Northern Arizona Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Northern Arizona Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3623.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did Fanta, Donny Marshall, and Jim Calhoun just break Bill Walton's record for longest talk-a-thon during game play without ever saying anything about the game we are watching? A fan like my wife hasn't got any idea who the new players are. First game of the year, maybe at least identify the players, and maybe who a foul is called on. That was terrible.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Did Fanta, Donny Marshall, and Jim Calhoun just break Bill Walton's record for longest talk-a-thon during game play without ever saying anything about the game we are watching? A fan like my wife hasn't got any idea who the new players are. First game of the year, maybe at least identify the players, and maybe who a foul is called on. That was terrible.
I’m not going to lie Rick I could listen to them talk about old UConn stories all day. Lol

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Loved it! Castle was balling out there for a stretch. Karaban was great. Clingan looks good to go. Nice to see production from Johnson. Lots of great pieces and some promising freshmen. Let's go!

Reaction Score
Nice game to brush off the dust and bring in the newcomers. Gosh I miss AJax. There were moments where Ross made a few big plays that made me wonder if this is the guy Hurley was talking about. A win against a cupcake is a win against a cupcake.

Idk what’s up with the patty cake foul calls… it is what it is.

Solid win!

Reaction Score
Like what I saw in Samson. If he slips that fast off of every screen he’s gonna have a lot of dunks this year.

Donny had a good comment that Samson didn’t do much his first 2 yrs. because of injuries but that he “ finally looks like a basketball player “

Reaction Score
Youngsters are as advertised! Lots of talent and great mix of experience and youth.

Let’s see how they do when stressed a little with closer competition. But overall, couldn’t ask for better showing for game 1.

Reaction Score
Karaban, Clingan, Newton, and Spencer did about what you'd expect in a game that was over before tip off. Especially loved Karaban driving with both hands. He didn't have that last season really.

Hack-a-Cling is about to be a thing all year.

Castle looked a little deer in the headlights early with iffy passes but settled in. Great passer, great demeanor, worked hard on defense. He should draw a ton of fouls this year, he's so poised in the lane. FOY runaway favorite IMO.

Johnson was awful on defense first half. Looked much better 2nd half. The big alleyoops won't come so often in Big East play, but he can defend, rebound and rim run. Need 2nd half Samson every game. CANNOT foul at that rate any more.

Diarra looks to be 7th man. Did about what you'd expect.

Solo needs to slow down or his shot will never fall. Set his feet before the pass.

Ross seemed ahead of Stewart in the rotation already which surprised me. Had a nice pass, good effort on defense. Not much else.

Stewart had a couple nice defense stands and some IQ plays on offense. Still see a high IQ guy. Needs to get stronger to play the 4 right now but he'll get there.

Greek and Youssuf seem to be deep bench.

Reaction Score
Solid effort. Liked Johnson's energy and activity. Needs to stay out of foul trouble even though one of the fouls was a really bad call. He got pushed by an opposing player into the ballhandler.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Solid game. Team looked rusty to start and then found their groove. Played unselfish ball, sometimes too much so early on. Guys starting taking those chances later on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom