Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
From Spain to Storrs: Top recruit Sarah Strong's personal path to UConn

THROUGHOUT HIGH SCHOOL Strong's vision board had "Go to UConn" stamped on it as a future goal but when it came time to check out schools she kept her options open with official visits to Oregon, LSU, Louisville, North Carolina, UCLA and a few unofficial visits to Duke. She did not envision going on several official visits when she first started, but this was a new world in recruitment.
Hmmm that is different than the info I have on several fronts......

So she didn't have an unofficial to South Carolina? Wasn't she there at a game and they chanted her name?

I also I thought she had an unofficial to Tenn in early March.

Anyway doesn't really matter, but certainly is interesting.

Reaction Score
It’s strange. Originally I thought Strong was just adding Duke because of her friend Roberson going there but then Duke really picked up steam for some reason. Then it turns out she never even officially visited Duke. Where does all this Duke smoke come from?

Strong “following” players. People use social media as a recruiting tool

Reaction Score
Hmmm that is different than the info I have on several fronts......

So she didn't have an unofficial to South Carolina? Wasn't she there at a game and they chanted her name?

I also I thought she had an unofficial to Tenn in early March.

Anyway doesn't really matter, but certainly is interesting.
She visited South Carolina when UConn was in town . Same thing on her visit to UNC Nobody ever said whether those visits were official or not but, in light of her recent statements, at least SCar appears to have been unofficial.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
interesting choice..........what if anything does that have to say about UConn's transfer plans behind the scenes......?
Connecting the possible dots on a Tuesday evening? :cool:
That said, would Geno have to keep space open for a portal passenger to disembark in Storrs?

Reaction Score
Connecting the possible dots on a Tuesday evening? :cool:
That said, would Geno have to keep space open for a portal passenger to disembark in Storrs?
I sure hope it's a harbinger of things to come but then again perhaps she simply has a thing for Disney World.......:rolleyes:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

UCF is in her backyard and easier for
Family to get to her games even if international. Sytia Messer is a great recruiter and was lead recruiter at Baylor for mulkey. Have always heard positive things about her in the AAU circuit.

Not saying that’s going to translate to winning games but Messer will do things right and is a very likable coach.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
UCF is in her backyard and easier for
Family to get to her games even if international. Sytia Messer is a great recruiter and was lead recruiter at Baylor for mulkey. Have always heard positive things about her in the AAU circuit.

Not saying that’s going to translate to winning games but Messer will do things right and is a very likable coach.
Thanks for insights....Will now keep an eye in that general direction...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dee Alexander (6'1" Guard out of Cincinnati, two time Ohio Player of the Year and top 10 recruit in the class of 2025) has narrowed her previous list of 15 down to three. Cincinnati, Illinois, and Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Dee Alexander (6'1" Guard out of Cincinnati, two time Ohio Player of the Year and top 10 recruit in the class of 2025) has narrowed her previous list of 15 down to three. Cincinnati, Illinois, and Ohio State.

Bit of a wow, she’s a nation level recruit limiting herself to pretty much a local ( or regional) section.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm not the only fan of a program that vigorously recruited Joyce Edwards and would be super happy to relieve you of your latest hometown hero. ;)
But Stanford was in her final group just as SCar was in JuJu's final group. They visited outside their home regions. Dee is staying within a car trip of home. Nothing wrong with it but it is a small surprise in this jet age.

Of

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
But Stanford was in her final group just as SCar was in JuJu's final group. They visited outside their home regions. Dee is staying within a car trip of home. Nothing wrong with it but it is a small surprise in this jet age.

Of
Some kids want to make it easier for family and friends to watch them play in person. I get it.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Of
You're not being fair, I'm sure Dayton would be in this final three if Shauna Green was still there and not 3.5 hours away in Illinois. So, she did expand her range. But also, I think joining Cincinnati would still allow for her to experience the "jet age" going to all the Big 12 schools.

But looks like she will be committing today.

Reaction Score
You're not being fair, I'm sure Dayton would be in this final three if Shauna Green was still there and not 3.5 hours away in Illinois. So, she did expand her range. But also, I think joining Cincinnati would still allow for her to experience the "jet age" going to all the Big 12 schools.

I don't see how 'm being "unfair" to her. I did not criticize her. I merely pointed out that it's somewhat unusual for a prospect of her caliber (HG #6) to limit her final group to a pretty small geographic area. What's "unfair" about that?

Related. If she stays at home at Cincy, it MAY be an indicator of the school's increased prestige in joining a P-4 conference.

If she commits today, I would not expect her choice to be Illinois, but then I am often wrong in guessing what a 17-year-old will choose. If you are a tOSU (CBus??) or Cincy fan, good luck. I like what I have seen of her and she was offered by Dawn,.

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't see how 'm being "unfair" to her. I did not criticize her. I merely pointed out that it's somewhat unusual for a prospect of her caliber (HG #6) to limit her final group to a pretty small geographic area. What's "unfair" about that?

Related. If she stays at home at Cincy, it MAY be an indicator of the school's increased prestige in joining a P-4 conference.

If she commits today, I would not expect her choice to be Illinois, but then I am often wrong in guessing what a 17-year-old will choose. If you are a tOSU (CBus??) or Cincy fan, good luck. I like what I have seen of her.
I was being sarcastic. Sorry. I forgot to add my "haha" because Illinois, as you said isn't far but I do think she has a good relationship with Green from her time at Dayton, as she seems to be a good recruiter for Ohio.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Committed to Cinci. A huge commitment for that school and coach.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Wow for Cincy and Katrina Merriweather. After finding good players and diamonds in the rough at Wright State and Memphis, she's hit pay dirt here in Cincy by landing a 5-star recruit.

(per Raoul)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom