses in the country on the schedule next week, so just what the doctor ordered. Hopefully Larrier can help us to victory against UCF on Wednesday so we at least feel like we have a prayer against Cincy.

I think Larrier is out for UCF . Has that changed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom