Non-Key Tweets | Page 962 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Ouch so NY team and New Englands team will have to play some major tournaments in Dallas.

Reaction Score
Ouch so NY team and New Englands team will have to play some major tournaments in Dallas.
It's like an extra hour on a plane. Not that big of a deal. Raleigh to Boston is a little over 2 hours and to Dallas it's a little over 3.

Reaction Score
It's like an extra hour on a plane. Not that big of a deal. Raleigh to Boston is a little over 2 hours and to Dallas it's a little over 3.
But this will be their "home games!" Unless it's just Stanford and Cal that will be forced to move their home games to Dallas, but will have to travel to the ACC schools for away games.

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson have been the WVU twitterati’s dream since 2012. Considering the BXII’s next media contract will start below where the ACC’s was a few years ago, this just seems like nonsense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson have been the WVU twitterati’s dream since 2012. Considering the BXII’s next media contract will start below where the ACC’s was a few years ago, this just seems like nonsense.
The WVU twitterati actually believe that there are people outside of that state who actually give a about WVU and their athletic programs. The state is poor, sparsely populated held in less than high esteem by many surrounding states. Not a good combination if you want to draw interest from power conferences.

The gripes that FSU and Clemson have are a) in the near term, B-12 schools will esrn more media revenue than their ACC counterparts b) in a half dozen years the B-12 will be in position to take their media contract to market where they again could potentially exceed ACC revenues per school (not a guarantee but absolutely a concern) and c) B-12 schools will be able to prostitute themselves to the SEC and B1G a half dozen years before ACC schools can.

Neither one of these schools is going to attempt to buy their way out of the ACC's GOR just to be able to play WVU every year. I personally believe that FSU and Clemson are still kicking themselves for not jumping to the B-12 a decade ago (where they could have had a long stretch with Texas and Oklahoma as conference mates) when the offer was there. To make things worse, they also signed on to a two plus decade prison term when they decided to stay in the ACC.

Reaction Score
A) is wrong though. The ACC made about $31m in 2022 in media rights. The new Big XII will average $31.4m for 6 years (presumably crossing that threshold in 2028). Basically 6 years behind the ACC contract.

B) I honestly think is less of a concern. ESPN had pac money set aside that wasn’t spent in 2022. They used it to shore up the BXII. That won’t be the case in 2030. Instead the BXII will be going to open market with a handful of G5 schools in the East and BYU/Utah in the West and the rump of the old Big XII in the middle. ESPN would find it cheaper to send Ok St, Kansas, Arizona, TCU to the ACC than pay $150+m for Central Florida, Colorado, Cincinnati, and BYU.

I also think Clemson has been fine with the on-field run this past decade and aren’t pining away for more Oklahoma regular-season matchups. They simply want money. It’s the B10 and SEC they dream about, not the BXII.

Reaction Score
A) is wrong though. The ACC made about $31m in 2022 in media rights. The new Big XII will average $31.4m for 6 years (presumably crossing that threshold in 2028). Basically 6 years behind the ACC contract.

B) I honestly think is less of a concern. ESPN had pac money set aside that wasn’t spent in 2022. They used it to shore up the BXII. That won’t be the case in 2030. Instead the BXII will be going to open market with a handful of G5 schools in the East and BYU/Utah in the West and the rump of the old Big XII in the middle. ESPN would find it cheaper to send Ok St, Kansas, Arizona, TCU to the ACC than pay $150+m for Central Florida, Colorado, Cincinnati, and BYU.

I also think Clemson has been fine with the on-field run this past decade and aren’t pining away for more Oklahoma regular-season matchups. They simply want money. It’s the B10 and SEC they dream about, not the BXII.
I'm very convinced by your argument and would've agreed totally a week ago...

...if the ACC hadn't just committed the ultimate crazy panic move. It's been a few days since the news of ACC expansion has come through, and I still can't believe it happened.

Reaction Score
I'm very convinced by your argument and would've agreed totally a week ago...

...if the ACC hadn't just committed the ultimate crazy panic move. It's been a few days since the news of ACC expansion has come through, and I still can't believe it happened.
I thought it was an ACCN play. But the news of the 15-member threshold without ESPN rewriting the contracts makes sense with the 3 no votes. Those three are preparing to leave if they can, but are ensuring the Wakes and the States make the same money at least until 2036.

Reaction Score
Image-1.jpeg
The ACC has a sports team in Boston. When did that happen?

Reaction Score
Louisville?

That is weird. I mean, if I had my pick of remnants, I'd look at Georgia Tech, Miami and even Duke before I looked at Louisville.

Miami will be B1G. I would have said GT would be B1G too, but if Fox doesn’t want Stanford and Cal for San Francisco, they aren’t going to want GT for Atlanta.

Reaction Score
The WVU twitterati actually believe that there are people outside of that state who actually give a about WVU and their athletic programs. The state is poor, sparsely populated held in less than high esteem by many surrounding states. Not a good combination if you want to draw interest from power conferences.

The gripes that FSU and Clemson have are a) in the near term, B-12 schools will esrn more media revenue than their ACC counterparts b) in a half dozen years the B-12 will be in position to take their media contract to market where they again could potentially exceed ACC revenues per school (not a guarantee but absolutely a concern) and c) B-12 schools will be able to prostitute themselves to the SEC and B1G a half dozen years before ACC schools can.

Neither one of these schools is going to attempt to buy their way out of the ACC's GOR just to be able to play WVU every year. I personally believe that FSU and Clemson are still kicking themselves for not jumping to the B-12 a decade ago (where they could have had a long stretch with Texas and Oklahoma as conference mates) when the offer was there. To make things worse, they also signed on to a two plus decade prison term when they decided to stay in the ACC.
At some point something has to give with the ACC GOR. As we get closer, something will compel one side to act. I don’t think this ship is out to sea until 2036.

Reaction Score
Louisville?

That is weird. I mean, if I had my pick of remnants, I'd look at Georgia Tech, Miami and even Duke before I looked at Louisville.

I am assuming that the two VA schools are divided between the B1G (UVA) and SEC (V tech to get into DC), same for NC with UNC (B1G) and NC State (SEC) with Duke being an unknown while I beleive B1G wants G Tech, too, for the Atlanta market (and academics). So, Louisville would add some basketball weight to the XII and allow them to have a pod in the Ohio valley, especially if the XII grabs Pitt, too.

Reaction Score

And give the Unievrsity Presidents who are making these decisions enough Bourbon (and take pictures after a few bottles are emptied) and they will agree to anything....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom