Non-Key Tweets | Page 965 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
so he has fsu, clemson, unc, louisville and VT leaving? backfilling with UConn and USF. i assume he meant to list wake instead of cuse a second time. but who's taking lville and VT over miami and virginia??

if this is an academic play it has to be tulane or rice over USF.

Maybe FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Va Tech leaving, UConn and USF to backfill, and Louisville getting sent back to Conference USA for not meeting the new "Ivy League" academic standards.

Reaction Score
Maybe FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Va Tech leaving, UConn and USF to backfill, and Louisville getting sent back to Conference USA for not meeting the new "Ivy League" academic standards.
Do the Louisville students know what the Ivy League is?

Reaction Score
The new ACC won't care about that. They're competing with Princeton.
Never been a fan of the UConn being associated with the Louisville's (or the Tulsa's, Memphis', East Carolina's, Wichita State's) of the world.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
^^^
B1G takes ND, UVA, UNC, Duke
Big12 takes Pitt, VTech, Louisville, GTech
SEC takes FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC State

Big East Takes Cuse, BC, Wake adds Army, Navy UMass for FB

SMU and Calford go screw themselves

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miami and VT won 9 of the 12 championships before they jumped ship to the ACC.

That 2010 Fiesta Bowl season came down to the final game... USF-UConn. If the Huskies beat USF they would go to the Fiesta, owning the tiebreaker in the three way 1st place tie. The FG with 59 seconds on the clock put UConn up by 3.

A great game that I did not see.

Reaction Score
Didn't the Big East already try football? Remind me how that worked out?
This is a common narrative. Business history is full of small parochial companies that stayed independent as long as they could. Eventually, circumstances change for various reasons, usually economic and desperation leads to change.

Reaction Score
Big 10 takes UNC… SEC takes NC State

IMG_2656.gif

Reaction Score
^^^
B1G takes ND, UVA, UNC, Duke
Big12 takes Pitt, VTech, Louisville, GTech
SEC takes FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC State

Big East Takes Cuse, BC, Wake adds Army, Navy UMass for FB

SMU and Calford go screw themselves
Why would the SEC want NCS
Why would the B1G want Duke?as they just rejected Stamford
Even the assumption that
when the ACC gets raided
UVA , UNC FSU and Clemson are gone is
not even a 100% certainty
Miami is a key , I personally don’t see anyone other than the B12 with interest In them but if I’m wrong than holding the ACC together gets tougher .
My belief is the ACC survival or death
is dependent on who wins the ACC / B12 battle .
It’s going to come down to media dollars .
Personally if the ACC aggressive
they could have taken the very exposed eastern wing who have been further isolated by the Big 12 western expansion.. I believe if Big 12 took UConn then that wing was more secure and the ACC less .
However given equal money West Va , Cincinnati , UCF , would prefer to be in an eastern oriented conference . That‘s why I feel adding Stan //Cal hurt the ACC in the long run while adding UConn/ USF or even SMU / Tulane made more sense
However a third option actually makes the most sense. Its a simple merger between the Big 12 ACC into up to 28 team super conference
With a bit of history injected into each Div
Big Atlantic North East
Cuse
*BCU
PItt
WVA
Cincinnati
Va Tech
**UConn
Duke
Big Atlantic South East
NCS
*Wake
GT
UCF
Miami
Louisville
Miami

Big Mid West
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas State
OSU
Colorado
BYU
*SMU
Big Southwest
TCU
TTU
Baylor
UAZ
ASU
Utah
Houston

* These Teams or any teams can be dropped from the merger
** Wishful thinking
Stanford
Call gets added to the B1G at 1/2 price
or rejoins a New PAC MW alliance if that succeeds .

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Yes, and it was spectacular! UConn made the Fiesta Bowl coming out of the Big East! Past winners included UConn, Miami, West Virginia, Cincy, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse. Heck even BCU had some success.
True that. Old Big East football was actually good and fun to watch, just it didn’t jive with the conference’s overall perception of itself as an all sports competitor.

Reaction Score
You enjoyed AAC football games more than Big East?
No.. I think the big east is the best place for our basketball teams… but at one time the aac was a very good football conference

Reaction Score
No.. I think the big east is the best place for our basketball teams… but at one time the aac was a very good football conference
The AAC was a very good football conference but not good for UConn and certainly not as good as the Big East. The geography of the Big East Conference was good. The AAC, bad.

Reaction Score
True that. Old Big East football was actually good and fun to watch, just it didn’t jive with the conference’s overall perception of itself as an all sports competitor.

Also nobody who played football wanted to stay in the Big East.

Reaction Score
The AAC was a very good football conference but not good for UConn and certainly not as good as the Big East. The geography of the Big East Conference was good. The AAC, bad.

Blaming the conference doesn’t doesn’t stick with me. The school blew it with hiring P, Diaco and Edsall. Along with all of the other problems running in the background that the school failed to address or created.

Reaction Score
Blaming the conference doesn’t doesn’t stick with me. The school blew it with hiring P, Diaco and Edsall. Along with all of the other problems running in the background that the school failed to address or created.
Then don't blame the conference, the AAC was a fine conference. It just didn't compare to the Big East. Plus, I'll bet Miami would have won many more bowl games had it stayed in the Big East and kept winning conference championships. While in the Big East Miami was winning Orange, Rose, Sugar, and Gator Bowls. and a National Championship. Since 2004 Miami has won the Peach Bowl, the MPC Computers Bowl and Russell Athletic Bowl. Just saying.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Also nobody who played football wanted to stay in the Big East.
Nor the AAC (at least for the "good" ones) making both conferences decent in the short term but not long term for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom