Non-Key Tweets | Page 95 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If he were a troll, why would he use his real name?

The guy is supposedly TheDudes Big10 contact that he was talking to on his radio show he had a while back. His first 2 followers are TheDudes 2 twitter handles.

On a side note - TheFishofWV was awesome! Now That I know who it was, it makes it all the better.

Reaction Score
jostar1 said:
If he were a troll, why would he use his real name?

Al Gore confirms, every name and everything in Twitter, on the internet, etc is absolutely factual. HFD himself was actually born to Mr and Mrs D, and simply named HFD. ;)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I think you may be right. I've been thinking about what would happen if ND did join the ACC for football. Who would be #16?

I hate to say it, but ND would probably want Navy. Why? Let's assume the ACC went to a 9 game conference schedule and Navy wasn't in the ACC. (You really can't have an 8 games schedule if you have 16 teams in a conference.) That would mean ND plays 9 ACC games plus USC, Stanford, and Navy and they would have no opportunity to play other teams. Put Navy in the ACC either as a divisional opponent or the annual crossover game and the problem is solved as ND would open up one slot.

Now, Navy would have to join as football only (although lacrosse would probably join), but the ACC gets a toe hold in the Maryland market again and they bring in a national name. The ACC is already playing with a 15 team basketball schedule, so that shouldn't be a problem. Navy is expected to join the AAC next year, so they aren't opposed to joining a conference.

If the ACC adds someone, I expect it to be Cincinnati. The give the ACC a toe hold in the Midwest and a natural partner for Louisville and Pittsburg (West Virginia would have a meltdown). They bring a consistently good football team, which is what UConn needs, and decent basketball and a major football recruiting market. Plus, there is enough animosity (yes BC and 'Cuse) in the ACC left to keep UConn from getting the votes needed. The risk that the ACC makes is if the B1G jumps to 16 for the next TV contract (2017?) and does grab UConn. At best, NYC is split between the ACC and B1G under that scenario. At worst, UConn, when combined with Rutgers, Penn St & the B1G alumni network, dominates the DC to NYC market pushing 'Cuse to the side and isolating BC on an island in Boston, which is fine for most BC fans who think Boston is the 'hub' of universe. ND would not be happy and if ND is not happy, the ACC will not be.

One wild for the ACC, how about adding Navy only for football (maybe lacrosse, too) and at the same time adding Georgetown for everything but football? Best of both worlds for the ACC in the DC market and adding Navy makes ND happy and adding Georgetown hoops allows the Fruit to pull out their big hair and stonewashed jeans and re-love the 80's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Massive Domer academic fraud?!?!?!

Notre Dame giving up it's NDpendence?!!?

Oh sweet Jesus, the day may have finally come!

I don't even care if they don't join the B1G, as long as their precious NDdependence is ripped away in the midst of an academic scandal mushroom cloud.

Oh, who am I kidding. Of course ND won't join the B1G. They'd never open themselves up to a schedule consisting of;

NEB
WISCO
PSU
OSU
MSU
MICH

They'd much rather take the cake walk vs;

Free $hoes U
Clemson
VA Tech
...and...guess that's it.

They will get to hang with their new scandal-ridden BFFs UNC, so that's cool.

Intertron Gods, please bring me sweet, delicious, glorious Domer melts.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha....
I'm not a huge fan of other teams fans bringing their trash to our site, but I have to admit this one made me laugh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're stalking her already?
You say that like it is a bad thing.
photo.jpg

Reaction Score
If the ACC adds someone, I expect it to be Cincinnati. The give the ACC a toe hold in the Midwest and a natural partner for Louisville and Pittsburg (West Virginia would have a meltdown). They bring a consistently good football team, which is what UConn needs, and decent basketball and a major football recruiting market. Plus, there is enough animosity (yes BC and 'Cuse) in the ACC left to keep UConn from getting the votes needed. The risk that the ACC makes is if the B1G jumps to 16 for the next TV contract (2017?) and does grab UConn. At best, NYC is split between the ACC and B1G under that scenario. At worst, UConn, when combined with Rutgers, Penn St & the B1G alumni network, dominates the DC to NYC market pushing 'Cuse to the side and isolating BC on an island in Boston, which is fine for most BC fans who think Boston is the 'hub' of universe. ND would not be happy and if ND is not happy, the ACC will not be.

One wild for the ACC, how about adding Navy only for football (maybe lacrosse, too) and at the same time adding Georgetown for everything but football? Best of both worlds for the ACC in the DC market and adding Navy makes ND happy and adding Georgetown hoops allows the Fruit to pull out their big hair and stonewashed jeans and re-love the 80's.

I've often wondered if as a condition for joining full time the Irish would get to stipulate their partner. Navy suddenly becomes a very attractive option. Navy/Gtown as split members is even more interesting, because it would give the conference a presence in MD once more. At that point what about UCONN and Army heading to The B1G ?

Suddenly there is another program situated in NY paired with another partially situated in the market as well. Regardless of their competitiveness, Army is still a name program that people will watch play. Control of Army Navy every other season would be a nice feather in the conference's cap as well. Both schools also sponsor hockey which is a definite bonus for a The BTN. The AFA could be brought into an expanded PAC or Big 12 so that all three could be accounted for. Maybe Cincy, USF, UCF, UH, BYU, UNM could join the Big 12, with UNLV, BSU, AFA, and SDSU joining the PAC. Just spitballing.

Reaction Score
I've often wondered if as a condition for joining full time the Irish would get to stipulate their partner. Navy suddenly becomes a very attractive option. Navy/Gtown as split members is even more interesting, because it would give the conference a presence in MD once more. At that point what about UCONN and Army heading to The B1G ?

Suddenly there is another program situated in NY paired with another partially situated in the market as well. Regardless of their competitiveness, Army is still a name program that people will watch play. Control of Army Navy every other season would be a nice feather in the conference's cap as well. Both schools also sponsor hockey which is a definite bonus for a The BTN. The AFA could be brought into an expanded PAC or Big 12 so that all three could be accounted for. Maybe Cincy, USF, UCF, UH, BYU, UNM could join the Big 12, with UNLV, BSU, AFA, and SDSU joining the PAC. Just spitballing.
God forbid a basketball only. Actually thinking out of the box is a crime on the boneyard..unfortunately
We can't wait for a P5 conference to save us.
We have to go out and grab it .
Having the best school we can,with the best athletic teams we can ,will ultimately payoff. It might be awhile ., but if we do our part will will eventually succeed.
There having been countless examples from history where an attempt is made to maintain the status quo. They all ultimately fail. Mostly due to unforeseen paradigm shifts. When the bus comes around next time we better have our ticket validated.
Nothing ever stays the same.

Reaction Score

I am not a fan of bringing in Navy.

1) We may have to take its other sports, as Gtown may not want to come.

2) Navy may not want to join.

That is why I prefer UConn to everyone else. Eastern market plus full sports.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Navy football may have a hard time surviving the AAC, never mind the ACC. Georgetown would jump on an invite, it sees itself as a elite basketball school. I don't know much about the rest of its athletic department, but it's not like anybody took a hard look at Pitt.

pj

Reaction Score

1) We may have to take its other sports,

I first read this as "we may have to take all its ports", which I admit would make for a rather expansive league.

Reaction Score

LOL its not about what you prefer. You have a new master to please now.

Reaction Score
God forbid a basketball only. Actually thinking out of the box is a crime on the boneyard..unfortunately
We can't wait for a P5 conference to save us.
We have to go out and grab it .
Having the best school we can,with the best athletic teams we can ,will ultimately payoff. It might be awhile ., but if we do our part will will eventually succeed.
There having been countless examples from history where an attempt is made to maintain the status quo. They all ultimately fail. Mostly due to unforeseen paradigm shifts. When the bus comes around next time we better have our ticket validated.
Nothing ever stays the same.

I was looking at UCONN as a full member for The B1G. My preference would be to add your school and VPI and close up shop for good. That said Army is an interesting study, because they sponsor a surprising amount of sports valued by the B1G such as hockey, wrestling, lacrosse, women's volleyball, and basketball. Yes stepping up in competition would be difficult, but not out of the realm of possibility. Academics speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
I would like to see the academies in the power structure out of gratitude to our armed forces. Young men and women who graduate will be placing themselves at risk for my safety. They deserve a chance to compete if they want to.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I was looking at UCONN as a full member for The B1G. My preference would be to add your school and VPI and close up shop for good. That said Army is an interesting study, because they sponsor a surprising amount of sports valued by the B1G such as hockey, wrestling, lacrosse, women's volleyball, and basketball. Yes stepping up in competition would be difficult, but not out of the realm of possibility. Academics speak for themselves.

In a 16 team scenario, this is my preference as well. As a fan of the Big10, a couple of Big12 teams interest me if they were to get larger.

Reaction Score
In a 16 team scenario, this is my preference as well. As a fan of the Big10, a couple of Big12 teams interest me if they were to get larger.

I could see a scenario where Kansas could be invited, although they would likely be it IMO. The idea of OU and UT seems like a pipe dream to me. I'm not sure I would trust UT being a part of the conference in the same way I would be suspicious of ND.

Reaction Score
I have no idea whether ND joins the ACC or not, but at some point, schools like FSU, Clemson, BC, et al cannot have a run of the conference. From what we've heard historically, Tobacco Road and UVA supporting UConn. The move for Ville was a nod to the football schools who were at risk to bolt. However, with a GOR in place, is that a credible threat any longer? Why wouldn't the basketball centric schools push for another hoop school rather than be bullied by ND? If ND is joining a conference, only the ACC makes sense, so why allow them to choose a partner? At this point, the schools more at risk to bolt would be a VA and NC school to the SEC -- so aren't those the schools that should have to be appeased?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1h
More Irish info: The earliest the Irish can unscramble their scrambled eggs of their current status and move into a conference (ACC) .....

.....as a full time member in Football is the 2017 season. Swarbrick statement of Football Independence being right for Nd"as of right now"

.....is a true statement and accurate statement for Irish Football for 2014/15....2015/16....2016/17. But the Irish now putting into. ...

....focus the target of moving into a conference for football for the 2017/18 season. This endeavor will become public before 14/15 is over.

I understand this info is not believable on its face.....I understand I will get ripped. But hopefully you will get indications quickly

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 59m
The prime motive for ND movement out of Independence is the clear disadvantage of Idependence status in the metrics of the playoff commitee

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This would seem to cast doubt on that, but I don't think the official scheduling announcement has been made yet.

Interesting that it's a 'contract' for 60-games - don't tell the Virginia dandy that it's only a contract and not a blood oath.

Reaction Score
Say ND has to join for football. No reason they need a partner and no reason to believe we're even on the ACCs list. ACC would probably give them they're own division and the winners of the other two divisions have a play-in to face them.

Reaction Score
ND isn't going anywhere

ND already went somewhere. They have one foot in the door. The nbc contract and league affiliation are 2 different things

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND already went somewhere. They have one foot in the door. The nbc contract and league affiliation are 2 different things
That's exactly what I mean. They can stay exactly where they are, as long as the ACC (like the Big East) allows them to hang around.

Reaction Score
If they did join, I can't imagine anyone in the ACC would like having 15 teams. Add one and create two 8-team divisions.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I mean. They can stay exactly where they are, as long as the ACC (like the Big East) allows them to hang around.

The ACC, like the Big East, is not going to toss ND out. Does anyone really think that they would?

The funny thing about this is that no ND source of any nature says a word about the most controversial issue in ND history but some guy in Minnesota "knows all"?

There is not one word at all, not one, from any ND source, "insider", message board, disgruntled alumni (which are legion and vocal on this issue),.....nothing....nobody...nada.

Contrast this silence with the firestorm that happened when ND was talking to the Big Ten in 1999.

Further, not one ACC source says a word about Notre Dame football about to join the conference?

This news would not cause a buzz or ripple in ACC land? No ACC insider, media guy, nothing?

But a Big Ten guy has the scoop?

Because ND somehow got a secret advisory opinion from a playoff committee that hasn't met yet that "spooked" ND into abandoning 127 years of football independence?

ND made a knee jerk reaction in panic about conference membership based on that?

Step back and look at this from about 30,000 feet high. Does any of that make any sense at all?

These are "Dude-like" tweets.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom