Not much heard here about Rutgers | The Boneyard

Not much heard here about Rutgers

Reaction Score
and CViv lately. Could it be because they've only lost 1 game since Nov.( tight one against Iowa), are 16-4, and leading the Big 10? Winning the Rutger's way, with their defense. For one, I'm happy to see " over-the-hill" CViv hanging in there..

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Disagree. Check the consolidated "other teams" threads of various sorts, or games of the day threads.

Have seen the anticipated mentions of Rutgers. We are not a primary interest because our games have not been well televised and have, if anything, fallen in the same slots as other games of greater interest to the fans on this board. Even I, a tried and true RU fan, haven't really seen many of the games.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Check the consolidated "other teams" threads of various sorts, or games of the day threads.

Have seen the anticipated mentions of Rutgers. We are not a primary interest because our games have not been well televised and have, if anything, fallen in the same slots as other games of greater interest to the fans on this board. Even I, a tried and true RU fan, haven't really seen many of the games.

when Rutgers has been struggling you didn't have to go to "other teams" threads, whatever and wherever they are, to hear people here saying that CViv has lost it, the game has passed her by, and probably should retire.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You both realize that there is no love lost between UConn and Rutgers WCBB right?
As RU has been largely irrelevant for the past 8-10 years, us BYers are concerned about our other rivals-Tenn, ND, Maryland to name a few. CVS is 70 and is known more now as a transfer to school. Maybe the Davenport signing and her performing well could change the narrative as well as Morris correcting her behavior issues. Even still, her time for continued coaching is limited.
And, they do play a soft OOC schedule and are in poor P5 conference with no elite teams so what type of dialogue do you want on a UConn forum?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
and CViv lately. Could it be because they've only lost 1 game since Nov.( tight one against Iowa), are 16-4, and leading the Big 10? Winning the Rutger's way, with their defense. For one, I'm happy to see " over-the-hill" CViv hanging in there..
Or could it be that you are on a UConn board? Perhaps you mean to be posting on a Rutgers board?

(FWIW, as pointed out, there is a lot of discussion of other teams on the BY but it's kind of odd to go a UConn board and whine about the lack of coverage of another team. Very Rutgers, though. I can't think of another fanbase that is quite as needy.)

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Rutgers-Maryland game got a lot of play on this board (I believe it had its own separate thread, in fact). Rutgers' unexpected success in early Big Ten play has been mentioned and discussed often.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

I could envision a better opening statement to generate positive remarks regarding Rutgers, but I've noticed them and think Rutgers being relevant again is good for WCBB.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
when Rutgers has been struggling you didn't have to go to "other teams" threads, whatever and wherever they are, to hear people here saying that CViv has lost it, the game has passed her by, and probably should retire.
Just go to the Rutgers board. You can read all that there.

In general, and I read the Boneyard everyday, it has been years since Rutgers was an important subject. I don't remember long threads (here) about CVS, etc. On the RU board, yes.

And Nan has specifically and within the last week or so stressed that discussions of other teams need to be consolidated with each other. This is a UConn board and many of the fans, quite rightly, want more obvious coverage of the UConn team.

Reaction Score
NOT MUCH HEARD HEAR ABOUT UCONN......... ;)
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Rutgers Women's Basketball Forum

Then again not much about Rutgers either. A quick scroll takes one back months. I did try hard to find something, but out of five sites this had the most on the R women's team.

My hearts out to you boontonbomber but I need my fictional crying towel for troubles closer to home / UConn.

Reaction Score
Say what you may, you can’t help but admire CV and the manner she has made her place in WBB history in spite of personal trials that would strangle a lesser person. I am thrilled, even as a diehard UCONN WBB fan, to see her thriving once again. Knowing what she’s already survived, basketball is but a hiccup!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
NOT MUCH HEARD HEAR ABOUT UCONN.... ;)
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Rutgers Women's Basketball Forum

Then again not much about Rutgers either. A quick scroll takes one back months. I did try hard to find something, but out of five sites this had the most on the R women's team.

My hearts out to you boontonbomber but I need my fictional crying towel for troubles closer to home / UConn.

Because that’s not our main forum.

Reaction Score

...or something to the effect, CViv is busy making "Rutgers the Jewel of the BIG" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

I must say, Rutgers has been very impressive. Also, C Viv is one of my favorites...she's the defense DIVA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom