Not bad for 7 guys. | The Boneyard

Not bad for 7 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have to be happy with this effort today. Under manned-but played tough and also played exceptional D in the second half.
Facey had a great game. DH had a great game and Boat looked a lot like Bazz out there.
As a UCONN fan you have to just tip your hat to the effort they displayed today- they left everything on the court and that's all you can ask from this young group of players.

Reaction Score
Great ball control; great job keeping the game plan going; horrible last 4.4 seconds.

Reaction Score
They needed 1 more bucket down the stretch. Cassell couldn't hit at all today and Brimah went up weak. DHam seemed to be less involved after getting the bloody nose. That said the kids fought hard - all of them. Great help D. Good to see them play better together today than the cluster against wv.

Reaction Score
Let's turn another thread into a S#$% show. I am proud of them.

Reaction Score
We Really can't run the offense through Brimah and Cassell late with the game on the line. Hamilton and Boat should have been taking every shot possible. Amazing how 4.4 seconds can ruin a weekend.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Both teams played 8 players. 7 players if you don't count Lubin or Ibeh, who both played <2 minutes.\

However, Texas was missing their best player. We were missing our 2nd/3rd best player.

Reaction Score
It was a great effort in the second half, made all the more impressive given how offensively challenged this team is.

On the positive side, I think Cassell probably got most of the foundation done on that hockey facility with his shooting today.

Reaction Score
I want DHam taking those stretch shots not Cassell.

Reaction Score
Let's turn another thread into a S#$% show. I am proud of them.
I think many fans are frustrated and 'hurt'. It was a great effort and game against a very good (and tall) team. I am upset that we lost a home game, not at the team, players or coaches. Fans have nothing to complain about these kids left it all on the court. Kid just hit a big shot, Shot happens.

Reaction Score
Long season and it'll be fun to watch these guys gel. Pray Boatright will be able to enjoy his season and not battle this injury

Reaction Score
I want DHam taking those stretch shots not Cassell.

I'm sure KO does, too, but Hamilton wasn't making himself available. Cassell was, so that's why Boat was going to him. After back-to-back possessions ended on misses by Cassell, Kara Lawson saw what was going on. She said Hamilton needed to assert himself and not "hide from the ball."

Hamilton is just a freshman and did get clobbered in the nose, so you can't get on him too much. I'm sure Ollie will tell him to be more assertive, and he'll learn.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
everyone looked pretty bad in the 2nd half except for Boat.
everyone, including Boat, looked Terrible in the last 5 minutes.

Tough Loss.
Calhoun and Purvis are needed back ASAP.

Reaction Score
Not bad at all and I agree.

Problem is when it's your to win and it's a game you will need later on, you need to close! Happy with a few things no doubt though

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great ball control; great job keeping the game plan going; horrible last 4.4 seconds.

I disagree, Texas drew up a neat play and the kids executed it to perfection - it was a thing of beauty- surprising for Rick Barnes
Knowing UConn did not go in with Purvis and Omar, I did not expect UConn to be as competitive.
UConn played great interior defense in the second half and if TSam didn't lose his man on the late drive to the hoop and RB made the free throw - who knows.
Yes it was a winnable game but I thought the 7 who played did a real decent job - only AB's lack of offense is my biggest concern

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great effort. Good defense. Solid rebounding. Open/good looks. As the season progresses, the good looks will go down and we will win some games like today. We couldn't get a bucket in the final 7-8 minutes of the game and yet still only lost on a last second 3 with a mildly controversial ending.

Not worried.

Reaction Score
Commenting on Boat's injury KO said Boat is one guy he's not worried about wanting to be on the court. I wondered if that was a thinly veiled reference to Calhoun and Purvis not being able to go today. Can't help but think if one of those two gave it a go today for 5-10 minutes, could have helped the other guards down the stretch. Maybe neither one really could try to play at all, but given they probably wouldn't be needed for another 18 days, would have been nice to see them give it a try.

Reaction Score
Commenting on Boat's injury KO said Boat is one guy he's not worried about wanting to be on the court. I wondered if that was a thinly veiled reference to Calhoun and Purvis not being able to go today. Can't help but think if one of those two gave it a go today for 5-10 minutes, could have helped the other guards down the stretch. Maybe neither one really could try to play at all, but given they probably wouldn't be needed for another 18 days, would have been nice to see them give it a try.

Doubt it I am sure this is a decision with trainers info. You could be right but if they're ready to go at all and understanding the situation today they would give it a go I think! But ya never know kids....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom