OT: - Not a good day for the BE | The Boneyard

OT: Not a good day for the BE

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seton Hall easily handled by SDSU in the WNIT final and now Villanova out in the men's NCAA semi-final.

Reaction Score
Big East still has done much better than any other conference: already one champion,1 lost a championship game, another lost in SF of FF; the last one could be champion - I am one of those who think UConn WBB will take NC12.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall forgot they had a game today, also I am with Close. I don't understand how the WNIT gets treated so badly. Ucla had to go to Wyoming and South Dakota on a schoolweek. That's rough.

Reaction Score
Proud of the Big East in tournament play, especially Seton Hall. Huge accomplishment. To make it to the Finals of the WNIT. Way to go, Seton Hall!! Something to build on for next season. Villanova. Great run. We got UConn up next. See what happens tomorrow.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Seton Hall forgot they had a game today, also I am with Close. I don't understand how the WNIT gets treated so badly. Ucla had to go to Wyoming and South Dakota on a schoolweek. That's rough.
The WNIT is run by a for profit organization, not the NCAA. I think they do have a contract with the NCAA.

All games are on the court of the team that makes the better bid. As I have said in several other posts, yes, obviously, the size of your arena and the attendance you can get there affects your bid. That said, you have to bid. Obviously, UCLA and Seton Hall could not make winning bids.

WFIW, Wyoming has often been in the WNIT and often hosted; in fact in the year Arizona won and had all 6 games in Tucson, one of our opponents was Wyoming. Word was they were seriously irate that they didn't get to host - Arizona offered a very, very sweet pot, including some concessions money which apparently isn't often offered.

Reaction Score
Nothing to be ashamed of, losing to a SDSU team that should have been a 9 or 10 seed in the NCAA tourney.
Amen! Is SDSU the best team not invited to the dance? If they played in a P5 conference, they most certainly would have! Seton Hall was completely overmatched. Congrats to the Pirates for making it to the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom