Non-Key Tweets | Page 959 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Orc

Reaction Score
When it's all said and done UConn will end up in a conference with BC, Syracuse, Temple, UMass, Wake Forest, South Florida, Duke, and Army or Navy for all sports.
Looks like an AAC reunion minus Duke great

Reaction Score
They'll try and keep their valuable teams hostage as long as possible but they'll escape. Totally dead conference.
Adding SMU, CAL and Stanford and swapping out VA, UNC, FSU and Clemson is a huge swing.
If you add miami and VT Yes the conference is cooked. Only losing 4 means ACC could backfill with Cincy, Uconn, WVU. Still a decent league with fb and top 2 bb easily

Reaction Score
Adding SMU, CAL and Stanford and swapping out VA, UNC, FSU and Clemson is a huge swing.
If you add miami and VT Yes the conference is cooked. Only losing 4 means ACC could backfill with Cincy, Uconn, WVU. Still a decent league with fb and top 2 bb easily
cinci, wvu may not want to leave B12. But tulane and uconn may be options

Reaction Score
Why would Cinci and WVU leave the Big 12 when they would be P3? I doubt that they would. They will be making a lot more in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
2036 seems soooo far away...

Bargaining with ESPN is sort of like bargaining with God, I reckon.

Me...How long is a million years to you ?

God...A minute

Me....How much is a billion dollars to you ?

God....a penny

Me....Will you give me a penny ?

God...In a minute

Reaction Score
The Big XII-ACC battle for 3rd supremacy will be interesting. The ACC media payout was $30.5m in ‘22. The new BXII contract will start below that (the avg will be $31.6m, presumably crossing that threshold at the halfway point in 2028). Given normal escalators, the ACC could be averaging $10m more in media payouts when the BXII is renegotiating.

But there are a lot of variables. Does the GOR hold, what is the Calford impact on both the ACC contract and the ACCN earnings, who is left in the ACC, what does the sports tv contract works look like in 2030, etc.

Reaction Score
Why would Cinci and WVU leave the Big 12 when they would be P3? I doubt that they would. They will be making a lot more in the Big 12.
You are assuming the SEC and Big Ten will allow anything more than a P-2. It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

Reaction Score
When it's all said and done UConn will end up in a conference with BC, Syracuse, Temple, UMass, Wake Forest, South Florida, Duke, and Army or Navy for all sports.
Something like that seems likely. It's eventually going to be 2 huge football leagues and everyone else.
The Big XII-ACC battle for 3rd supremacy will be interesting. The ACC media payout was $30.5m in ‘22. The new BXII contract will start below that (the avg will be $31.6m, presumably crossing that threshold at the halfway point in 2028). Given normal escalators, the ACC could be averaging $10m more in media payouts when the BXII is renegotiating.

But there are a lot of variables. Does the GOR hold, what is the Calford impact on both the ACC contract and the ACCN earnings, who is left in the ACC, what does the sports tv contract works look like in 2030, etc.
P2 for football

Reaction Score
Again, I think it depends on who is still in ACC. If NC state, Miami, GT, and VT are still in ACC with Louisville, Syr, Duke, WF and Pitt. That’s still a respectable league. WVU would definitely come off the island. And so would Cincy

Reaction Score
Looks like an AAC reunion minus Duke great
Actual the original *?AAC 2013 was
UCF
Louisville
Rutgers
SMU
Temple
UConn
USF
Cincinnati
Houston
Memphis

Add Navy as FB only snd I’d sign up for that if the C7 was still part of that conference and its still a great BB Conference . I wonder the worth of that conference today
.* I thought it was the Big East but some records call the AAC

Reaction Score
Beat NC State Thursday. That will make the backroom ACC discussions very interesting. ("hey, if you give UConn P5 money, they will probably be better than BC, Cuse, etc. SMU, Cal and Stanford have no connection to any current ACC team.. Rivalries matter. Yada yada, yada)

Last edited:

DGB

Reaction Score
UCF
Louisville
Rutgers
SMU
Temple
UConn
USF
Cincinnati
Houston
Memphis

Add Navy as FB only snd I’d sign up for that if the C7 was still part of that conference and its still a great BB Conference . I wonder the worth of that conference today
People like to crap on the American...and with good emotional reason. But from a conference standpoint every one of those teams is in the same or a better place now than they were 20 years ago. Every one of them except UConn.

Whatever issues UConn has had with conference affiliation over the past 20 years, none of them had anything to do with being in the American. Being in the American sucked, but with the exception of March 2014, UConn failed at being good while there.

The schools that were good or were Rutgers moved up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People like to crap on the American...and with good emotional reason. But from a conference standpoint every one of those teams is in the same or a better place now than they were 20 years ago.
Of course they all got in a better position by leaving the American...

That's like saying it's a really best thing about Arkansas is everyone who moves out of state does better elsewhere...

DGB

Reaction Score
Of course they all got in a better position by leaving the American...

That's like saying it's a really best thing about Arkansas is everyone who moves out of state does better elsewhere...
Kind of obvious my man. The whole point of the American is using it as a stepping stone to something better. It's a layover conference...if you're doing it right you leave for someplace better. UConn is the only school that used it to go backwards.

Reaction Score
Kind of obvious my man. The whole point of the American is using it as a stepping stone to something better. It's a layover conference...if you're doing it right you leave for someplace better. UConn is the only school that used it to go backwards.
Used it to go backwards? We're the only school winning championships.

DGB

Reaction Score
Used it to go backwards? We're the only school winning championships.
Yeah yeah...as they say we're the winningest program that ever one things while winning...

This isn't hard to understand. UConn was in the big east for football and basketball before the American...and winning national championships in one and conference championships in the other. Now UConn is in the big east in basketball and independent in football.

That's backwards.

Reaction Score
Yeah yeah...as they say we're the winningest program that ever one things while winning...

This isn't hard to understand. UConn was in the big east for football and basketball before the American...and winning national championships in one and conference championships in the other. Now UConn is in the big east in basketball and independent in football.

That's backwards.
Backwards to the best basketball program in the country.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's kind of obvious because the American is a terrible conference to be a part of.

Again, that's like saying the stomach flu is great, because it feels so good when the cramping and diarrhea stop.

Essentially, you're saying that the American is the salmonella of conferences. I think I can agree with you on that.

Reaction Score
If basketball moves the realignment needle, UConn is golden.

Nobody denies UConn's excellence as a basketball program.

Reaction Score
UConn's problem was it wasn't prepared to go from BCS to G5 status. USF tanked as well. Cincinnati had a track record of hiring successful coaches and when they hired a dud in Tuberville they quickly jettisoned him. They didn't let him run the thing further into the ground. People say Cincinnati sits in a more fertile recruiting than UConn and that is true, but USF is in an even better recruiting area and is near UConn in terms of futility the last 10 years. CFB will always be about hiring the right coach. As a kid, i remember reading that Pullman Washington was the most difficult place in the country to recruit to. Yet two coaches Mike Leach and Mike Price won big there. If a coach shows you he is the right guy you need to be competitive in trying to keep him.

There is really no rocket science to this. The one thing a school should never do is what they did with Edsall 2.0

Reaction Score
UCF
Louisville
Rutgers
SMU
Temple
UConn
USF
Cincinnati
Houston
Memphis

Frustrating how quckly people and media change their views by simply adding a P status to a school.

So that league was paneer as garbage. Every one of those schools except two are now making 30-40M year.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah- the national damage of our “budget minded” approach during this era has really become apparent at this critical hour.
I don't know if we can dump all that at the seat Edsall ver. 2, though he certainly contributed. Pasqualone and Diaco, had already hurt us significantly. I don't know that our current status is really "budget" driven. We made some bad coaching hires, but the biggest factor was the initial blackballing out of the ACC by Boston College, followed by FSU's decision to flex it's my against Tobacco Road. After that, it seems, that our fate was sealed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom