Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My fiancée joined me in my life right before the 2014 run, so I’ve always maintained she’s excellent luck. She became a huge Bazz & UConn fan after basically never watching basketball before. Just read her the whole article as we chatted and we both got worked up.

This team is special, and I thought this was their peak potential…but I’d be lying if I said I thought they’d maintain this peak for an entire tournament run. 40 more minutes. Become legends!

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230402_101148_Brave.jpg

beautiful jim carey GIF

Reaction Score
My memory isn't what it used to be so I have a question.

Aztec fans regard the championship game as a revenge match for a loss suffered at our hands in the 2011 Sweet 16 game. Specifically, they refer to the "Kemba flop". Does anyone remember that play? Off hand, I do not.

I may have it on a highlights disk that I'll check when I get some time.

Reaction Score
My memory isn't what it used to be so I have a question.

Aztec fans regard the championship game as a revenge match for a loss suffered at our hands in the 2011 Sweet 16 game. Specifically, they refer to the "Kemba flop". Does anyone remember that play? Off hand, I do not.

I may have it on a highlights disk that I'll check when I get some time.
I believe it was a play at half court, where Kemba kind of got in the SDSU players's way, flopped, and they were assessed a technical, which led to UConn going on a run.

I'm wildly hungover tho and could be remembering this completely wrong

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I believe it was a play at half court, where Kemba kind of got in the SDSU players's way, flopped, and they were assessed a technical, which led to UConn going on a run.

Correct. As Kemba remembers it “the kid Jamaal Franklin” bumped Kemba after they took the lead and we took a TO. Kemba definitely embellished but laughed it off, made some free throws then put his junk in their mouths.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Not completely wrong, mostly wrong. The SD guy instigated the contact and smacked into Kemba after time was out on the court. A punk player on a punk team tried a punk move and Kemba made him pay. The fact they are still crying about it shows that there's still a punk team.

Reaction Score
Correct. As Kemba remembers it “the kid Jamaal Franklin” bumped Kemba after they took the lead and we took a TO. Kemba definitely embellished but laughed it off, made some free throws then put his junk in their mouths.
Yeah, basically this. They went on a bit of a run, pushed the lead to 5 or 6, we called timeout. Going back to their respective benches, their guy kind of bumped into Kemba (ambiguous whether he saw Kemba, tried to bump him, or didn't notice at all in their exuberance), Kemba sold it a bit to draw the refs' attention, they got a T, we ended up getting a 4 or 5 point possession out of it and closed the gap before we pulled away late.

Reaction Score
"Uconn is Unique".

I used that term to describe our program and now Hurley uses the exact term to describe this particular team. Cool coincidence. Very appropriate term, IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom