Not Developing or Not Identifying Talent? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Not Developing or Not Identifying Talent?

Reaction Score
ehhhh had injury history in high school, and got hurt again in his sophomore year. If you have a lottery projections in the draft and have been hurt twice in 3 years I think you got to take the money. At least, that's what an adult would do
Absolutely NOT. If you are an adult you prepare yourself for the next step. So when you take it, you are ready to take advantage of it. You act like he had some career ending injury, that was not the case. What put him in the G League wasn’t an injury but that he wasn’t prepared on or off the court. If you truly have confidence in Janes as Chief does, you take that extra year and go to the NBA prepared and mature.

Reaction Score
Absolutely NOT. If you are an adult you prepare yourself for the next step. So when you take it, you are ready to take advantage of it. You act like he had some career ending injury, that was not the case. What put him in the G League wasn’t an injury but that he wasn’t prepared on or off the court. If you truly have confidence in Janes as Chief does, you take that extra year and go to the NBA prepared and mature.
You are clueless. He's saying if he played another year and did have a career ending injury he would be screwed. Unless the almighty Chief would step in and pay him millions a year?! If you're guaranteed to be a lottery pick after your Sophomore season you jump at that chance but I wouldn't expect Chief to understand the thought behind that. His time in the NBA will come, its not like his careers over because he played in the G league. he performed well when playing in some real NBA games this season but I doubt you watched.

Reaction Score
You are clueless. He's saying if he played another year and did have a career ending injury he would be screwed. Unless the almighty Chief would step in and pay him millions a year?! If you're guaranteed to be a lottery pick after your Sophomore season you jump at that chance but I wouldn't expect Chief to understand the thought behind that. His time in the NBA will come, its not like his careers over because he played in the G league. he performed well when playing in some real NBA games this season but I doubt you watched.
Ever hear of insurance in the insurance capital of the world? Talk about clueless. It’s not like there are no options, and it’s not for everyone, but you’re just another know it all. Kris Dunn, the kid from New London went this route.

Reaction Score
Are you one of these people who stays in bed all day for fear of getting in your car and having an accident? You realize the school gets their star player insurance to cover the scenario you talked about. Now back to the real World. You need to get over the mythology that he performed well this season.

Reaction Score
Ever hear of insurance in the insurance capital of the world? Talk about clueless. It’s not like there are no options, and it’s not for everyone, but you’re just another know it all. Kris Dunn, the kid from New London went this route.
wtf are you even talking about? Went from just saying guy had injury history and was going to be a lottery pick, not its hard to pass that up. Kris Dunn's stock stayed the exact same, he got nothing more from staying at providence another year so not sure what your point there is. Instead there are countless examples of guys staying an extra year and either hurting their draft stock or getting injured, both of which messing up their future earnings. DeShaun Butler, Nerlens Noel, Melo Trimble, Grayson Allen after his sophomore year, Ivan Rabb, James Michael McAdoo, Marcus Paige, etc.

Reaction Score
Of course an idiotic response like this would come from you. So instead of entering the NBA draft knowing he's going to be lottery pick (his dream since his was a kid), being the 11th player drafted with his first contract of $20M, you suggest Bouk return to college for a year to risk injury and his draft stock plummeting because he can take our a $1M insurance policy if he has a career ending injury (A policy that is denied 80% of the time because insurers find a reason to deny the payment, for example an achilles wouldn't qualify when that is clearly a career altering injury). CLUELESS

Reaction Score
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner....biggest idiot on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Of course an idiotic response like this would come from you. So instead of entering the NBA draft knowing he's going to be lottery pick (his dream since his was a kid), being the 11th player drafted with his first contract of $20M, you suggest Bouk return to college for a year to risk injury and his draft stock plummeting because he can take our a $1M insurance policy if he has a career ending injury (A policy that is denied 80% of the time because insurers find a reason to deny the payment, for example an achilles wouldn't qualify when that is clearly a career altering injury). CLUELESS
Uh huh. Just paint the conversation to your agenda - typical. First, I said, it’s not for everyone - read. Get a buddy to sound out the big words for you. The other idiot said he had NO choice. He had other options plain and simple. The 20 million includes team options and he isn’t exactly heading in the right direction thus far as a lottery pick in the G league. Dunn absolutely raised his stock by staying. He was pegged in the teens to mid 20s. He went 3rd. For every player you name there, there are guys like Brice Johnson from NC that stayed and upped their stock. Main takeaway here is that you’re another blind faith, homer chump that can’t see both sides. I didn’t even say Bouknight made the right or wrong choice, I just said he had options.

Reaction Score
No because Bouknight was a clear level above, team changing player. NBA talent.

James leaving when he did, was really bad for him and terrible for the program. Where was the Adult in the room?
1650559036974.png

Reaction Score
Are you one of these people who stays in bed all day for fear of getting in your car and having an accident? You realize the school gets their star player insurance to cover the scenario you talked about. Now back to the real World. You need to get over the mythology that he performed well this season.
You really are shot Chief, starting to understand more and more why you refer to yourself in the third person.....

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There are FAR too many individuals in this thread who
a) take differing opinions much too personally, and
b) willingly resort to the argumentum ad hominem fallacy at the drop of a hat

Attachments

• R (4).jpeg
    R (4).jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 81
Reaction Score
Uh huh. Just paint the conversation to your agenda - typical. First, I said, it’s not for everyone - read. Get a buddy to sound out the big words for you. The other idiot said he had NO choice. He had other options plain and simple. The 20 million includes team options and he isn’t exactly heading in the right direction thus far as a lottery pick in the G league. Dunn absolutely raised his stock by staying. He was pegged in the teens to mid 20s. He went 3rd. For every player you name there, there are guys like Brice Johnson from NC that stayed and upped their stock. Main takeaway here is that you’re another blind faith, homer chump that can’t see both sides. I didn’t even say Bouknight made the right or wrong choice, I just said he had options.
Kris Dunn did not go 3rd....
Guys up their stock all the time...obviously thats the point of college, but when your stock is in the lottery range already it can only drop...if your stock is to be a second round pick there's a lot less to lose by coming back compared to a lottery pick with guaranteed millions. Brice Johnson is a completely different scenario than what we are talking about.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced Cheshire Cat is Chiefs burner account
1000%. People just talking and suddenly two guys start sounding off butthurt and tag teaming. People disagree with them politely and they both just talk down to whoever disagrees with them the whole time. Same thing with @WhereistheDove?

Reaction Score
1000%. People just talking and suddenly two guys start sounding off butthurt and tag teaming. People disagree with them politely and they both just talk down to whoever disagrees with them the whole time. Same thing with @WhereistheDove?
So “troll” and “idiot” and “worst poster” on the board comments are polite? Once again, another simpleton, biased remark. At least the last guy corrected me on Dunn’s pick at 5 vs 3, and tried to add some color. The rest just down arrow, eat more paste and crap their diaper.

Reaction Score
Nothing to contribute but up and down arrows. Get this guy a sandbox and some blocks to play with.
Can you get me the blocks that have the cute little animals on them. I already have the ones with the letters.

Reaction Score
You really are shot Chief, starting to understand more and more why you refer to yourself in the third person.....
Is @Chief00 still on here? He must have blocked me. Funny, I don't remember ever saying anything to him or blocking him.

Reaction Score
So “troll” and “idiot” and “worst poster” on the board comments are polite? Once again, another simpleton, biased remark. At least the last guy corrected me on Dunn’s pick at 5 vs 3, and tried to add some color. The rest just down arrow, eat more paste and crap their diaper.
...I am the guy that corrected you. I'm also the guy who hasn't called you any of those names...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Are claims on these policies really denied 80% of the time? Why does anyone buy them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom