Non-Key Tweets | Page 983 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
and if FSU-Clemson don't take the deal...and if ESPN does not renew...the ACC GOR is dead and all schools can go wherever someone wants them...no penalty...no rights owned.

The GOR states that rights are given to the ACC to meet the requirements of the ESPN contract...no contract ? It's over...mad scramble.

Reaction Score
He completely ignored that once a deal is made for them to move to the SEC, doesn't that force the ACC to make a deal with anyone that wants to leave? And if enough leave, they may not have a conference left anyway.
Agree, I thought that seemed obvious that they can’t just manipulate the conference for those two and expect a brand like North Carolina to just sit on their hands and accept it.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Good discussion in favor of adding UConn to the Big 12 when the ACC breaks up.

What the deuce!? We have in one week an eastern (NJ) earthquake, a total eclipse across the continental US, back-to-back men's BB champions, ESPN pundits calling us blue bloods, and BIG12 podcasters talking about adding UConn to the BIG12, and oh my the way, our football isn't so horrible that it will improve with Px money...when the hell is Zuul gonna show up cuz the end is nigh.

Reaction Score
They had their chance last summer. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still take it. But feels over.
Agree ... last summer was our chance and it collapsed. All the talk, hype, championships will not change BIG12 PRESIDENTS opinions. They already made it clear how they feel about UConn same as ACC. UConn just needs these conferences to eat each other and cause chaos... then MAYBE ... MAYBE UConn has a chance. Except for Rule #1

Reaction Score
They had their chance last summer. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still take it. But feels over.
Gotta disagree.
Currently there is more national buzz regarding UConn hoops compounded with the ratings numbers for both men’s and women’s than I can ever remember.
Yormark had his vision. I think the existing powers-that-be of the Big 12 said something like “The four corners football brands are strong and easily getable now (2023). UConn will be available next year along with some other basketball powerhouses next year (2024). Grant us our wish and we’ll grant yours.”
And as K State guys said, given some more money UConn will become competitive in football again. I do believe that is the national perception of ADs regarding our football. UConn has shown it knows how to fund successful teams.

Reaction Score
Gotta disagree.
Currently there is more national buzz regarding UConn hoops compounded with the ratings numbers for both men’s and women’s than I can ever remember.
Yormark had his vision. I think the existing powers-that-be of the Big 12 said something like “The four corners football brands are strong and easily getable now (2023). UConn will be available next year along with some other basketball powerhouses next year (2024). Grant us our wish and we’ll grant yours.”
And as K State guys said, given some more money UConn will become competitive in football again. I do believe that is the national perception of ADs regarding our football. UConn has shown it knows how to fund successful teams.
Oh Grasshopper. We all know this but it won't matter. The Big 12 just invited 3 former C-USA programs. It could invite a back-to-back basketball championship program and the football team would no doubt flourish with Big 12 money. They could even offer UConn reduced shares and we'd probably take it. But that makes too much sense.

Everyone will probably wait to see what happens with the ACC but make no mistake about it, whether the ACC comes stays lays or prays, UConn will take the roundhouse squarely in the nutsack.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Everyone will probably wait to see what happens with the ACC but make no mistake about it, whether the ACC comes stays lays or prays, UConn will take the roundhouse squarely in the nutsack.
It's an art form to take hit after hit.

Reaction Score
Oh Grasshopper. We all know this but it won't matter. The Big 12 just invited 3 former C-USA programs. It could invite a back-to-back basketball championship program and the football team would no doubt flourish with Big 12 money. They could even offer UConn reduced shares and we'd probably take it. But that makes too much sense.

Obviously I’m the half full grasshopper and your the half starving one.
If taking a roundhouse squarely in the nutsack feels like last Monday night then keep them coming.
I’m enjoying being a UConn fan a lot more than being a Syracuse, BC, or Rutgers fan.

Reaction Score
Good discussion in favor of adding UConn to the Big 12 when the ACC breaks up.

I hate to be this way, but don't believe it. If they really wanted UConn, they do not need to wait until the ACC breaks up. They would invite UConn now. As a matter of fact, they would much more likely take Louisville, Pitt, and maybe Cuse to get the NYC market before UConn.

Reaction Score
I hate to be this way, but don't believe it. If they really wanted UConn, they do not need to wait until the ACC breaks up. They would invite UConn now. As a matter of fact, they would much more likely take Louisville, Pitt, and maybe Cuse to get the NYC market before UConn.
None of those guys move the NYC market, not even Syracuse

Also UConn nearly squeaked into the B12 last year. We could easily be on their shortlist after this natty. Conference moves won't happen now, they will happen well into summer when the schoolyear is over so we'll see what's in store. We wouldn't hear anything substantial now

Last edited:
Reaction Score
None of those guys move the NYC market, not even Syracuse

Also UConn nearly squeaked into the B12 last year. We could easily be on their shortlist after this natty. Conference moves won't happen now, they will happen well into summer when the schoolyear is over so we'll see what's in store. We wouldn't hear anything substantial now
Clearly, they didn't care when they took the four corner schools and left UConn hanging. I live in NYC and there are a lot of Syracuse people here. The tendency is to take "power" conference members first if they are available. When UCF, Houston, BYU,. and Cinci were added, there were no other choices. I would not trust, or count on the Big 12, especially if they wait for the ACC leftovers to make a move.

Reaction Score
Clearly, they didn't care when they took the four corner schools and left UConn hanging. I live in NYC and there are a lot of Syracuse people here. The tendency is to take "power" conference members first if they are available. When UCF, Houston, BYU,. and Cinci were added, there were no other choices. I would not trust, or count on the Big 12, especially if they wait for the ACC leftovers to make a move.
I want to have some hope, but I think they would take the ACC schools before us, too, simply because they are P4 schools.

All this talk about UConn will die down in a month, if not sooner.

Reaction Score
But if they couldn't reach 18 members during the expansion last summer, it was confirmed UConn was the move. And since last summer, UConn's value proposition has grown much larger. If the B12 had to expand at this very moment, they would likely pick UConn

Reaction Score
But if they couldn't reach 18 members during the expansion last summer, it was confirmed UConn was the move. And since last summer, UConn's value proposition has grown much larger. If the B12 had to expand at this very moment, they would likely pick UConn
But there is no need for them to expand at the moment. When the ACC leftovers become available, it will be a different story.

Reaction Score
But there is no need for them to expand at the moment. When the ACC leftovers become available, it will be a different story.
My point is we don't know. UConn could now be seen as "valuable enough" for us to get picked up and placed in he same tier as those ACC schools.

If those ACC schools they want were available now, they would get picked up now. We don't have that kind of conference restriction, so a UConn move this summer wouldn't be surprising

Reaction Score
If those ACC schools they want were available now, they would get picked up now. We don't have that kind of conference restriction, so a UConn move this summer wouldn't be surprising
Who would be our partner?

Reaction Score
Who would be our partner?
The B12 could easily grab Memphis, Tulane, OSU, Wazzu, SDSU

Speaking of OSU and Wazzu, the B12 preferred us over them while they are both P5s and have very good Football programs with many fans. We were also preferred over Stanford and Cal. I didn't see any of these schools discussed as the potential fillers to round out 18

Next time you knock UConn's value, remember this

Reaction Score
The B12 could easily grab Memphis, Tulane, OSU, Wazzu, SDSU

Speaking of OSU and Wazzu, the B12 preferred us over them while they are both P5s and have very good Football programs with many fans. We were also preferred over Stanford and Cal. I didn't see any of these schools discussed as the potential fillers to round out 18

Next time you knock UConn's value, remember this
They won't be "grabbing" those schools. They will wait for ACC schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom